PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Shipping

CincyPyro
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Second question from the newbie :D

Looking into buying wholesale this year but I don't understand why some won't ship to Ohio and others don't reference OH as a state they can't ship to.....is there a simple answer, like can't ship into Ohio...period end of story or is dependent on the carrier being used?

Just looking for some clarification. Thanks!

ilovecrackle
03-15-2016, 06:39 PM
I believe it may have something to do with Ohio being a very unfriendly fireworks state. Pretty much everything i Illegal there except fountains, sparklers, etc. I may be wrong on that but i know they are very strict when it comes to fireworks.
When i purchase fireworks in Ohio, I have to sign a paper saying I will be taking them out of state within 48 hours.

djsmurf
03-15-2016, 07:11 PM
They did take away the "liar's law" and the paper you had to sign. However you still cannot keep our use 1.4 product in state. Here is a link that will help. https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-521.aspx

jknepp1954
03-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Not only all that but adealer. Has to have a license to do biz in Ohio.

Fire Art
03-16-2016, 08:13 AM
You need a special license to ship into Ohio and it is not cheap or easy to obtain. Its been over a year since we first submitted ours, paid for last year but didn't get approved. Paperwork submitted for this year and pending. Fire Art should be able to deliver or ship to Ohio in the next month or so.

Wholesale Fireworks
03-17-2016, 11:34 AM
I hope this helps and doesn't add to the confusion....According to The Ohio Revised Code (ORC) section 3743.40 anyone wanting to ship fireworks in Ohio or into Ohio must be licensed in the state of Ohio to transport or ship in the state of Ohio. Those who have that license can only ship to those holding a license issued by the state of Ohio for 1,4g Retail or wholesale sales or 1.3g sales. The license holder CANNOT legally ship to a consumer. So if you do not have a fireworks license in Ohio no one can legally ship 1.4 or 1.3 to you or your business.
So basically if you are a 1.4g consumer, you cannot have fireworks shipped to you in the state of Ohio.

CincyPyro
03-17-2016, 12:52 PM
Guys-- thanks for the responses....your explanations make sense and clears up the ambiguity for me.

Very helpful.

PGH_Pyro
03-21-2016, 06:22 PM
i dont think fountains are even legal in Ohio ? just piddly small novelty stuff and smoke items ?

djsmurf
03-21-2016, 11:23 PM
PGH_Pyro they say to only legal items are ""trick and novelty," which smoke, pop, and/or sparkle." Yes fountains are even considered illegal.

ilovecrackle
03-22-2016, 12:20 AM
PGH_Pyro they say to only legal items are ""trick and novelty," which smoke, pop, and/or sparkle." Yes fountains are even considered illegal.

Don't you have to pull a permit to be able to fart legally in Ohio. :D

PapaBearPyro
03-22-2016, 05:10 AM
Don't you have to pull a permit to be able to fart legally in Ohio. :D
If it is an SBD no-since this is considered a "trick". Any other form of flatulence-especially those with "effects" are strictly regulated and the penalties are severe LOL :rolleyes:
PBP

Wholesale Fireworks
03-22-2016, 10:08 AM
The only items legal in Ohio are Novelty items
Snaps
Snakes
Sparklers
smoke
Party poppers
Gun pops

That's it folks

Npntransistor
03-22-2016, 01:52 PM
I know of a city ordnance near me that bans sparklers,,,, ah the buckeye state.......

ilovecrackle
03-22-2016, 03:48 PM
If it is an SBD no-since this is considered a "trick". Any other form of flatulence-especially those with "effects" are strictly regulated and the penalties are severe LOL :rolleyes:
PBP

Fantastic response! LOL :D

djsmurf
03-22-2016, 04:11 PM
PBP

Perfect, LMAO.

PGH_Pyro
03-23-2016, 01:33 PM
my lady-friend lives in Ohio ... seeing as how i'll be spending time over there i guess i'll plan on a mammoth smoke-only 4th show, lmfao .

PapaBearPyro
03-23-2016, 03:47 PM
LOL I have my moments :cool:
PBP

CincyPyro
04-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Well, full disclosure.....I live in OH and whether they are getting it from Phantom down the road in Ohio (BTW), down in KY or over in Indiana --- July 3rd and 4th around my house is like any other where it is legal....no questions asked.

Weinz34
04-15-2016, 02:08 PM
Wholesale Fireworks is spot on...

Ohio Fireworks Redbook: http://www.com.ohio.gov/documents/fire_fireworksredbook.pdf (If you need something to fall asleep reading....)

Ohio License/Permit Holder Lookup: https://www.comapps.ohio.gov/sfm/fire_apps/fmtr/LicenseLookup/