PDA

View Full Version : PA permits/open shoots

N3OQO
02-14-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm following, as many here in PA are, the new attempt at legalizing consumer fireworks here. I watched the video of the hearing last week. Encouraging, yet there were discouraging remarks and views. But if you are reading this and following, you are aware of the facts. They kept stressing that in PA you can shoot with a permit. Why not a forum here, for open shoots here in PA, and or for folks with a permit that wish to extend an invite? There seem to be a ton of pyros around Pittsburgh.

djsmurf
02-15-2016, 02:02 AM
No a bad idea, kind of wish Ohio had a similar permit process.

matandch
02-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Good luck finding someone who'll sign it.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-15-2016, 01:28 PM
I'm following, as many here in PA are, the new attempt at legalizing consumer fireworks here. I watched the video of the hearing last week. Encouraging, yet there were discouraging remarks and views. But if you are reading this and following, you are aware of the facts. They kept stressing that in PA you can shoot with a permit. Why not a forum here, for open shoots here in PA, and or for folks with a permit that wish to extend an invite? There seem to be a ton of pyros around Pittsburgh.

This is a good reason to join a pyro club--then you are able to go to club shoots, covered by their permit & INSURANCE & get great product from the vendors that come to & deliver to club shoots and shoot all you want--as well as getting to meet a great bunch of Pyros & making new friends.
Being in Western PA you have several clubs to pick from--PA Pyro Artists, NEOPG, NLPC, WNYPA & if you want to travel a couple hours the CrackerJacks have awesome events in Eastern PA & Virginia.

jknepp1954
02-15-2016, 02:50 PM
This is a good reason to join a pyro club--then you are able to go to club shoots, covered by their permit & INSURANCE & get great product from the vendors that come to & deliver to club shoots and shoot all you want--as well as getting to meet a great bunch of Pyros & making new friends.
Being in Western PA you have several clubs to pick from--PA Pyro Artists, NEOPG, NLPC, WNYPA & if you want to travel a couple hours the CrackerJacks have awesome events in Eastern PA & Virginia.

Would like to mirror what Joe says - JOIN A CLUB!!! that is why they are out there!

Northern Sky
02-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Ditto to Joyce and Joe.

Pulling a permit is easy in PA, if you have a few tags in your signature as many of us do.

Join a club, get training. Shoot legally and safely.

HAVE FUN.