PDA

View Full Version : PGI certified display operator

Melp
05-08-2016, 11:14 AM
I am so glad I was able to take this class. It was a day full of information and a lot of fun. A lot of the fire departments are now requiring anyone that is shooting 1.3 will have to be PGI certified. Another reason to take this class. The instructor that gave the class is going to send in my information to get my Card. Does anyone know how long that takes?

CTPYRO
05-08-2016, 06:20 PM
You may also want to check to see if you need a state certification ( Cert of Compentency ) as well to discharge 1.3

PGH_Pyro
05-09-2016, 10:09 AM
the P.G.I. d.o.c. text-book is about the ONLY text-book that i've ever WANTED TO READ:o

PYRODAD1236
05-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Congrats Brother.... I took the course @ Kellner's .
Everyone Should take the class @ least once !!!

Csection
05-13-2016, 09:53 AM
I am so glad I was able to take this class. It was a day full of information and a lot of fun. A lot of the fire departments are now requiring anyone that is shooting 1.3 will have to be PGI certified. Another reason to take this class. The instructor that gave the class is going to send in my information to get my Card. Does anyone know how long that takes?
If you took the class, you should receive a certificate saying you passed the class. There will be a card inside that tells the steps completed and the steps required to be fully certified i.e. must be a lead shooter on at least one of five shoots with a certified P.G.I. instructor present. This information must be verified.
To the best of my knowledge I believe that is correct.

Melp
05-22-2016, 12:36 PM
That is correct, fortunately for me the guy that I shoot shows for is the pgi instructor. I had my five shows a long time ago with him present. I suggest everyone take this class. When it comes to fireworks Im a safety nut, so this class was the best.

Csection
05-22-2016, 10:07 PM
That is correct, fortunately for me the guy that I shoot shows for is the pgi instructor. I had my five shows a long time ago with him present. I suggest everyone take this class. When it comes to fireworks Im a safety nut, so this class was the best.

Was that guy one of the instructors of the class? If so we must have been at the same class at the same time(Apr) sponsored by Fire Art/Ace Pyro.