PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Lynch?

Bazerk
05-24-2016, 12:15 AM
I can't get to their site and their YouTube channel is empty. Did they go out? What happened?

jh35ky123
05-24-2016, 12:23 AM
I was asking a couple people earlier the same thing. I hope not I was about ready to place my first order for the year , even their facebook page is down!

Dmkaz
05-24-2016, 12:38 AM
I heard a few various things, but give em' a call. They're still around.

Pyro Nation
05-24-2016, 05:53 AM
Huge blow up and David was fired.. he managed all of those items

Bazerk
05-24-2016, 08:46 AM
Huge blow up and David was fired.. he managed all of those items

Well without even knowing the details, I can confidently say that David is acting like a child. Its one thing to have a family dispute or blowout, but to cripple a family company during the busiest time of the year by removing web content and social media information because you can....asshole move. I have spoken to David on the phone on a few times and I am rather surprised that he would act like this. At the same time, I have been asking him for some information for 2 months know and he keeps blowing me off, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I certainly hope they get this ironed out because I intended on driving up there at some point in the next month and a half to spend some money despite being treated like a nobody.

CTPYRO
05-24-2016, 09:12 AM
I heard some of their money making cakes were duds this year.... Trifecta and Tsunami as well as exploding galaxy

Bazerk
05-24-2016, 09:17 AM
I heard some of their money making cakes were duds this year.... Trifecta and Tsunami as well as exploding galaxy

Oh, that would suck because I would have gotten 2 of each. I guess driving back to Indiana from FL to return them would have sucked. Speaking of which, what is the dud policy on 1.3 stuff?

nayslayer
05-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Man, this sounds like a disaster.

PGH_Pyro
05-24-2016, 11:06 AM
"aint no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday ..."
-Frank Zappa

CTPYRO
05-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Oh, that would suck because I would have gotten 2 of each. I guess driving back to Indiana from FL to return them would have sucked. Speaking of which, what is the dud policy on 1.3 stuff?

Well this was reported from the demo they had, but as for trying to return merchandise...... 1.3 is sold as is which is usually displayed on the receipt you get. The distributor may work with you but that is up to them. IPI has some awesome stuff this year though - the Tanghua line of cakes are awesome

Dmkaz
05-24-2016, 12:10 PM
Just to spread the word sans any gossip - Their open shoot has been rescheduled to the following weekend (6/4).

jh35ky123
05-24-2016, 03:14 PM

I think they said Trifecta would not be sold because of problems but a new shipment of tsunami cakes will be ready in june.
just to clarify

Bazerk
05-31-2016, 10:57 PM
I just got through speaking with David and I would like to say that I was in the wrong in saying what I said about him. I was asking for information that I was not aware was sensitive. Instead of telling me no, he was trying to soften the blow by not saying no. Lol. I understand now what he was doing and I can appreciate that. He is a decent guy stuck in a shitty spot and I can also appreciate that. I hope nothing but the best for you David in your future endevours.

JoeR
06-04-2016, 06:19 PM

In regards to the exploding galaxies cake, that is not a known bad batch. Take into consideration that is based off of one cake not shooting as intended. Many of those cakes have been shot and perform as they are supposed to.

Consider that not only were those cakes handled a lot of different times from leaving the factory to being unloaded off of the container, but since the demo was nothing but rain, each cake had to be handled again to waterproofed so it could sit in a soupy field, then loaded on a smaller truck just to make it out to the field. In a perfect world, every cake performs 100% of the time, but the world is not perfect, and sometimes things happen. That is why in this industry you take safety precautions in case something goes wrong, because it does.

All that said, I would not hesitate to buy and use the exploding galaxies cakes as they are not duds. Lynch was not happy with the runs of the other cakes, so they took it upon themselves to not sell them, not because they are duds but because they do not perform as they intended for them to do so. In my opinion, it is a smart business move when you have customers purchasing multiple cakes for fronts and expect the timing of the effects to be close because if a cake or two is off by more than a few seconds, it really looks bad. I am sure there is more that went into their decision to not sell the run of trifecta and tsunami, but that is one of the first reasons that comes to my mind.

displayfireworks1
06-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Who was the manufacture of that cake in question? I am curious if it was Flower King?

PyroManiacs
06-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I am curious if it was Flower King?

If so, not surpising.

Rocketshooter
06-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Why not just sell them at a discount instead of just destroying them?

jh35ky123
06-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Who was the manufacture of that cake in question? I am curious if it was Flower King?

I think Beihai Kylin brand.

Dmkaz
06-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Why not just sell them at a discount instead of just destroying them?

When I talked to Stephen about it, they didn't want a sub-par item with their name on it going out. Also, they wanted to have video proof to send to the manufacturer that the product was destroyed as they're sending over a new batch.

Pyro Nation
06-13-2016, 08:42 PM
New batch should be in very sooon

CTPYRO
06-14-2016, 06:31 PM
I got an email that the new batch is in