PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Oregon

Gnome
05-21-2016, 09:17 PM
Hello from Oregon. After watching Dave's YouTube videos for awhile, lurking here. I finally joined. I'll be getting the DVD kit soon.

displayfireworks1
05-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk discussion forums. Can you tell us something about your level of fireworks experience? Also, how many miles away are you from Pleasant Hill Oregon?

PapaBearPyro
05-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Welcome from Texas PBP

djsmurf
05-21-2016, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

Gnome
05-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

As for my experience I'm a newbie but only because I've stuck with what I know. Excals mainly. I am looking at rack's and a cobra system is also in the works. Dave's and another YouTube guy is a big part of that.

This year I'm going to add some cakes and rockets to the mix. The thing is all the stuff I and my kidos like are illegal here in Oregon. So I now have to find a place in Washington or risk it.

Dave I'm about 1.5 hours noth in Salem.

displayfireworks1
05-22-2016, 08:06 AM
What, there is another fireworks YouTube guy out there. LOL
One of my advertisers Tannerite Pyrotechnics is located in Pleasant Hill Oregon. Here is link to their website. He sells various fireworks and pyrotechnic devices. I believe he also sells a line of 1.4 Consumer Fireworks that may not be listed. Even though fireworks are as you say are illegal in Oregon , they may still permit in state sales, for out of state use. That may sound weird if you are not used to hearing how that words, or how they claim it should work. If you call Tannerite Pyrotechnics tell them I sent you , they will explain how it works. While you are on the site, check out the M-25 air burst cake.
http://tanneriteexplosives.com/products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6
http://pics3.city-data.com/ccdmapsf/ccdmf1157.png

chriskrc
05-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the forum.

aerialpyro
07-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Tannerite is on the 1.4g only wholesale vender list for 2017. It is sad that the closest 1.3g vendor is 230miles from me. Tannerite is over 300, and doesn't do 1.3g... To get a permit to shoot in Oregon, you have to shoot at least 3 shows in 3 years as an assistant to someone else's show. Not sure if 1.4g experience can count towards a Oregon 1.3g operator certification or not.

As long as you stick with 1.4g stuff, and get the required oregon experience, you should be able to get a permit to do shows with 1.4g. How is your progress coming along?