PDA

View Full Version : ATF Points to Ponder #4 (Selling 1.3 Fireworks)

displayfireworks1
02-28-2016, 02:43 PM
This was discussed at my last license renewal. Not sure of the exact form that would be needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Cun1m3vnY

jknepp1954
02-29-2016, 08:57 AM
I am no longer in the 1.3 loop - BUT - things must have changed in the past 11 yrs - as i was wrote up on doing just that...hmmmmm.....
Actually - it was a type 54 who sold product to me (a dealer). We did the paperwork to make it happen, but at inspection - ATF was all over me!

displayfireworks1
02-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Joyce I am curious was that event close to 2003 ? It sound close. I know when the ATF took all of this over in 2003 and in the next 6 or so years that followed I do not think they were ready for all what the rules were. They gave me false information about the Employee Possessor application. I still get reports of false information being given out by the ATF to new applicants. Not in Pennsylvania but in states with less than 30 license holders. I would suggest you call the local ATF and get information about it. I know you have the proper magazines. I willing to bet you could make some sales to other 54 holders. The question is how many sales are appropriate and what number do you hit before it looks like you are trying to circumvent the real license. If you call be sure you get someone that is knowledgeable. But if you want the real answer I would suggest to write. Feel free to include in the letter there are reports of Inspectors discussing this with 54 license holders during the renewal process. Please get back to use when you receive the answer. I will be happy to help you once you receive an official answer.

jknepp1954
02-29-2016, 02:44 PM
I am seriously wondering if this is just ANOTHER one of ATF agent quirky - "one inspector tells you one thing and someone else tells you the complete opposite. "
But that is just my 2 cents...lol
BTW - that was in 2005

displayfireworks1
02-29-2016, 11:20 PM
They recently started telling 54 holders this over the last few years. I heard this from at least two other 54 holders. One is a forums member. Maybe they will eventually read this post and comment.

djsmurf
03-01-2016, 02:32 AM
Interesting, Still good to know it is an option.

Westpapyro
03-01-2016, 10:43 AM
This would be determined by which type 54 you have. See question 12 on application. If you picked dealer and spent $200 then yes sell all you want? That question says see definitions 5 through 9.
Here is definition #5
5. A User Permit. A User Permit authorizes the holder, on a continuing basis, to acquire for his own use and not for resale, explosive materials from an explosives licensee in interstate or foreign commerce, and to transport explosive materials so acquired in interstate or foreign commerce. A User Permit is issued for 3 years and is renewable.

So the way I read that is my user permit does not allow for resale?
To me if you have the $200 license ( manufacturing, importer, or dealer) then you can resell items.
Chuck

displayfireworks1
03-01-2016, 10:13 PM
If you are a Type 54 User of Display Fireworks and you purchased more fireworks than you can use. You can sell them to another Type 54 User of Display Fireworks. You must do the proper paper transaction. See arn't you glad I bring up these Points To Ponder. LOL
Any more pros and cons about the issue.