PDA

View Full Version : Grabbed 2 cheap 12-cue systems....thoughts on application?

JmFnG
05-19-2016, 03:45 PM
This will be my first year running multiple stations (6 total for a 3-stage show; 1 center - 2 left/right - 3 left/center/right), and the initial plan of relying on fuse was making my head spin.

After seeing Dave's videos, I decided to take a chance on a pair of the readily available cheap firing systems on e-bay. At $57 shipped, I figured it wasn't much of a gamble and could potentially simplify things.

Or so I thought....now my head is spinning with the new world of possibilities that 24 cues creates! Just in time, too....I'm done shopping for the year and needed something else to obsess over.

Left to right....right to left....outside in....inside out....simultaneous....sequential.....alternating

Do y'all have any favorite sequences you like to use?

displayfireworks1
05-20-2016, 08:58 AM
Most advancing fireworks enthusiast start with one or more of these inexpensive import systems . This is why I did that video. These give you a perfect chance to see the possibilities of using wireless fireworks firing. The next step to further advance is to purchases a higher end system like a Cobra or FireTEK. Then you can advance another step getting the ATF 1.3 fireworks license.
If you are new at this I would suggest just fire two products at the same time at the left and right position. Then move up the next firing simultaneous left and right. Keep going then you finale. do the display in less than 15 minutes. If you new at this I am afraid if you set up complex sequences and it does not work properly you will become frustrated. Go with something simple like double firings. Do you have access to electric match?

JmFnG
05-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Thanks, Dave. Not only for the reply, but for all you have contributed to the pyro community. You have built a truly useful pool of knowledge for newcomers to discover. You time and effort is appreciated!

After reading through all of the pertinent threads I could find, I ordered a batch of Talons from Cobra. The prevailing opinion seemed to suggest that was a good choice for my situation. (re-reading my original post, I see I wasn't very clear)

Stage 1 will be a single station (center) fired with fuse.

Stage 2 will be a pair of stations (left/right) each with a 4-cue module.

Stage 3 will be 3 stations (left/center/right) each with a 4-cue module; 50-shot rack at the rear will have the final module.

We'll have enough product/talons/fuse to do some extensive testing over the long weekend. Responsible researchers that we are. ;)

The show will have roughly 60 cakes and 80+ mortars. With only 24 cues, I'm obviously stuck fusing to a certain degree...I'll certainly keep your advice in mind about getting too complex. My goal is to find a happy medium that's more convenient than hand lighting, but of course reliability is key.