PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SW PA!!!!

HuskerNation
03-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Hello all. Great to be on the site. I've followed Dave's videos for several years now and always find something new to try or to make something better in my process.
I've been doing my own backyard displays for friends and family for about 7 years. Like most of us I started by buying my stash at Phantom. I would never knock Phantom, they do have great product. But as time has gone by and my shows were getting larger I had to find a better way to stretch my dollar. That's when I first came across pyrouniverse.com (miss that site). My eyes were opened to the wonders of wholesale purchasing. Ask my wife, I was as giddy as a school girl looking thru the pricing at WFBoom. So with that said, I've been buying from WFBoom going on 4 years and just placed my order for this upcoming year (36 cases woohoo!!!!).
I now build my own mortar racks and use an electronic firing system from time to time. I still prefer hand lighting things leading up to the finale. Safety always comes first. I have a few select friends that assist me and they all know the rules I go by. Every year we find a better way of doing things. A better way of organizing. A safer way of conducting what we do for us and our audience.
I've gotten several calls from people that got my name thru friends that wanted to announce their baby genders to their friends and family. It's always cool to see the reactions when they see the sky fill with blue(boy) or red/pink(girl). I don't charge anything (It's just 5 or 6 #500 tubes from WFBoom). Just helping them make a special announcement is fun.
I'm no expert by any means, but hopefully I can help others with any questions or share experiences that make someone elses shows safer and more enjoyable.

Thanks.

ilovecrackle
03-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Hello all. Great to be on the site. I've followed Dave's videos for several years now and always find something new to try or to make something better in my process.
I've been doing my own backyard displays for friends and family for about 7 years. Like most of us I started by buying my stash at Phantom. I would never knock Phantom, they do have great product. But as time has gone by and my shows were getting larger I had to find a better way to stretch my dollar. That's when I first came across pyrouniverse.com (miss that site). My eyes were opened to the wonders of wholesale purchasing. Ask my wife, I was as giddy as a school girl looking thru the pricing at WFBoom. So with that said, I've been buying from WFBoom going on 4 years and just placed my order for this upcoming year (36 cases woohoo!!!!).
I now build my own mortar racks and use an electronic firing system from time to time. I still prefer hand lighting things leading up to the finale. Safety always comes first. I have a few select friends that assist me and they all know the rules I go by. Every year we find a better way of doing things. A better way of organizing. A safer way of conducting what we do for us and our audience.
I've gotten several calls from people that got my name thru friends that wanted to announce their baby genders to their friends and family. It's always cool to see the reactions when they see the sky fill with blue(boy) or red/pink(girl). I don't charge anything (It's just 5 or 6 #500 tubes from WFBoom). Just helping them make a special announcement is fun.
I'm no expert by any means, but hopefully I can help others with any questions or share experiences that make someone elses shows safer and more enjoyable.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums. WFboom does indeed have some nice product. Getting a few 10+ cases from them this year myself. :)

PapaBearPyro
03-25-2016, 08:43 PM
Welcome aboard-36 cases-yeah its about time you jumped about the pyrotalk train LOL :cool:
PBP

Westpapyro
03-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Huskernation What's up. We used to talk before, but I'm so bad with names. Sorry.
How've you been?
Chuck

HuskerNation
03-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Huskernation What's up. We used to talk before, but I'm so bad with names. Sorry.
How've you been?
Chuck

Yes...I recognized your name when I saw it earlier when I first joined. Great to hear from you again. Was just chatting with our mutual friend here at work earlier. Everything is going great. Have since moved doing my backyard shows at home to a friends farm. MUCH more room to spread out what we do.

Rich

HuskerNation
03-25-2016, 09:55 PM
ilovecrackle,

I have purchased consumer items from Kellners and BJ Alan (Phantoms wholesaler)as well in the past. I wish there were some places closer to us down here in SW PA, but 1.5 or 2hrs drive isn't bad. But this year I did decide to go all WFBoom.

PyroManiacs
03-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

djsmurf
03-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Welcome! You can never really go wrong with an all WFBoom show. I'll likely be pushing 30+ cases from them this year.

Fire Art
04-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Husker, I am pretty close to you! Think we may have just connected on facebook too. Hopefully you can make my open shoot and demo. May 13 and 14

jknepp1954
04-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Husker - from Central Pa here.
To keep you busy on the weekends - home you can make it ALSO to our open shoot and Demo - MAY 6 & 7 - details coming soon.

chriskrc
04-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the forum husker

N3OQO
04-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Hey guy, welcome aboard. Steel City Pyrocrafter on utube. Nice to see you here neighbor!!

Rocketshooter
04-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Welcome, there are lots of pyros in SW PA.

PYRODAD1236
04-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the forum

HuskerNation
04-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Husker - from Central Pa here.
To keep you busy on the weekends - home you can make it ALSO to our open shoot and Demo - MAY 6 & 7 - details coming soon.

Wish I could make it. But that's the same weekend as my daughters basketball tourney in York, PA. I'd love to make to some demos. Working 12hr shifts makes it difficult.

scpyrouser
04-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk.