PDA

View Full Version : i can now say to myself welcome to the cobra family

hatsgoods
04-13-2016, 12:47 PM
well im gonna be part of the cobra family very soon. i just have to adjust some thing around in my bank account then place my order. my first order is 1 mod and a r2 remote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln5gNDw_-XU

:cool:

hatsgoods
04-13-2016, 06:17 PM
never mind i couldnt work it out so i got a china system off ebay instead

Northern Sky
04-13-2016, 09:26 PM
never mind i couldnt work it out so i got a china system off ebay instead

What?

How does this happen in 5 hours

hatsgoods
04-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Had a last minute bill come in the mail so I had the money to get it but after paying an important bill I was left with about 250$ to spend

Bazerk
04-14-2016, 08:16 AM
Had a last minute bill come in the mail so I had the money to get it but after paying an important bill I was left with about 250$ to spend

Not for nothing, but I would have saved that $250 and waited until you had enough to get the cobra.

Npntransistor
04-14-2016, 09:02 AM
Not for nothing, but I would have saved that $250 and waited until you had enough to get the cobra.

+1

A small cheap (12q for like $30)china system is ok to keep yourself entertained while your saving up for a good system. I'm a cheapskate and even I can't justify anything less then a cobra system for quality / features vs price.

But in the end it's whatever fits your needs, budget, and impulse to have it now (I'm bad like that).

CTPYRO
04-14-2016, 10:25 AM
I bought the 18R2 and two mods with cases....

Bazerk
04-14-2016, 10:47 AM
I added 2 more mods and 2 cases during the april 1st sale. The question is, where does one stop expanding? Im wondering if I should buy the audio box and then start investing in mortar tubes and building my rack collection. I already bought the shed that is designated for my pyro addiction. Now I need to fill it up with racks.

ilovecrackle
04-14-2016, 11:22 AM
I added 2 more mods and 2 cases during the april 1st sale. The question is, where does one stop expanding? Im wondering if I should buy the audio box and then start investing in mortar tubes and building my rack collection. I already bought the shed that is designated for my pyro addiction. Now I need to fill it up with racks.

I know someone that has 100+ cobra mods and shows no signs of slowing down. lol
So I guess it just depends on your needs and finances. lol :p

Pyro@Mach13
04-14-2016, 12:03 PM
I know someone that has 100+ cobra mods and shows no signs of slowing down. lol
So I guess it just depends on your needs and finances. lol :p

and someone with 280 of them bad bears....

Bazerk
04-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Im not rich by any means, but I do and will do whatever I have to do to be able to buy all of the things that I like/want. The wife hates me for it because she can never buy me anything I want because I already bought it, lol. The issue I will run into is this. I already spend 5k on my fourth of july party. If I have more mods, I will feel the need to use those mods, which in turns means more fireworks. As much as I would love that to be the case, I do have a wife, four kids in private school, 3 dogs and normal bills to pay like everyone else(mortgage, car payments, insurances, cell phones and so on). In saying that, I will probably buy 2 mods per year now that I have 5. I feel that the 5 will be enough to do what I wanna do for a while and I do need to start building my rack collection for the larger shells which will take my existing shows to the next level. Hell, I still have to tinker with the pyromusical side of this hobby. I have the software from Cobra and I havent even made a single script yet.....Im a slacker.

CTPYRO
04-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Your not messing around spending 5K on your show... that's awesome. Imagine what you could do if the whole show was 1.3......I mean you could do a serious show...

Bazerk
04-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Your not messing around spending 5K on your show... that's awesome. Imagine what you could do if the whole show was 1.3......I mean you could do a serious show...

You are 100% correct bud, lol. That is why I applied for my 54. Im sure you've seen my post about the storage magazine I built. They have my application, they have taken my money and now it has been 2 and a half weeks and still no call to set up my interview. I need this done so that my money can go further. Im not getting this license because I want bigger stuff. I want it for the price breaks and better cakes. I will, of course, be getting into larger shells but nothing over 4's. Im not interested in bigger than that at this point or the foreseeable future.

CTPYRO
04-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Yea that's strange that you haven't gotten a call yet but perhaps it could be the storage thing you submitted.. not sure. I wouldn't say your money goes further because 1.3 isn't exactly cheap but it also depends on what brands you buy as well. There are so many B cakes to choose from as well.. endless possibilities as fillers. I personally use a lot of Lidu, Flower King and Jinsheng

Bazerk
04-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Yea that's strange that you haven't gotten a call yet but perhaps it could be the storage thing you submitted.. not sure. I wouldn't say your money goes further because 1.3 isn't exactly cheap but it also depends on what brands you buy as well. There are so many B cakes to choose from as well.. endless possibilities as fillers. I personally use a lot of Lidu, Flower King and Jinsheng

Dont point and laugh at me for saying this but....I have not been getting case pricing up until last year. I was stuck in the BOGO from TNT for so long because I didnt know any better. So, my money will go a lot further than it used to in that respect. 1.3 is dirt cheap compared to what I was paying previously. Hell, so is the 1.4 now that I have crawled out from under my rock. TNT wouldnt give me case pricing unless I spent 5k or more. Skyking was the next closest to me and they dont do it either. There arent really any mom and pop shops around here so my options were limited. I did eventually find a nice woman who owns a blackcat store on the west coast of FL about 2 hours west of me that sells me at case pricing so Ive had to live using Brothers and Blackcat unfortunately. This license is going to open up a whole new world to me and I am excited, lol. Just how excited you ask? Well as soon as that license gets to me I am driving to Indiana some 1200 miles away to make my first purchase. Of course I will have an empty box trailer attached to the back of my truck, but thats where I am at. I like Lynch products and they carry a decent variety of the things I like. David Lynch has been very helpful for me as well. He actually told me that the national average right now from time of application acceptance to license in hand is between 45-60 days. Told me that the first call has been typically around the 3 week mark. So if my call doesnt come by Tuesday of this coming week, I will call and check status.

ilovecrackle
04-14-2016, 03:52 PM
I have the software from Cobra and I havent even made a single script yet.....Im a slacker.

Your a slacker???? I'v had the 18R2 and 6 mods for over a year and haven't even used them once. LOL :cool:

CTPYRO
04-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Your a slacker???? I'v had the 18R2 and 6 mods for over a year and haven't even used them once. LOL :cool:

Whoa......that's an investment going to waste.. lol

Npntransistor
04-14-2016, 04:07 PM

I had my China module for a grand total of 15 min before I had something wired into it lol. You sir should seek imitate professional help.

Bazerk
04-14-2016, 04:10 PM

Im almost as bad. Im not at quite a year of owning mine yet, but I have only used it once.

ilovecrackle
04-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Whoa......that's an investment going to waste.. lol

Im almost as bad. Im not at quite a year of owning mine yet, but I have only used it once.

Well, I did get them un boxed, put batteries in them and turned them on to make sure they worked. lol

I had my China module for a grand total of 15 min before I had something wired into it lol. You sir should seek imitate professional help.

Yeah, my wife tells me i need help all the time. lol

I actually have another firing system that I was/am more than happy with. I had opportunity to get the cobra at a pretty good price so i sold about 5 of my other systems and used that money to buy the cobra.
Once i started looking into scripting and how time consuming it is, I just continued to use my other systems and put the cobras on the shelf for now. lol

PyroJoeNEPA
04-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Dont point and laugh at me for saying this but....I have not been getting case pricing up until last year. I was stuck in the BOGO from TNT for so long because I didnt know any better. So, my money will go a lot further than it used to in that respect. 1.3 is dirt cheap compared to what I was paying previously. Hell, so is the 1.4 now that I have crawled out from under my rock. TNT wouldnt give me case pricing unless I spent 5k or more. Skyking was the next closest to me and they dont do it either. There arent really any mom and pop shops around here so my options were limited. I did eventually find a nice woman who owns a blackcat store on the west coast of FL about 2 hours west of me that sells me at case pricing so Ive had to live using Brothers and Blackcat unfortunately.
You need to look into the Pyro Club in FLA--FPAG Florida Pyrotechnics Arts Guild
www.fpag.org
(http://www.fpag.org/) (http://www.fpag.org/)david.hilsabeck@fpag.org
Connecting with a club will open doors for you at club shoots to meet & deal with vendors and the prices are usually WAY below the "store" prices. Plus, there is the opportunity to get in on "group buys". Also, you will get to meet a lot of people that share the same passion.