PDA

View Full Version : ATF Point to Ponder #2 (Salute on the Shoot Site)

displayfireworks1
02-06-2016, 09:02 PM
ATF Point to Ponder #2 (Salute on the Shoot Site)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdX-U6pQM8k
Have an opinion please post it.

countryboy7978
02-08-2016, 12:39 PM
ATF Point to Ponder #2 (Salute on the Shoot Site)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdX-U6pQM8k
Have an opinion please post it.

From a federal point of view that seems like it would be legal as long as you own or had permission to shoot on the property. The state and local government may see it differently.

Bazerk
02-08-2016, 03:05 PM
At what point do you run the risk of it being called an IED? 9/11 broke a lot of stuff and they are sketchy with everything now. I have no idea, but me personally, I would stay away from it.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-08-2016, 05:54 PM
ATF type 20 would most likely cover it--don't know about a "54" since you are "manufacturing" on site. Interesting question. BTW--there are still "Thundermugs" being made & sold for use with black powder. Not much different than using a "sporting grade" cannon. But when you are using a binary mix of flash--or ammonium nitrate [like the Tannerite targets] you are out of the realm of "sporting use" and in the area of blasting agents. Looking forward to seeing what folks have to say about this one.

yoshisbar
02-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I would say yes also. I also would think also that if you made a salute BEFORE the show (same day) and transport it to a shoot site, you would be covered by this page in the orange book...
Page 64, Paragraph 37. “When is a manufacturer’s license required?”

“Persons who manufacture explosives for their personal, non-business use are not required to have a manufacturer’s license. However, no person may ship, transport, cause to be transported, or receive explosive materials unless such person holds a license or permit.”

So I think having the license makes you able to transport this salute you made (which of course is now classified as a 1.3 item and ANY license can transport it NOT just the type 20), to the sight.
Any person can make them for personal use, but you need a license to transport them..
Just my 2 cents

displayfireworks1
02-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Great post guys thanks. Anyone else have an opinion for or against? How do you feel about this?