PDA

View Full Version : Uhaul Tape

Csection
04-10-2016, 06:32 PM
I was wondering if that Uhaul tape burns if Quick fuse is taped to the top edge of a mortar rack?

I have never used it, but I was planning on getting some for joining fuse to cakes and racks.
I am referring to tubes setting it on fire when they go off.

I may not be wording this correctly, but I'm getting old and my brain doesn't function as well when putting these threads together.

Playingwithfire85
04-10-2016, 06:54 PM
I have used the uhaul tape to cover racks before and they paper had little scorch marks on it but it did not "burn". Most of it was just ripped off.

Csection
04-10-2016, 07:33 PM
I have used the uhaul tape to cover racks before and they paper had little scorch marks on it but it did not "burn". Most of it was just ripped off.
That is very informative! Thanks! I'll have to get some and see.

Playingwithfire85
04-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Are you specifically looking for something that burns? If not then uhaul tape would be your best bet. I have tried many different tapes and it seems to work best. Also remember if you completely wrap quick fuse it will burn faster, sometimes similar to quick match. Another option is using cheap zip ties and use two per fuse about 3/4 to 1 inch apart to give more time to ignite.

Csection
04-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Are you specifically looking for something that burns? If not then uhaul tape would be your best bet. I have tried many different tapes and it seems to work best. Also remember if you completely wrap quick fuse it will burn faster, sometimes similar to quick match. Another option is using cheap zip ties and use two per fuse about 3/4 to 1 inch apart to give more time to ignite.
I was just referring to holding fuse to a rack so it doesn't flop all over the place as it burns. How do you attach fuse on your rack. I don't have enough modules to match each tube, so I want to attach fuse to the rack. Mostly I use pink 10sec/ft., but connecting a 12 shot rack the wrap around is Quick fuse from one side to the other.

ilovecrackle
04-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I was just referring to holding fuse to a rack so it doesn't flop all over the place as it burns. How do you attach fuse on your rack. I don't have enough modules to match each tube, so I want to attach fuse to the rack. Mostly I use pink 10sec/ft., but connecting a 12 shot rack the wrap around is Quick fuse from one side to the other.

I either use the uhaul tape of duct tape to cover the fuse to keep it from flopping all over as it burns.
In my experience, the fuse burns through the tape but doesn't actually "catch fire" and burn completely up.

N3OQO
04-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Doesn't burn, will smoke for a sec and go out. With certain quick-fuses thou will turn into a small firecracker. HEH

Csection
04-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Doesn't burn, will smoke for a sec and go out. With certain quick-fuses thou will turn into a small firecracker. HEH
Have you ever had it break a connection when that happens?

I keep seeing my ignorance as you guys respond. My original thought was; when a tube goes off; does it catch the next link on fire from the spit? Then I realized it is probably past that point already! So kind of pointless as long it doesn't catch fire when burning. It is safe at that point. Am I correct?

Sounds like it is really good to me!

PyroJoeNEPA
04-12-2016, 12:56 PM
The Uhaul tape will work fine for what you want to do. It will smoulder slightly where the fuse passes thru it, then go out. Better than using Duct Tape which has a tendency to smoulder, burn, & stink!

Csection
04-12-2016, 01:09 PM
The Uhaul tape will work fine for what you want to do. It will smoulder slightly where the fuse passes thru it, then go out. Better than using Duct Tape which has a tendency to smoulder, burn, & stink!

Really! Burns and stinks too, huh?
Kinda like farting at a friendly bon-fire, too close to the fire, huh?
I guess the known anachronism "Distance is friend" applies here!
Just joking! (Not enough humor on the forums!)

Thank you and every one who replied to my request for info.

ilovecrackle
04-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Really! Burns and stinks too, huh?
Kinda like farting at a friendly bon-fire, too close to the fire, huh?
I guess the known anachronism "Distance is friend" applies here!
Just joking! (Not enough humor on the forums!)

Thank you and every one who replied to my request for info.

There can never be enough fart references on any forum. haha

Csection
04-12-2016, 10:13 PM
There can never be enough fart references on any forum. haha

This is a little off topic, but seems relevant to safety! Any of you ever fart while bending over to light a rack and blow a hole in your pants?