PDA

View Full Version : There are three new fireworks seasons in Texas, starting in 2016:

PapaBearPyro
03-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Texas has expanded its selling Seasons from 2 to 5 starting this year. You can pop em off when ever and where ever (except certain towns, cities etc.) but stores/stands
are limited to when they can be open for business. So kudos-the new seasons are as follows:
(1) Texas Independence Day – February 25th to March 2nd

(2) San Jacinto Day – April 16th to April 25th

(3) Memorial Day – May 25th to May 30th
Apparently my bid to add National French Toast Day has failed:rolleyes:
PBP

ilovecrackle
03-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Nice, glad you hear that.
And I can't believe your bid for national french toast day was shot down. :( :cool: :p

PapaBearPyro
03-11-2016, 09:06 PM
LOL, Well time to start a grass roots campaign for National Doughnut Day I guess, After all who doesn't like a little "crackle" while eating some sprinkle :cool:

ilovecrackle
03-11-2016, 09:52 PM
LOL, Well time to start a grass roots campaign for National Doughnut Day I guess, After all who doesn't like a little "crackle" while eating some sprinkle :cool:

Now that's a campaign I can get behind! :p

misfmr
03-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Texas has expanded its selling Seasons from 2 to 5 starting this year. You can pop em off when ever and where ever (except certain towns, cities etc.) but stores/stands
are limited to when they can be open for business. So kudos-the new seasons are as follows:
(1) Texas Independence Day – February 25th to March 2nd

(2) San Jacinto Day – April 16th to April 25th

(3) Memorial Day – May 25th to May 30th
Apparently my bid to add National French Toast Day has failed:rolleyes:
PBP

The skinny is:

New Texas Fireworks Laws for 2016

State lawmakers decided there needs to be more room in the calendar for Texas fireworks.

New for 2016, state residents can use fireworks on Texas Independence Day (March 2), San Jacinto Day (April 21) and Memorial Day (May 30), in addition to New Year’s Day and July 4.

The Fine Print About the New Texas Fireworks Laws

The expansion of the fireworks calendar comes with a few caveats, though:

Each county will decide before each holiday if, based on drought conditions, it’s safe for citizens to use fireworks.
If holidays are banned because of fire danger, fireworks use is prohibited but fireworks sales are not.
The law doesn’t affect cities that have year-round fireworks bans.

posted on: http://www.superiorfireworks.com/blog/2016/02/new-texas-fireworks-laws-for-2016/

Frank Rodriguez
misfmr

PapaBearPyro
03-28-2016, 08:56 PM
The caveats have always been there or course.
"New for 2016, state residents can use fireworks on Texas Independence Day (March 2), San Jacinto Day (April 21) and Memorial Day (May 30), in addition to New Year’s Day and July 4."
This part is incorrect as use should say buy or purchase. In Texas you can use fireworks providing none of the caveats are in force, prohibited areas etc.

"In the state of Texas, you can shoot fireworks 365 days a year. However the sale of fireworks is limited to the dates listed above. As quality of retail fireworks improves, more and more people are using retail fireworks to put on their own displays for all sorts of occasions in addition to the holidays with which we usually associate firework displays. Birthdays, weddings, graduations, cook-outs, camping trips...you name it." (Nelsons Fireworks FAQ)
PBP

ras1986
03-29-2016, 08:27 AM
I have heard rumors about this from some firework stand owners. Now that it is true it makes me smile!

Casiasr6
04-17-2016, 12:17 PM
It's true and I love it! Picked up some fireworks in Aransas pass yesterday.

PapaBearPyro
04-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Way to go-you are just South of me-I'll be looking off my back porch tonight-if I see someone scorch off a couple I'll know its you LOL :cool:PBP