PDA

View Full Version : Proud cobra owner

ras1986
05-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Well I ordered my cobra system today. Since it's a pre-order for the mods right now hopefully I will get them in June some5ime and I will take pics then and post. I ordered an r2 and 4 mods to start. Also I have 2 ms232q firing systems with standard remotes for sale that only have one show on them. One terrible show. Make me an offer, they cost 230 new

displayfireworks1
05-09-2016, 09:26 PM
That is great your purchased a Cobra System. You are advancing more and more. Refresh my memory about you and the ATF 1.3 Fireworks License.

ras1986
05-10-2016, 07:37 AM
It's still out tof the atf. They haven't cashed my check yet

Pyro Nation
05-12-2016, 05:15 AM
NICE ras..... love the cobra...i just finished doing the upgrade to my mods for the battery backup..love it

misfmr
05-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Congrats ras1986 on your new addition.

I can't wait until I order my Cobra system.

Frank Rodriguez
misfmr

PapaBearPyro
05-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Congrats RAS, I know you are about to give it a workout when your order gets in LOL PBP

ras1986
05-19-2016, 11:31 PM
1020 finally got them in and powered up. Already got a script ready to load. These systems are soon nice. Videos and pictures don't do justice.... some may notice the lack of antaenna extension to the lid......... I get the armor case waaayyyyyy cheaper including the antenna extension..... waiting for it to come in the mail. Very pleased with the system

displayfireworks1
05-20-2016, 08:46 AM
ras1986 you are advancing nicely, you need that ATF license now. I have to ask , on those Cobra cases , what was the rationale for the one yellow case?
Refresh my memory on this , you were the one that ATF Inspector persuaded you to withdraw the application on? And now you are applying a second time?

Bazerk
05-20-2016, 08:49 AM
I have to ask , on those Cobra cases , what was the rationale for the one yellow case?

Heh, I did this but I have 5 black cases for the 18Ms and 1 Yellow for the 18R2. Im curious on this answer as well, lol.

displayfireworks1
05-20-2016, 09:04 AM
My Cobra system has one of each of the available choice for marketing purposes. If I were to pick a color I would pick yellow for better night viewing. The black does look the best and hides the dirt and grim. I personally like my fireworks equipment to look well used and a little dirty. But I can understand how some like it neat and clean.

Northern Sky
05-20-2016, 01:13 PM
I ordered an r2 and 4 mods to start. One terrible show. Make me an offer. . .

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your previous system but look where it lead you. Congrats on making the move to a Cobra system. Welcome to the club. My prediction is you are going to love it.

ras1986 you are advancing nicely, you need that ATF license now.
Refresh my memory on this , you were the one that ATF Inspector persuaded you to withdraw the application on? And now you are applying a second time?

I just don't get pressure of getting a 54. Getting PGI or APA certified, shooting with a club or a company I understand but opening yourself to the feds just isn't for everyone. A good 1.4G displays can be much more entertaining than the average 1.3G with some creativity. Depending on the venue, 1.4G is far preferred even if adequate space is available with out the scrutiny of the feds.

Adding 1 TK or 2" shell makes the entire display 1.3G.

ras1986
05-20-2016, 06:15 PM
ras1986 you are advancing nicely, you need that ATF license now. I have to ask , on those Cobra cases , what was the rationale for the one yellow case?

Yes sir, he asked me to withdraw, so I did.... stupidly. Lol the store only had 3 blacks. I don't care about colors anyway. I'm going to make a slot in all the cases with a weather strip to get the wires to all come out in one round bundle.

ras1986
05-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your previous system but look where it lead you. Congrats on making the move to a Cobra system. Welcome to the club. My prediction is you are going to love it.

I just don't get pressure of getting a 54. Getting PGI or APA certified, shooting with a club or a company I understand but opening yourself to the feds just isn't for everyone. A good 1.4G displays can be much more entertaining than the average 1.3G with some creativity. Depending on the venue, 1.4G is far preferred even if adequate space is available with out the scrutiny of the feds.

Adding 1 TK or 2" shell makes the entire display 1.3G.

Adding salutes to a 1.4 show just makes it a hell of a bad ass show

displayfireworks1
05-20-2016, 09:09 PM
At ras1986 that is funny, Surprisingly a state as large as Texas has a low number of ATF fireworks license holders, probably because they are too busy buying guns. LOL If I remember correctly you had a magazine and everything, that ATF Inspector was probably in shock when he came to interview you. Lets not let that happen again. i hope you seeing others share their experience in getting licensed will give you some confidence. The ATF Inspectors in Texas are probably just not used to seeing advanced fireworks enthusiast.
At Northern Sky, I have a lengthy opinion about these fireworks clubs I'll save for another time. Advancing into fireworks requires getting some form of the ATF license. It stimulates a majority of enthusiast deeper into the hobby. Some have advanced further than you can imagine. I push it because that is what I do, I know the positive affect. I promote the hobby to those that want to advance. I have the platform to get it done. The clubs in theory can get it done and be part of it, however they chose not to. They only perceive they are doing so. I do not see it happening at the "Club" level. From my recent survey statistics, ATF 1.3 Fireworks license holders continue to purchase 1.4 at a very high rate. Just because they are licensed to purchase 1.3 fireworks they do not abandon 1.4 Consumer Fireworks.