PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Type 54 Guys

Bazerk
03-25-2016, 02:53 PM
My application is in the works right now. I expect to hear from the ATF within the next 10 days to schedule my verbal and inspection of my magazine. My question is this. If I added my cousin as an employee possessor, does his house play into the table of distances? I know that if he was not, his house would be considered an inhabited building, but does this exempt him of the distance because he is an EP? Im asking this because I think I am 5 feet away from being at the 230ft mark which allows me up to 5000lbs. His house is what is in the way. As it stands I am 225-228ft away. GRRR!! Any infor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

CTPYRO
03-25-2016, 04:02 PM
I have to admit I do not have an answer to that question.. but there might be something in the ATF orange book about it

displayfireworks1
03-25-2016, 06:05 PM
I am not sure I understand the full scope of the question, an Employee Possessor has nothing to do with table of distance in relationship to a magazine. Before you consider adding a Employee Possessor onto your license first read this Q & A from 2007 with Gary Bangs (always loved that name) then head of the ATF . I pulled this from his letter to the explosive license holders.
Q6: Would it be possible for the club to make all of its member’s employee possessors? This would allow the members to make and, transport explosives under the club license without each member needing to obtain their own license or permit.
A: The members must be bona fide employees of the organization. Employees are generally on the payroll of the employer, the employer withholds Federal and/or State taxes, the employer withholds Social Security from pay, and the employees generally receive benefits, such as health insurance or worker’s compensation coverage. Only actual employees may be reported as employee possessors and undergo a background check.
Licensees or permittees who report persons as employee possessors knowing that the persons are not bona fide employees would violate 18 U.S.C. 842(a)(2). This provision of law prohibits the making of any false statement intended or likely to deceive for the purpose of obtaining a license or permit.

I have more to say on this but would like other opinions.

Bazerk
03-25-2016, 06:50 PM
The issue is the magazine is on my family's land which is 2 hours away from me. It was suggested that I add my cousin as an EP so that he could do the weekly magazine checks so that I wouldn't have to drive there every week to do it. His house is 225 feet from the magazine and I was hoping that because he was an EP that his house would be exempt from the table of distance allowing me the possibility of exceeding 1000lbs. However, after reading that Q&A it's looking like I was misinformed.

CTPYRO
03-25-2016, 07:37 PM
The ATF isn't going to check your mag every week - at least not that I'm aware of and they only inspect our mags once a year. You just will need to keep your records in line for everything that is coming in and out