PDA

View Full Version : New Racks

PapaBearPyro
03-20-2016, 02:57 PM
I whipped up some new guns with some embellishments. I added some rope handles and for easier storage I eliminated the base feet and went with screw eyes and
stakes. I also made me a 6x6 12 packer and a 3x3 six packer. These are the first 98 tubes to roll out of the Bear cave-a few more. Most of my old racks did not make
my retirement move-now I feel whole again LOL.
PBP

ilovecrackle
03-20-2016, 03:35 PM
Very nice. That's how i make my racks with the screw eyes.
I don't use a lot of shells anymore so most the time, i don't even put the bottom base on them, I just secure them down with a piece of re-bar. Makes them easier to move around and I can place them in any configuration i want in the field.

hatsgoods
03-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Very nice. That's how i make my racks with the screw eyes.
I don't use a lot of shells anymore so most the time, i don't even put the bottom base on them, I just secure them down with a piece of re-bar. Makes them easier to move around and I can place them in any configuration i want in the field.

the company i shoot for does the same thing

PapaBearPyro
03-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Yep, experience is the best teacher. These will be easier to stack in storage, easier to parallel or fan. I still miss my old ones-they gave a lot of pyro love. Now off to the store
for more materials for another load-my nite lites pallets of fun will be ordered on the 28th so there is no time to waste:o
PBP

chriskrc
03-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Those are some nice guns. Loving the handle idea, that never crossed my mind before. Great job.

PapaBearPyro
03-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Thanx:cool:
PBP

PyroJoeNEPA
03-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Nice looking racks. Now you have to get some burn marks on them!!!!!

djsmurf
03-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Looking good PapaBearPyro!

PapaBearPyro
03-22-2016, 05:15 AM
Nice looking racks. Now you have to get some burn marks on them!!!!!
Racks are like iron skillets-the must be "seasoned" properly.
Thanks
PBP

Playingwithfire85
03-22-2016, 06:29 AM
I do have a question based on his rack design. I see the stakes he used and at one time had considered the same but they are only 10" in length. Has anyone ever made a "rule" of sorts that states how deep a rack should be staked?

PapaBearPyro
03-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Depends on the soil you are anchoring in. Back East I would use 18" rebar and drive in almost a foot. Here in South Central Texas I have to contend with Caliche "a.k.a the super glue of dirt"
This stuff is heavy clay, limestone stone etc. mixture that is very dense and sticky. 5 inch penetration in this stuff is more than enough-trust me-I know, I have a hook handle deal to
pull these pups out with just at 5".
PBP