PDA

View Full Version : Company Question

Seaburnj-PA
05-20-2016, 09:55 AM
I hate to do this and risk a reputation hit, as these guys have been great to me in the past. Does anyone personally know anyone or have insight on mortarrack.com? I pre-ordered from them in February, they were supposed to ship out the items in April but I have received nothing. I've emailed them with no response, called them over and over with no answer, left voice mails and received no call backs. Starting to get a bit worried. I made a large order with them last spring and had no issues, they were great, really responsive through email and phone.

displayfireworks1
05-20-2016, 10:07 AM
I can not speak for companies that are not part of my website. Be careful doing what is called preordering products, that goes for any product not just fireworks equipment. This is where a company and their reputation means everything.
Pyroboom is an advertiser on my website. If you need racks give them a call. Word I am getting is their reputation is solid.
http://pyroboom.com/

Seaburnj-PA
05-20-2016, 10:15 AM
I have ordered from Pyroboom, they are great! However the order I am having trouble with was for display racks 4". Thanks for the suggestion though Dave!

Westpapyro
05-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Just thought I'd throw out there that Pyroboom does sell 4" mortars now. To late now I guess?

displayfireworks1
05-20-2016, 06:03 PM
I am curious how does pre-order work. Do you have to pay in full or a percentage? Is a contract established with a promissory date? Does the contract address lateness of delivery?

Seaburnj-PA
05-21-2016, 03:24 PM
It was a sale where if you ordered early you saved x %, with a shipping date 2 months later. That shipping date has passed about a month ago. Like I said I had good dealings with them in the past, no problems. Great customer service, not sure what's wrong now. Just wondering if anyone knew them or about them, last year Kneppy's was who pointed me in their direction.

displayfireworks1
05-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Your honor, the witness did not answer the question? Shall I repeat it or shall he read it again? Did you pay in full?

Seaburnj-PA
05-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Just looking for information if anyone knows about the company or someone who is a part of the company. As the industry seems pretty close knit, I was hoping the case would be someone knew them and knew if they were just delayed.

Weinz34
05-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Call them...

displayfireworks1
05-21-2016, 07:23 PM
I wish I could get you to answer if you paid in full or not. Since you will not, I will assume you paid in full during the pre-order. If a company promises delivery of a product in 60 days and 90 days have gone by without explanation it is a breach of contract. If you paid with a credit card you file a dispute with your credit card company. This is with any business dealing. Only you know if the terms of the sale were clearly outlined.
If someone has an issue with one of the businesses that advertise on pyrotalk, I will mediate the issue if necessary. That company is currently not part of this website. If you get your money back see if one of my advertisers will help you.
I say this on a side note separate from this company you mentioned. in regard to people selling racks and mortars in general. I get approached about this from time to time. There are enthusiast out there that have some carpentry shills and as soon as they figure out how to build a few racks, they immediately want to be in the rack business. There are multiple stories similar to yours over the years, where these so called companies make sales by undercutting the competition, then when delivery comes due they realize the sold too low and want more money from their customers. Now you are pushing a July 4th deadline and desperate. The fireworks rack and mortar business is highly competitive with slim profit margins. I'll be honest I do not know how they make any profit when you consider shipping etc.

PGH_Pyro
05-23-2016, 03:54 PM
i think ill be ordering a couple 20-shot racks from them, soon . i lost a rack to a shell that didnt want to lift .
i custom paint mine .

CTPYRO
05-23-2016, 04:57 PM
Note to self... make your own racks... cheaper in cost

ilovecrackle
05-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Note to self... make your own racks... cheaper in cost

Yeah, that's what Iv done in the past. I absolutely hate building racks so usually a few of us will get together and have a "rack building party" and it doesn't make it so bad. Although i do make sure we build enough so I don't need to build anymore racks for quite a while. lol