View Full Version : Hello From Ohio

Weinz34
03-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Hello everyone,
Glad I found this forum! Being an that I live in Ohio... I know I have a complicated road ahead of me trying to get my Type 54 and Ohio Exhibitors License. Just ordered the DVD set yesterday and it can't get here soon enough.
I've signed up for shooters school on April 30th and just found out that a local exhibitor I know purchases his fireworks and attends the CE classes at the same wholesaler that I'm signed up with. We are trying to get things set up so that I can become his registered assistant after I attend the school. My questions does anyone know if being a registered assistant will help me with Question 13 and or the contingency storage portion of the Type 54 since theoretically i will be able to utilize the contingency storage the Exhibitor (that I will be registered and assistant under) already has in place.... I may be misinterpreting something, again I am still learning about all this and may have some miss information... Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

chriskrc
03-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the forum.

displayfireworks1
03-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Thank you for purchasing my ATF/DVD application package. I mailed your ATF/DVD package out, when you receive it and watch the DVD, you will have a full understanding of how all of this works. It has nothing to do with if you know how to shoot fireworks or if you have any state of Ohio certifications. It looks like your 96 miles from Manchester Michigan. ACE Pyro is located there. They are one of my advertisers, they will give you a required document you will need. They in turn will want you as a future fireworks customer. You may or may not have misinformation. You need to first watch the DVD when you receive it. you are almost there. The 50 questions you probably have in your head will be answered once you watch the DVD. Not trying to cut you short, just hang on until you get the package. You are almost there.
I should add you are free to go any distributor to finalize you license, if you need it my 1.3 advertiser will also help you.

jknepp1954
03-18-2016, 07:13 PM
Welcome to Pyro Talk -

PYRODAD1236
03-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forum

Npntransistor
03-18-2016, 09:05 PM
Hello from the east end of the state!

ilovecrackle
03-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Welcome to the forums

PapaBearPyro
03-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Welcome aboard

Weinz34
03-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the help and advice. I'll keep u posted as things progress.

Weinz34
03-21-2016, 03:31 PM
Do you need the "official" ATF fingerprint cards that they send out with the packet (I haven't gotten one yet 7-10 business days.) or can I send in the cards used by my local law enforcement facility with the downloadable application form?

Weinz34
03-21-2016, 05:36 PM
Never mind....just got my DVD package... Thanks Dave!

CTPYRO
03-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Do you need the "official" ATF fingerprint cards that they send out with the packet (I haven't gotten one yet 7-10 business days.) or can I send in the cards used by my local law enforcement facility with the downloadable application form?

You need to use the cards the ATF gives you

displayfireworks1
03-21-2016, 05:59 PM
The exact explosive fingerprint card is included in the ATF package for sale on my website. It contains two instructional DVD's the complete application and one official ATF explosive fingerprint card.

djsmurf
03-21-2016, 11:52 PM
Weinz34 welcome fellow Ohio pyro! Your not all that far from me, shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Ottawa County Sheriff's Office will do ink prints at no charge for you. Not sure about someone more local in the Findlay area.

Fire Art
03-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forums!

If you need contingency from ACE Pyro, I can help you get that set up just email or call me. ACE is having their Demo on 4/23, you should make it if you can.

Use the ATF fingerprint cards. Here is a link to order them if you haven't used it yet.

http://www.atf.gov/content/distribution-center-order-form

Weinz34
03-24-2016, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! I did get set up with ACE (Thanks for that!!!) I will try and make it to the demo thanks for the heads up. I sent my application in yesterday. So i guess its time to sit back & wait...

displayfireworks1
03-25-2016, 06:16 PM
At Fire Art "Al", thanks for your help on this.

At Weinz34 , You got moving on this in less than 7 days, that is great. Thanks for updating us and please tells us when you receive the license so we can congratulate you. Who knows you may have that license in time for the ACE Demo. Although even if your ATF license is pending I'm sure you are still welcome to attend their demo.
OK who is next
http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

ilovecrackle
03-25-2016, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! I did get set up with ACE (Thanks for that!!!) I will try and make it to the demo thanks for the heads up. I sent my application in yesterday. So i guess its time to sit back & wait...

Ace is good people to deal with and you will love their demo.

djsmurf
03-25-2016, 10:22 PM
ilovecrackle are you going to their demo this year?

ilovecrackle
03-25-2016, 10:43 PM
ilovecrackle are you going to their demo this year?

Maybe. Is it April 23rd? I am going to try but it depends. I am not sure if i am working that night or not. I will have to check. I am also shooting a demo myself the week after that so it just depends on how much I have going on that weekend.

Fire Art
04-01-2016, 08:48 AM
I am hoping to make the ACE demo too. Anyone going please look me up I would love to meet you.

Weinz34
04-18-2016, 04:29 PM
Just got the call... My interview is on Wednesday.

displayfireworks1
04-18-2016, 07:02 PM
At Weinz34
You doing great so far, go back and review your first post on this thread. You predicted you were going to have a rough road ahead of you and here we are 30 days past the day you posted that comment and your ATF interview is Wednesday. Remember from the video, the interview is more of an educational event of your responsibilities. There is no quiz, just listen and learn. Did Ace Pyro /Fire Art "Al" help you with the contingency?

Weinz34
04-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Yes they were more than helpful with the contingency storage letter. (Thanks Ace Pyro!) Which the ATF investigator asked about on the phone. Along with a few other "feeler" questions. You videos have made me feel way more comfortable about this whole process. I'll keep u posted on how the interview goes. Thanks for all your help so far!

djsmurf
04-19-2016, 12:46 AM
Good luck with the interview, who is your agent? (Pm me if you do not want to post your local so might be the same one I had.

Weinz34
04-19-2016, 09:18 AM
She is out of the Cleveland Office.

Weinz34
04-20-2016, 12:20 PM
Interview went well. Investigators were both very professional and informative. (Not in any way at all intimidating.) They were glad to see that I had done my research and was prepared and organized for the interview process. My short term and long term plans to utilize my license were right in line with the laws here in Ohio. They said they saw no reason to not proceed with the issuance of the license. They said in about 2-3 weeks i should see it in the mail and be all set to move forward. (Even told me to call them in case i had not seen it by then...) Thanks to everyone for their help so far!!!

displayfireworks1
04-20-2016, 08:07 PM
If only the Inspectors out of the Cincinnati Ohio office were this nice. LOL My initial though is, it is unusual to send two Inspectors to a new contingency applicant interview with no magazine involved. Maybe the second person was in training. Thanks for sharing the experience. I have been fighting an unfounded myth that Ohio was a location that was not granting ATF license because of the state moratorium on new explosive magazines. Granted, the state of Ohio may be able to regulate explosive storage to some degree, however they can not stop the Federally regulated User of Explosive license procedure. I keep telling people the Type 54 User of Display Fireworks license/permit is not contingent upon anything the state of residence has in place. The ATF User of Display Fireworks or any other explosive license is the same procedure irrespective of what state or territory of United States you reside. Its been that way since 2003 and continues to be that way. The ATF User of Display Fireworks license is the same in Pennsylvania as it is New York State and even Puerto Rico. When I help fireworks enthusiast in states such as Ohio and New York get licensed, it pleases me to be part of that

Weinz34
04-20-2016, 09:06 PM
I wondered about them sending 2 as well... I will say they were very clear about Ohio requiring an Exhibitors Liscense or working as an Exhibitors assistant in order for me to shoot in Ohio. But in the same breath reassured me that this was a Federal Liscense that allowed me to purchase Fireworks anywhere in the USA. Their main concern is strictly purchasing and storage of fireworks. In my case that i cannot store fireworks. And that a permitee just needs to follow any local regulations on shooting Fireworks. They both wished me the best in pursuing my Exhibitors Liscense in Ohio and said they would love to see me do a show in Ohio when the time comes!!! They also said they would do their best to move things along so I could get my license before all the open shoots were over. (They knew almost all the dates...)It's almost like they enjoy Fireworks too!!! In fact they actually said that...

djsmurf
04-21-2016, 12:45 AM
I have a feeling you had the same agents I had, the visit sounds very similar. Took about 2 weeks for me to get my first set of paperwork, it was followed about 2 weeks later with more. Congrats on the meeting going well.

Weinz34
05-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Just a quick heads up and a HUGE thanks to everyone who has helped me with this process... I received my ATF Type 54 Users License in the mail today. ( I'm only slightly disappointed...the envelope wasn't blue....lol) Seriously though thanks everyone!!! On a side note I was able to register with the State of Ohio as an Exhibitors Assistant as well. Can't wait to help out on my first "BIG" show this year!!!

djsmurf
05-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Congrats and welcome to the 1.3g club, wonder if we will end up shooting together sometime this year.

Weinz34
05-20-2016, 07:47 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty excited but at the same time wish the good old Buckeye state was more Pyro friendly. You never know (about shooting together) I'm still debating on joining the NEOPG, just not sure how active I could be in the club right now...