PDA

View Full Version : ATF Meeting

djsmurf
03-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Had my meeting with the ATF investigators today. I think it went well they were very professional, and helpful with questions I had. Now it's time to wait again. Wanted to say thanks to anyone who has answered questions or helped out so far with the process.

CTPYRO
03-15-2016, 01:49 PM
See that your are in Ohio... there was an interesting discussion on here about being able to discharge 1.3 in Ohio.. congrats thus far though

djsmurf
03-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Yes it was an interesting discussion. Still moving forward on both the BATF 54 and Ohio Licensed Fireworks Exhibitor permits.

PYRODAD1236
03-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Congrats....I Just had my ATF meeting last week....I know it's coming...however the waiting sucks...lol

CTPYRO
03-15-2016, 05:14 PM
Yes it was an interesting discussion. Still moving forward on both the BATF 54 and Ohio Licensed Fireworks Exhibitor permits.

It's good to have the Cert of compentency in your state. My inspector was aware that I shoot for a display company and asked if I was going for my CT Cert which I was. Easy test though.... just about safety.. distances.. ect

ilovecrackle
03-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear it seemed to go well for you! You will get it! Like pyrodad stated, now comes the hard part.... waiting.

displayfireworks1
03-15-2016, 07:50 PM
If it went that smooth they must have not came out the Cincinnati Ohio office. If you feel comfortable discussing, did they broach the subject of Ohio State Certification or Exhibitors License.

djsmurf
03-15-2016, 10:14 PM
Dave, They were out of the Cleveland office. They did touch on the subject of the Ohio State Certification, nothing over the top. I explained I was currently working on obtaining my Ohio certification. I have Family in PA as well, so always an option to shoot there until I receive my Ohio exhibitors license. Their only request was, if I planned to also shoot in PA I needed to have contingent storage closer to them. I have already reached out to Kellner's for that.

Thanks for the positive vibe, ilovecrackle, CTPYRO, and PYRODAD1236

displayfireworks1
03-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Thanks for those details, be sure to tell us when you receive the license. Kellner has the contingency posted on their website. I wish all the distributors would do that. All you need to do is print it.
http://kellfire.com/pdf/2016_displayfireworks_orderinginfo.pdf

djsmurf
03-15-2016, 10:48 PM
No problem Dave, I'll keep everyone updated. Is the letter posted on Kellner's website sufficient for the ATF?

displayfireworks1
03-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes it is good enough, of course Kellner is going to want you to purchase 1.3 fireworks from them. Remember once you obtain the license you can purchase 1.3 fireworks anywhere in United States from properly licensed distributor or even another license holder. Sometimes fireworks distributors in states where is the PGI is located will send out messages to buy 1.3 fireworks from them and they will deliver to the convention to have them ready when you get there.
There are hundreds of opinions of what you should do and not do if and when that occurs. Some people assign responsibilities to it that are really not listed anywhere. Remember if you are licensed you can purchase anywhere in the United States and its territories and it will be a legal purchase. The Type 54 knows no state boundaries. The ATF Limited license does, but not the 54.
When 1.3 fireworks distributors advertise with me, i suggest they post the contingency on their website. Some want a more personal note before they give it and probably want your contact information. You technically could use that Kellner document and get your ATF license and Kellner Fireworks may not even know about it or who you are. Providing of course all the other requirements are met.