PDA

View Full Version : Job Box question

firemedic426
03-02-2016, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know what minimum size job box is required for an indoor magazine? I don't plan on having much left over after shooting but want to make sure I can get my license. My plan is to pick it up and shoot it all the same day.
Thanks for any and all information.

displayfireworks1
03-02-2016, 12:09 PM
I know this is random, how close do you live to Cincinnati Ohio?

JoeR
03-05-2016, 10:44 PM
real close lol

firemedic426
03-07-2016, 11:12 PM
About 5 hours away. I live in northeast Indiana.

Northern Sky
03-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know what minimum size job box is required for an indoor magazine? I don't plan on having much left over after shooting but want to make sure I can get my license. My plan is to pick it up and shoot it all the same day.
Thanks for any and all information.

Funny you bring this up:

Quote Originally Posted by Bazerk View Post
Doesnt make sense to me to build a shed just to put another storage container in it.

My reply:
Indoor magazines are more easily approved mainly for security. Dave asked if your magazine was accessible to vehicles? Your response was surveillance, distance and concealment justified. What he was leading to is, a perspective thief can damage your magazine with a vehicle to gain entry. Nobody ever said all thieves are rocket surgeons.

The advantage of an indoor magazine is that the building itself acts as its own security. Most indoor magazines are job-boxes and gun safes. Capacity is obviously limited so, good luck selling the ATF agent on the idea that the 20+ cases of 1.3G product was stored in there from your purchase June 15 until July 4th. How about the rain-out that was shot the following weekend?