PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from an avid pyro in Ohio

pimpdaddee28
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone,

Most people know me as pimpdaddee28 from my youtube channel, but I do have other names across several other pyro forums (namely starvin marvin). I've been an avid fan of pyro for about 20 years now and I don't plan to give up the habit (actually, It's quite the opposite, it's growing more and more every year, lol). I've joined pyrotalk because of some growing interest that I have with 1.3g products. I haven't decided to leave 1.4g yet, but there may come a point where I would like to "take it up a notch," lol. For now, I'm happy to be here and I'm a big fan of Dave's videos.

As I mentioned, I do have a youtube channel and for the most part, I deal with WF Boom products. I do unboxings and demos (just about the same thing that your average pyro youtuber does). Here's a quick link to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkdGS1IgLws9tEuiGDNzmRw

displayfireworks1
05-03-2016, 09:20 PM
I recognize your name from YouTube, thanks for joining. If you are at least 21 and do not have anything beyond simple issues like traffic tickets etc on your record there is no reason you can not get the ATF Fireworks License.
Without revealing the data I am collecting about fireworks enthusiast behavior. ATF license holders do not stop buying 1.4 product just because they have a license to purchase 1.3 . You advance to another level with the 1.3 license. You are geographically situated where you should be able to do it. I am curious do you have a fireworks firing system of any type ?

djsmurf
05-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Welcome pimpdaddee28, great channel by the way.

jknepp1954
05-04-2016, 06:57 AM
cool name and welcome to pyro talk. i will have to checkout your youtube channel
I would like to peronslaly invite you to our Kneppy's Fireworks Demo and open shoot this weekend.
Here is the link for that! Hope to see you SOON!
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?4511-Kneppys-Fireworks-Open-Shoot-and-Demo-Nights-May-6-amp-7

pimpdaddee28
05-04-2016, 08:09 AM
I recognize your name from YouTube, thanks for joining. If you are at least 21 and do not have anything beyond simple issues like traffic tickets etc on your record there is no reason you can not get the ATF Fireworks License.
Without revealing the data I am collecting about fireworks enthusiast behavior. ATF license holders do not stop buying 1.4 product just because they have a license to purchase 1.3 . You advance to another level with the 1.3 license. You are geographically situated where you should be able to do it. I am curious do you have a fireworks firing system of any type ?

I haven't really felt the need to purchase a firing system, mainly because I've preferred to light everything by hand over the years. I'll probably never use one for 1.4g products, but if I ever do buy one, it'll probably be used strictly for 1.3g products.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk.I think you will find as time goes on & you are more into the 1.3 product that you still will not "abandon" the 1.4 products. There are a lot of nice 1.4 items out there & always something new coming out. The "weekend warrior" hobbyist can fatten up a show with some 1.3 product--that is why most people get their "54". But I have seen some displays at club shoots & events done strictly with 1.4g & 1.4g pro [Articles Pyrotechnics] that are simply incredible. It is a hobby you can grow in & be creative with. Have fun with it!

pimpdaddee28
05-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all of the great info guys!! It's nice to know that interest in 1.4g product does not wane for people who have used 1.3g items for the longest time.

I also forgot to mention this in my original post, but my real name is Joe if anyone prefers to be formal in future conversations.

ilovecrackle
05-04-2016, 04:41 PM
welcome pimpdaddy. Thanks for your videos. They helped me with some of my purchases this year!

Westpapyro
05-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Hi Joe, welcome to PT.

Weinz34
05-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Welcome fellow Buckeye!!!