PDA

View Full Version : Megabanger 5" pro shells

pitts
03-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Anyone use these?

CTPYRO
03-21-2016, 11:24 AM
I shot some last year - they weren't megabanger but they performed very well. I just can't remember the name but it was the 1st time I'd ever shot them

chriskrc
03-21-2016, 12:37 PM
Big has a 5" American super cans, they call them. I am looking to pick up some this year.

CTPYRO
03-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Big has a 5" American super cans, they call them. I am looking to pick up some this year.

Those are the cans I shot last year and they were really nice for a consumer shell

ilovecrackle
03-21-2016, 12:55 PM
I shot some last year - they weren't megabanger but they performed very well. I just can't remember the name but it was the 1st time I'd ever shot them

Yeah, BIG was the only ones that I'm aware of that had some shells that marketed them as "5" super shells". At least last years anyways.
I saw some shot as well. They were good but as I'v always said, a can shell is a can shell and as many of you know, you are limited up to the 60 grams that can be packed into it.
There are a few exceptions to that rule but i'm not even going there. lol

Bottom line are they good? Yes.
Are they worth paying more for over other quality can shells out there? I don't think so but that is just personal preference.
I had access to them this year and and passed on them because they were higher priced than others.

PyroManiacs
03-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Just a marketing scheme to the unsuspecting consumer, that's all it is.

ilovecrackle
03-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Just a marketing scheme to the unsuspecting consumer, that's all it is.

Exactly.
And according to a few store owners I know that carried these shells, it worked pretty good.
Definitely a genius marketing scheme. A little deceitful in my opinion but genius none the less.

pitts
03-21-2016, 05:56 PM
That is what I thought just wanted to see if anyone tried them, its like the debate still goes on about Excals and if anything matches up to them, there a lot that match and a few that are bettor

PyroManiacs
03-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Excals vary year to year. I have bought them consistently over the years along with other new brands as well.
I have shot a few that were better than the Excals.... but like I said.... that is on a year to year basis.

Westpapyro
03-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Officially Megabanger has Exterminators
Dave's video

http://youtu.be/1qd4R0MnkIQ