PDA

View Full Version : Mine and Comet Racks

BallisticFireworks
02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum from Australia, i work for a professional display company, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on adjustable racks and cradles for mines and one shots. Got a new Cobra 18R2 with Finale Fireworks and i am looking to do some sequences and mine runs, need to purchase or manufacture some racks that can be pre-wired and dropped into position for quick turn around sporting events etc.

Cheers in advanced, love this forum and what people have to offer!

displayfireworks1
02-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the pyrotalk forums. We always enjoy having members from all over the world. I always forget that Australia an New Zealand are close so to speak.
http://www.street-directory.com.au/sd_new/images/australia2.gif

How is the Cobra system working for you, do you have an opinion on it. Did you just pick it up? There are a few of these adjustable racks out there. You should convince the company you work to purchase some. Also I am curious how many Cobra Modules do you have?

BallisticFireworks
03-03-2016, 01:33 AM
Hi Dave!

we only just got our Cobra a few weeks back, bought 7 Modules, Music Box and a Controller... but will be expanding this again shortly. Fired some manual cues from it but first scripted show is next weekend. What adjustable racks do you suggest? We currently have some boxes made up to hold up to 4" mines which are great for doing fronts, but im keen to get into the sequenced one shot comet game!

Up until now we have been using another wireless system made by a guy here in Adelaide, SA. Its good for what it is and we have 25+ modules which are 20 shot, but doesn't allow for scripting, so we are expanding into a new realm. We are just a small company with my father and i as the licensed pyros, picking up new shows every month which is exciting. you run a great forum here! Do you use the Cobra gear much, i seem to read a lot of positive reviews about it.

Thanks,
Sean

displayfireworks1
03-03-2016, 10:59 PM
If you go back through my videos you will see me use the Cobra system all the time. It has been a solid reliable system for me. Everyone I introduce to it seems to purchase one. Cobra Fireworks Firing Systems is one of my advertisers on pyrotalk. Part of what I do with my videos and website is introduce these systems to my subscribers. Once I introduce it , it is then up to the company to build their reputation and popularity. Cobra stands strong in this area. You as a new display fireworks company in Australia made a good decision to purchase the system. Not sure how things work in Australia but here in United States a typical new or small display fireworks company will start with purchasing the Cobra. They will use it in addition to hand firing a small display. If and when their company grows, they may or may not get another system.
As far as these adjustable racks, I am in negations with a Chinese distributor that produces all sorts of this fireworks equipment sold around the world. I just have to convince them to sign on to my website and send a few examples for a video. I have to protect and respect the contracts I make with people that advertise with me as far as promoting fireworks brands and equipment.

BallisticFireworks
03-06-2016, 06:32 AM
Yeh awesome, we are using it in conjunction with our old manual system until we expand a bit further, after reading through the forum pages it seems we have made a decent decision, I know a fireone user that stated that he would prefer cobra these days, so this makes me a bit more positive about the purchase. I love the way you run your forum and the fact you respect the guys that advertise here, after all its not free to run and i am sure it takes a hell of a lot of time to keep running, good on you and keep up the good work!