PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Fireworks Permits

displayfireworks1
03-13-2016, 06:25 PM
This is a fun video I found , it looks like it is mostly a gun shooting video channel. Watch how enthusiastically they explain the fireworks permit process in Pennsylvania. For those that do not know Pennsylvania is a ground based fountain state. He makes it sound so easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mXuN27VvkY
I always fantasized about getting a Pennsylvania Fireworks permit and faxing it to every fireworks store in Pennsylvania and telling people all over Pennsylvania to run down and buy fireworks on that permit. LOL

PyroManiacs
03-13-2016, 06:32 PM
What did I just watch?

jknepp1954
03-13-2016, 08:38 PM
What did I just watch?

thinking the same thing

displayfireworks1
03-13-2016, 08:50 PM
These people are from Pennsylvania, I think they feel they discovered something. I posted it for entertainment purposes. If Pennsylvania Consumer Fireworks distributors waited for people in Pennsylvania to get this form completed and buy fireworks they would be out of business. The real customer for Pennsylvania distributors is the out of state customer. That's why they build these stores close to the border of the neighboring state. Funny thing, if Pennsylvania does go full legal on Consumer Fireworks, I bet all the newly build stores will not be close to the border any longer.

chriskrc
03-14-2016, 11:49 AM
These people are from Pennsylvania, I think they feel they discovered something. I posted it for entertainment purposes. If Pennsylvania Consumer Fireworks distributors waited for people in Pennsylvania to get this form completed and buy fireworks they would be out of business. The real customer for Pennsylvania distributors is the out of state customer. That's why they build these stores close to the border of the neighboring state. Funny thing, if Pennsylvania does go full legal on Consumer Fireworks, I bet all the newly build stores will not be close to the border any longer.

I hope this does work out for you in Pennsylvania. On that note I also hope stores do stay a little closer to the border.

chriskrc
03-14-2016, 03:53 PM
So I just actually watched the video, and even though I'm not a Pennsylvania resident, from a lot of what I've read from many of you who are ,it makes me wonder if these people have a clue. I thought some people have posted that not all Pennsylvania townships allow this? Can anyone clarify this?

jknepp1954
03-15-2016, 11:15 AM
So I just actually watched the video, and even though I'm not a Pennsylvania resident, from a lot of what I've read from many of you who are ,it makes me wonder if these people have a clue. I thought some people have posted that not all Pennsylvania townships allow this? Can anyone clarify this?

you are right in your first thought - the folks who made the vid DONT HAVE A CLUE! :rolleyes:

chriskrc
03-15-2016, 03:10 PM
you are right in your first thought - the folks who made the vid DONT HAVE A CLUE! :rolleyes:

If it was as easy as they make it sound then I don't think there would be such a push for Pennsylvania to be full 1.4. Hey Dave these are a few people who really need to watch your videos.

displayfireworks1
03-15-2016, 07:52 PM
I sent him an email and told him I'll help him show him how to shoot fireworks instead off all those guns he is shooting. LOL

Rocketshooter
03-16-2016, 10:34 PM
The best part of the video is having the form filled out from Jan-Dec so you can shoot year round!!! LOL!!

I do remember from the PA Senate hearing video that the guy from Keystone Fireworks used this form as a reason not to legalize as it was easy enough to get this form filled out and shoot away.

Getting a permit to shoot is just not that simple.

Westpapyro
03-16-2016, 10:46 PM
The best part of the video is having the form filled out from Jan-Dec so you can shoot year round!!! LOL!!

I do remember from the PA Senate hearing video that the guy from Keystone Fireworks used this form as a reason not to legalize as it was easy enough to get this form filled out and shoot away.

Getting a permit to shoot is just not that simple.

Well said, you coming to Kellners?

Rocketshooter
03-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Well said, you coming to Kellners?

I'll be there for the open shoot Chuck.

Westpapyro
03-18-2016, 08:24 PM
I'll be there for the open shoot Chuck.

Can't wait to catch up its been a while. Can't stay to long leaving for MAFF at first light!

HuskerNation
03-25-2016, 08:22 PM
I am lucky that I live in a township that does allow responsible people to obtain a permit. We are fairly rural where I live. I've never had a problem, but I'm sure there are very strict townships out there.

Eazyduzit
06-04-2016, 04:41 PM
I dont understand the laws then because this is the exact form i used to buy fireworks in pa.
I had the fire chief in my township sign it and it was all good... Susquehanna county.

PyroManiacs
06-05-2016, 10:52 PM
I dont understand the laws then because this is the exact form i used to buy fireworks in pa.
I had the fire chief in my township sign it and it was all good... Susquehanna county.

Sounds like some "good ol' boy" stuff going on around there then.