View Full Version : 1.4 Professional Fireworks

kinterke
04-14-2016, 04:07 PM
In one of Dave's posts, he mentions that professional companies rarely use 1.4 fireworks in their shows, but when they do, they use 1.4 Professional fireworks.

Anyone know what this means?

chriskrc
04-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Dominator and a couple other manufacturers have these and when you look them up they are also called articles of pyrotechnics.

kinterke
04-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Can anyone buy them? Is there a place in or near MI that has these that I could call and talk to them about?

ilovecrackle
04-14-2016, 05:01 PM
Can anyone buy them? Is there a place in or near MI that has these that I could call and talk to them about?

I'll try and describe this as best I can. Haha
I'll use dominator because lots of people are familiar with dominator and that's what I have used.
Dominator pro items such as fan slices and their single shot mines, comets, cakes and even their fountains come quick matched. Their single shot 62mm shells come with an ematch port to insert your own ematch. These items are geared more toward those who want certain effects and instant ignition.
To purchase such items you need to show proof you know how to handle such items properly and safely. I'm assuming because these items come quick matched.
I purchase my items from RKM on the west side of Michigan. They require proof such as pgi training certificate, membership to a Pyro club and I'm certain having your 54 would do.
So even though they are 1.4items, they are 1.4pro items and not just anyone can purchase them. You won't find them for sale at any retail type store.
I hope all that made at least a little sense. Haha

kinterke
04-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Thank you. I have been setting off a fireworks show for the past couple year using an electronic sequencing system. These items look exactly like what I am looking for this year to add some music and que timing. I know quite a bit about electronic firing systems, but haven't been to any specific training and am not a member of a pyro club. I will probably join a club at some point, but seems like my best bet would be to get a PGI training cert. Thanks for the info.

CTPYRO
04-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Def join a club. You meet a lot of people who have been in the industry for a long time and get involved with group buys

kinterke
04-14-2016, 07:32 PM
I will. Kids keep me so busy right now.

For the last 2 years, I have ordered wholesale from wfboom, and had a pallet delivered to my work (where I have access to a forktruck)!! Lol.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Thank you. I have been setting off a fireworks show for the past couple year using an electronic sequencing system. These items look exactly like what I am looking for this year to add some music and que timing. I know quite a bit about electronic firing systems, but haven't been to any specific training and am not a member of a pyro club. I will probably join a club at some point, but seems like my best bet would be to get a PGI training cert. Thanks for the info.

What state do you live in?

displayfireworks1
04-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Don't think those Dominator products are salutes because last i heard they are not. If I remember correctly you live in Michigan. I can help get you an ATF license if you are at least 21 then you can purchase 1.3. If you want salute effects without the ATF license , buy these from my advertiser Tannerite Explosives the M-25 cake. You can have these shipped to you.
http://tanneriteexplosives.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=23&zenid=0f1bed00eb0f55c0c084ea0e94651330

displayfireworks1
04-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Also if you want to purchase Articles of Pyrotechnics you are going to need a fireworks firing system. Most of these items are fused for electrical firing. Although I believe the M-25 now comes with a green Viso in addition to the elctric match. Also I want to tell you that delivering the 1.4 fireworks to your work is a great idea. It is always easier to ship to commercial addresses. You also a avoid having all your neighbors see a big truck pull up to your house. That is the kind of job we all need, they allow you to ship fireworks to their location. Do a group purchase with all your coworkers. LOL

kinterke
04-15-2016, 10:48 AM
I work at a pretty small company, and I just promise that none will come into the building. I basically use the fork truck to get them off the truck, depalletize them, and put them in my car. I have a couple co-workers that buy some from me, but they are mostly just for my show.

This is always an exciting day!!

kinterke
04-15-2016, 10:50 AM
Dave,

I use two sequencers for my show, a 32 queue and 40 queue. The issue with purchasing the M-25 cake at the moment may be that I don't have any official "license". Is there a way for me to prove to them I know what I am doing, or will they require something more substantial?

PGH_Pyro
04-15-2016, 11:08 AM
these "pro 1.4G" fireworks are usually more carefully formulated and composed. the colors are more acutely dialed-in . the breaks more symmetrical and uniform .
sometimes, you can splice visco into the e-match if you don't have a firing system although firing system surely allows more controlled/simultaneous firing and more impressive performance.