PDA

View Full Version : Pushed my first button today!

JmFnG
05-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Y'know, the kind that makes things go bang.

I ordered a pair of 12-cue Chinese firing systems last Thursday, and they arrived today from Singapore. Man, that was fast! Around the world in a week. Of course, it was NECESSARY to immediately perform a test run. So, I taped one of the included e-matches to the fuse of a fountain and it worked like a charm. Instant ear-to-ear grin. What a thrill to experience that for the first time....itching to do it again!

Even with the extremely limited programmable features, I can clearly see that this is going to make my life MUCH easier on 4oJ....plus, I'll be able to enjoy the show from a significantly better position.

The first step onto that slippery slope was an easy one...thanks a lot ya' bunch of filthy enablers. ;)

nayslayer
05-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Congradulations!

Bazerk
05-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Congratulations man! You will never go back. Problem is you will go forward....$$$$!

JmFnG
05-26-2016, 03:18 PM
HA! Ain't that the truth. As if I needed another interest that costs $$$...at least my musical purchases are work related and can be written off...and they don't blow up in mere seconds. Usually.

ras1986
05-26-2016, 06:37 PM
lol this is an awesome time, the first firing sytem!!!! its so awesome, all the damn, thats awesomes you get when you shoot your show is worth it!! you can write fireworks off if you are crafty enough.... lol

Rick_In_Tampa
06-03-2016, 05:22 AM
My wife has a home daycare business. We always invite the daycare families to the show. Instant write-off! :cool:

Rick_In_Tampa
06-03-2016, 05:24 AM
Congrats! I bought a similar system this year myself. Got tired of daisy-chaining all the boards together and fumbling to figure out how to separate large cakes and have them light at the same time. Really looking forward to this years show with the new firing kit. Hope your show goes well!!

JmFnG
06-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks! I am really looking forward to this year's fireworks adventure. Last year was the first year I purchased fuse to avoid hand lighting things one at a time. We assembled a few boards and minimized the running back and forth...it was a vast improvement over previous years, but it still meant we couldn't view from the audience perspective.

This year, I initially planned to chain everything together with long fuses....but when I discovered I could grab 24 cues for $57 shipped. Well, that was a no-brainer.

Now we'll have 6 separate stations (Single for phase 1; Double for phase 2; Triple for phase 3/finale), each with it's own 4-cue module. There will obviously still be some fusing to do, but much less. I have been spending a lot of time watching videos, reading, and brainstorming about possible layouts, pairing cakes, and fusing methods. Fun!!!

Here is my current draft of the layout plan....it excludes about 20 200g cakes that I'm picking up next week -- some for playing over the weekend, others to fill out the show and accompany the bigger cakes.

SUPER psyched that we'll be able to sit back and watch from a distance this time.