PDA

View Full Version : Canister shells

pitts
05-17-2016, 05:59 PM
I am fairly new to the forum but have been playing with fireworks for a long time, what I have noticed about this time of year is a lot of posts asking what the best cans are. I have probably launched 80% of what's out there Lock and Loads, Exterminators, Pro shells, HD, The list goes on, and know what? They are pretty much the same thing, get what you can afford for what is in your area and you will be more than happy

CTPYRO
05-17-2016, 06:01 PM
I agree that most are the same when it comes to consumer cans... the excels a few years ago were my go to C shells

Npntransistor
05-17-2016, 06:35 PM
The only can I have tried is electric rain from wfboom. For the price and for my needs, they have never let me down. I have been sampling 6 packs of other cans just to satisfy curiosity. I'm actually planning to build some dr9 mortar racks for next year and add more ball shells. They all go up and make people happy ;).

djsmurf
05-18-2016, 12:48 AM
Npntransistor, you liked electric rain? No issues with wfboom but electric rain was low break hell last year. I got away from 1.4 ball shells and went to all cans the last few years. Just personal, I like cans and agree while some do have effects I really like (Kiss of Death always nice breaks) many are not far apart.

ilovecrackle
05-18-2016, 01:50 AM
Npntransistor, you liked electric rain? No issues with wfboom but electric rain was low break hell last year. I got away from 1.4 ball shells and went to all cans the last few years. Just personal, I like cans and agree while some do have effects I really like (Kiss of Death always nice breaks) many are not far apart.

I always say Most cans are fairly close in comparison, just different effects. I just get what ever is the cheapest and readily available to me. For the most part a 60 gram can is a 60 gram can. There are a few exceptions out there though. :rolleyes: :p

Npntransistor
05-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Lest year I didn't do cans at all as the budget was limited, the 3 years prior to that I didn't have any problems with electric rain. I like ball shells to fill sky between cakes to extend the show and fill sky for less money. I also find ball shells give the cans something to contrast against if that makes sense. If all the breaks are similar in size to me it makes the show less interesting. If I shoot a few balls up with a can it gives me sky fill at different levels and the feel of different size shells like at a pro show.