PDA

View Full Version : First year running a firework tent

paulcatucci
02-15-2016, 05:42 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the fireworks business I first started off shooting fireworks as a kid and it has grown to a huge display each year and now I'm buying cases of fireworks to sale. I'm just looking for advice as this is my first year and I'm not exactly sure what to expect I know the first week I'm not going to be doing nearly as much sales as the last week. I'm planning on having $25,000 - $30,000 in retail price of product each product is going to have a 200% markup give or take. I have these baskets I'm getting ready for the $1 table. Any advice is extremely appreciated.888

displayfireworks1
02-15-2016, 07:10 PM
I am curious it sounds like this is your first year doing this. Do you have experience selling fireworks or working for a company that sold fireworks?

Wholesale Fireworks
02-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Paulcatucci my question is the same as Dave's Have you done this before? Give me a call or PM me if you get a chance. Even if you already have a supplier I want to make sure you are prepared for what you are getting into. Florida is a tricky market. Not sure who you have been talking with but it seems to me you are planning on having more inventory than you need for your first year. Remember.... you dont make money on unsold fireworks sitting in storage.

paulcatucci
02-16-2016, 06:23 PM
I worked for a firework store about 45 minutes north of me for a season. Right now I don't get my fireworks from a wholesaler I buy from a friend of mine who's wanting to get out of the business he imported a container of winda just over a year ago. I need to order from a wholesaler to get insurance for my stand. Do you offer insurance Ray? I think there is room for me in the business right now the only competition is TNT fireworks which is a joke and crazy Dave's fireworks and he sales boxes of 24 canister shells for $110. I was thinking I could get more product than I need then sale what's left over in my new years tent then order new product for the next season so I'm purposely buying more than what I think I'll need.