PDA

View Full Version : First sounds

chriskrc
03-14-2016, 03:37 PM
So I know many of the members shoot more than I do but it was great to hear the first sounds of fireworks Saturday night. My neighbor and I were outside having a nice little bonfire enjoying a few beer's when in a short distance away came the sound of a mortar being fired. With the way the weather has been here in upstate NY is was great to hear something so early.

PapaBearPyro
03-14-2016, 04:15 PM
That was me down here in Texas-Everything is BIGGER down here.:rolleyes:
PBP

PyroManiacs
03-16-2016, 07:59 PM
I live in a city of 1.5mil... its year-round, lol.

Westpapyro
03-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Ya know I try hard not to be a jerk neighbor but when one of them starts burning garbage or leaves. I hate smelling that crap, especially when just trying to be lazy in my pool. I'll lite something as a little revenge once in a while.
Signed Jerk neighbor after all.

Npntransistor
03-18-2016, 08:46 PM
I was just outside to test my firing system with some nice quiet commits. Then off in the distance I heard festivities of a pyrotechnic nature. That didn't help me at all LOL.

ilovecrackle
03-19-2016, 01:41 AM
When ever I hear something pop off in the distance, I always think of that scene from that movie "the mask" when he falls off the building into the street and that car is stopped blowing the horn at him and the mask says "I think someone wants to communicate" and pulls out that giant horn. lol
I then have to go inside and get something to "answer" them with. :)

chriskrc
03-19-2016, 10:02 AM
When ever I hear something pop off in the distance, I always think of that scene from that movie "the mask" when he falls off the building into the street and that car is stopped blowing the horn at him and the mask says "I think someone wants to communicate" and pulls out that giant horn. lol

I know the feeling. It almost feels like I'm being a little rude if I don't answer, but sometimes I am not able to answer. Well it's still nice to hear.

RalphieJ
03-19-2016, 02:41 PM

Had a neighbor several houses away that when either of us fired something we would answer each other. It might start out with a bottle rocket, get answered with same, then a M-88 or two, then a string of 16 crackers, replied with a string of 50, then a salute rocket, answered with a 3-shot M-80 aerial salute that he made, that would be answered with a 10-shot flashing thunder candle (I had the great opportunity to buy a case back then when they were class B) he would follow with a blockbuster or something equally destructive, then a two-inch class B aerial salute by me........but my dear friend always topped off the rapidly escalating war with his 3-inch black powder cannon that he overloaded. The smoke cloud was hilariously enormous. This was well before 9-11, we had far fewer neighbors back then, and only occasionally the cops would make a drive-by. He was some character, one of only two men in the US at that time who was capable of machining and installing rifled sleeves for BP cannons. Needless to say that cannons being towed past my house was quite common. He passed about 10 years ago, but before he did he gave me six 3" color shells with bottom salutes, which were fired on the night of his burial. But now, the neighborhood has turned over, only a few of us originals left, and new homes built where there once was woods and fields, and, they don't think like us. They even complain about the minor league BB team's fireworks every home game on Friday's and Saturday's. Sure do miss him and those fun times.

chriskrc
03-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Had a neighbor several houses away that when either of us fired something we would answer each other. It might start out with a bottle rocket, get answered with same, then a M-88 or two, then a string of 16 crackers, replied with a string of 50, then a salute rocket, answered with a 3-shot M-80 aerial salute that he made, that would be answered with a 10-shot flashing thunder candle (I had the great opportunity to buy a case back then when they were class B) he would follow with a blockbuster or something equally destructive, then a two-inch class B aerial salute by me........but my dear friend always topped off the rapidly escalating war with his 3-inch black powder cannon that he overloaded. The smoke cloud was hilariously enormous. This was well before 9-11, we had far fewer neighbors back then, and only occasionally the cops would make a drive-by. He was some character, one of only two men in the US at that time who was capable of machining and installing rifled sleeves for BP cannons. Needless to say that cannons being towed past my house was quite common. He passed about 10 years ago, but before he did he gave me six 3" color shells with bottom salutes, which were fired on the night of his burial. But now, the neighborhood has turned over, only a few of us originals left, and new homes built where there once was woods and fields, and, they don't think like us. They even complain about the minor league BB team's fireworks every home game on Friday's and Saturday's. Sure do miss him and those fun times.

I know exactly what you mean. I would love to get back to that same type of situation, it makes life with friends and neighbors fun.

HuskerNation
03-25-2016, 10:20 PM
There's a guy in my neighborhood who from time to time would "call me out" with alittle noise starting in March. LOL Anytime he would set something off the kids in the house would jump and run to me...He's calling you out again!!!!! I never met the guy. But we used to exchange rounds in the air from time to time. Then the last couple of years....nothing. I miss it.