PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 Received (Chronology)

joewad
04-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Finally got got my Type 54 in the mail along with that golden ticket from Willy Wonka I misplaced several years ago. Here's the chronology of events for those that are curious:

Dec 1 2015: Received Displayworks1 Dave's instructional DVD.
Dec 27 2015: Mailed application for Explosive License Permit
Mar 3 2016: ATF home interview.
Apr 16 2016: Explosive License Permit received in mail.

From being around here in the forum for a couple years now I was expecting a 2 maybe 3 week turnaround. Why it did not happen I do not know. At week 4 I called the agent whom performed interview. He stated he recommended approval for me and it was now somewhere in licensing. I then began emailing my licensing point of contact once a week requesting status. She was quite professional and helpful. After 34 years of working "Uncle Sugar" in the largest employer in the country I was aware how things get either misplaced or at the bottom of the pile. I maintained respectfulness when making my inquiries. Looking closely at license/permit I am surprised I actually received them in the mail. They had my name and street address correct but wrong city in the state of Indiana. The zip code was correct is probably what got it to me. I have since emailed my license point of contact for corrected copies. Another irony is that it was delivered to and made out to me at my Post Office Box and not to my house/premise (which was on application not my PO box). I wasn't concerned about my back ground check since I had a secret clearance the last 15 years of employment. I was so confident that during the previous 3 months I assembled 7 - 5 inch racks, 7 - 4 inch racks and 14 - 3 inch racks. Speaking of which it's time to get them dirty.

displayfireworks1
04-17-2016, 06:46 PM
First off congratulations on receiving the ATF Fireworks license. I hope your experience inspires others to pursue the license. Your experience outlines why it is important to start this process early in the season. Although, there are others that report getting all of this done in two months. There is no predicting it. You are moving along great, you have racks built and everything. I love hearing these types of success stories. Thanks for sharing it on the forums. You will be all set come July 4th.
It was a nice day here in Pennsylvania I made a short video of me sending out one of my DVD application packets to a customer in Massachusetts. I try to get orders over the weekend down to the post office Sunday to be ready to go out in the AM.

OK who is next? Maybe I can mail out a packet to you. LOL
http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php
unlisted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alL6czRPlLc

CTPYRO
04-18-2016, 10:06 AM
I wonder if your Mass guy is an NHPA member? Mass is still one of the few states that bans any type of fireworks

Bazerk
04-18-2016, 11:45 AM
What office do you call to check status prior to getting any calls? The WV office?

CTPYRO
04-18-2016, 01:23 PM
What office do you call to check status prior to getting any calls? The WV office?

Should be your local ATF office. I'm in CT so I contact the Hartford office should I need to. When you send in the application it goes to Atlanta, GA and then I would imagine the local ATF in your area for the interview process

Bazerk
04-18-2016, 01:47 PM
Should be your local ATF office. I'm in CT so I contact the Hartford office should I need to. When you send in the application it goes to Atlanta, GA and then I would imagine the local ATF in your area for the interview process

Thanks for the info. I will have to try to find out which one is my office. My situation is a little bit unique in that the "business" is located in Broward County and the magazine is in Charlotte County 2 hours away. I suppose it can be only one of two offices.

CTPYRO
04-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Your business would be where you reside/live.. this is where the ATF will come to. As for your storage I'm guessing once a year? I'm not the expert on that question. I have my contingency in New Hampshire and I live in CT. I shoot with the NHPA and the Mag is kept up by members living in those parts but I only have to use it once a year for a months storage

displayfireworks1
04-18-2016, 07:24 PM
At Bazerk
Here is a link to the ATF offices in the state of Florida. Reference the "Industry Operations" section. I think it is reasonable to assume they will assign to the closest office to your home address. You can start by calling the West Virginia clearing area to see what office was assigned to your application and then call that office.
https://www.atf.gov/tampa-field-division/northwest-florida-field-offices
https://www.atf.gov/miami-field-division/southeast-florida-field-offices
When they call you be sure to explain the distance between the magazine and your home. This will give them the option on how they want to proceed. I am predicting more than one inspector is going to need to sign off on your magazine. If just one inspectors looks at it and approves it I would shocked. It is up to you if you want to call, i think they will be calling you soon.
I see you reveled you live in Broward County with the magazine in Charlotte County Florida. I knew that because you told me, but did not want to say until you did.
For your reference
ATF license currently
Broward County -2
Charlotte County -0