PDA

View Full Version : ATF Fireworks License.

displayfireworks1
02-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Here is a free PowerPoint presentation from the internet I turned into a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Jv8-eChfM
Here is a first. A PowerPoint Orange Book presentation I created. Play it on your Smart TV, each slide is 10 seconds long. Please feel free to share this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR0iVDL3aE8
Are you looking at all this ATF fireworks license stuff and are still confused about obtaining the license? You are not alone. If you want to advance further into the fireworks hobby you are going to need some form of an ATF license. Consider purchasing my ATF/DVD application package, my videos and application package have inspired many enthusiast to advance into pyrotechnics.

Purchase my ATF/DVD on pyrotalk here.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

CTPYRO
02-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Just to add on to what was said above this is also important information for those looking to obtain the 54 permit -

That license is basically a background check issued by the federal government that says you have been vetted to purchase and safely store 1.3 G fireworks. Period.

It is not a license nor a permit to shoot, it is not a certificate of knowledge or competency in the safe use of 1.3 G fireworks, it does not give you carte blanche permission to shoot professional fireworks wherever and whenever you like.

ilovecrackle
03-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Thank you so much for posting this displayfireworks1. I have been contemplating for a while now about perusing my ATF54 and was thinking about purchasing your DVD package but after watching the free power point presentation you posted, there is no need for it. Everything was very easy to follow and understand. Thanks again! This is great information and you've got me pointed in the right direction!:D

displayfireworks1
03-01-2016, 10:02 PM
At ilovecrackle
Your such an amateur with your comment. I am going to tell you and anyone else in your group, you are not going to stop me from getting fireworks enthusiast ATF licensed. You get a 7 day vacation from pyrotalk. Go to Amsterdam for a week they would love to have you. At the end of 7 days if you come back you must change "Cracker-ville" to the state of your location. I can see your ip location, I'll leave it up to you. I have been through something like this before with you.
I should type , date and scan what I predict will happen at the end of 7 days to make it believable. But I'll just wait.

djsmurf
03-02-2016, 03:03 AM
Good points made by CTPRYO, being from Ohio I need to focus on the fact that it's not a shooting permit it's a permit to purchase. Joining my local pyroclub neopg should help with the shooting permit part. Dave, I'm not sure where ilovecrackel was going with his post. I can say I referenced your dvd many times when filling out my 54 application, it was a great resource.

displayfireworks1
03-02-2016, 11:06 AM
I wish all the local fireworks clubs would absorb all these newly licensed people around the country I help get licensed. Unfortunately, I get reports back of rude behavior to new member prospects. I also get reports back of new people added to fireworks crews and rude behavior towards them. It may sound strange but it’s like they are mad at these people because they may already know something from watching my videos or there have their own ATF license. If you have a positive experience with a fireworks club please tell us. I may do a video about this on my YouTube channel and request my subscribers comment both positive and negative about a fireworks club experience. I think it will be interesting to see the results. You would think a fireworks club would be glad to accept someone that has an ATF license because they are already background cleared so to speak. We can all see the results when I post the video.
A memory comes to mind as I write this. At a PGI event once, I had a president of well know fireworks club approach me, he looked pleased to meet me. We talked and shared some great conversation. I ask if he was still president of the club and he responded, no. It was strange for me because my interpretation was, it was like he was now allowed to talk to me because he was no longer in office

CTPYRO
03-03-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm kind of of surprised to hear that you have gotten negative feedback as listed above. In the NHPA there are only a few who have their own 54, but the club itself has it's own ATF license for members who want to purchase their own 1.3 for club shoots. There are also a number of us who work for display companies within the club as well and we all share our passion for this hobby as professional shooters

displayfireworks1
03-03-2016, 10:25 PM
I see there are only 22 ATF Fireworks license holders in the state of New Hampshire,out of that 22 it looks like less than 5 are privately held. Most of the license belong to fireworks companies. I did not a license listed under the club name? Is the club sponsored through a 1.3 distributor? Would the New Hampshire club allow a privately held ATF license holder to bring his own 1.3 fireworks purchased outside of the club?

djsmurf
03-03-2016, 10:50 PM
It is a shame to hear that local clubs would rude to new members, not a great way to drive membership. I am happy to say I have nothing but good things to say about neopg so far. Hope to be able to attend a meeting next week.

Northern Sky
03-04-2016, 02:49 AM
Thank you so much for posting this displayfireworks1. I have been contemplating . . . . . Thanks again! This is great information and you've got me pointed in the right direction!:D

Am I the only one that finds it strange that a "forum member" gets sent to "Amsterdam" after complimenting the forum host for a post saying that he feels that "you" pointed him in the right direction. Maybe some in appropriate posts were deleted and I missed them. As far as not posting where the "member" is from what difference does that make? What am I missing here again. . . .? Maybe he/she doesn't know how to post in the signature lines and loves crackle and wants to shout it from the highest mountain peak.

As far as I can tell it doesn't mater what Planet/Continent/Country or State we live in for that matter. What's the difference if someone posts Alaska, Rhode Island, Nowheresville Tennessee. Maybe Crackle-ville is a town somewhere I haven't had the pleasure of visiting where there is a secret formula for amazing Crackle products. Who the heck cares? Does that diminish their value to the site or the value of the site to the "member"? Again, I must have missed something.
In the words of a "great" politician, "What difference does it make."

I wish all the local fireworks clubs

In response to acceptance to a "Pyro Club": That is a pretty generic term. Let's start with the word "Club". Hello, it is a "CLUB". Discussion could end there.

What would happen if I tossed my golf clubs in my truck, drove to Oakmont Country Club, grabbed the clubs and walked up to the first tee then said to the starter, "I watched a bunch video about golf and here I am ready to golf"?

Hey, News Flash, it's their club! Just because a am there, they are under no obligation to welcome me, an unsolicited newcomer. It isn't a public playground.

Every "Club" is different. If I have an interest in them, I'd contact the club and see what they are about. After some research I may find that they are not a good fit me. Now, does that give me cause to go on Facebook or another public forum and bash them. Again, it is "their club". I have no rights there.

Not to single any particular club out but, there are some a long time pyro club out there with many members that are more of a family than a club. Just like I can't knock on somebody's door and be expected to be included in their event just because it's Thanksgiving and well, here I am with my tool box, I mean knife and fork; I wouldn't show up expecting to be welcomed with open arms.

Let's face it, they don't know me from the Oklahoma Bomber. But hey I say, I'm a good guy, just ask me, I'll tell ya. Would the Oklahoma Bomber say, I'm gonna blow this place up someday?

Come on guys. This is FIREWORKS. . . . EXPLOSIVES.. Nobody in their right mind is going to be over anxious to have somebody around that don't know around EXPLOSIVES.

This is way to long winded all ready and I haven't even touched on insurance and liability. Let's say I'm a neurosurgeon and I blow off a hand or lose and eye. What is liability. I signed nothing but can't pay my student loans and provide for my family. What is stopping me from hiring Edger Schneider and coming after YOU.

It's late.

I'm done.:confused:

CTPYRO
03-04-2016, 11:23 AM
I see there are only 22 ATF Fireworks license holders in the state of New Hampshire,out of that 22 it looks like less than 5 are privately held. Most of the license belong to fireworks companies. I did not a license listed under the club name? Is the club sponsored through a 1.3 distributor? Would the New Hampshire club allow a privately held ATF license holder to bring his own 1.3 fireworks purchased outside of the club?

The club actually holds a type 20 I believe and some of the members shoot for American Thunder which is based out of Wakefield, Mass. We actually have our own Club Mag in N. Kinston, NH so we have the ability to store 1.3 and have it delivered to the shoot site

Northern Sky
03-04-2016, 12:27 PM
The club actually holds a type 20 I believe and some of the members shoot for American Thunder which is based out of Wakefield, Mass. We actually have our own Club Mag in N. Kinston, NH so we have the ability to store 1.3 and have it delivered to the shoot site

Now this sounds IDEAL. Love it.

CTPYRO
03-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Now this sounds IDEAL. Love it.

Yes it's pretty cool to have the Mag. I did an IPI buy last year.. picked it up in NY and drove it to the mag in NH... kind of a long day doing all the driving but it works out nice in the end

displayfireworks1
03-04-2016, 10:58 PM
I see why I do not see the New Hampshire fireworks club Type 20 listed. They obtained it after 2012. You mentioned it in this prior post. I am curious is your club in Rockingham County?
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?2912-ATF-DVD-feedback&highlight=hampshire

CTPYRO
03-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Well maybe its a type 50.. lol.. I cant exactly remember but it's not a 54 though. I'm unsure what county the club itself is located but the members that make up the body of the club.. president.. financials.. ect are in NH. A lot of us are in Mass... CT.. R.I.. Vermont