PDA

View Full Version : type A.T.F 54

hillbilly
02-04-2016, 04:31 PM
can anyone get type 54 in any state.

davidlynch
02-04-2016, 05:13 PM
as long as they're not disqualified for felonies, drug addiction, mental illness, etc. - and can put together a reasonable storage/contingency plan, then sure!

hillbilly
02-04-2016, 05:34 PM
as long as they're not disqualified for felonies, drug addiction, mental illness, etc. - and can put together a reasonable storage/contingency plan, then sure!

i live in wv need contingency or try own storage mag.

chriskrc
02-06-2016, 01:12 PM
i live in wv need contingency or try own storage mag.

From what I've seen, even though I don't have my 54 yet, start with contingency storage and then go for your own storage later.

hillbilly
02-06-2016, 06:42 PM
i live in southern wv finding someone close that A.T.F will approve

CTPYRO
02-12-2016, 12:14 PM
The Storage has to be within 100 miles or 2 hours of the shoot site

Bazerk
02-12-2016, 01:24 PM
The Storage has to be within 100 miles or 2 hours of the shoot site

I think this depends on the ATF agent. Its supposed to be with a reasonable driving distance. My magazine will be more than 100 miles away and they said it definitely wont be an issue. I told my guy that it was going to be 2-2.5 hours away and he said "oh, yea that's definitely not going to be an issue" so I asked them how far can it be and he said "within a reasonable driving distance". He made it sound like if it was within a days drive it would be ok.

CTPYRO
02-12-2016, 05:33 PM
While I am not an ATF inspector I'd have a hard time thinking they would approve anyone that says it's within a days drive. The standard is typically 100 miles from your shoot site or 2 hours.

yoshisbar
02-12-2016, 05:48 PM
i live in southern wv finding someone close that A.T.F will approve

Do you have property enough for an indoor magazine? Only need a detached garage far enough away from neighbors and such.
I don't know what laws wv has as far as magazines are concerned, but an indoor mag qualifies for storage and you can get your product the day of the show and store the extra in your own mag (up to 50lb, which is about 100 3" shells).
A job box with a few mods can qualify and all for under $400. And the ATF has a bulletin on the back of the orange book that allows these.
I am planning on that as my next step and ask the Inspector when I did my interview, and he said it would not be a problem to get it approved..
Just a thought..

Bazerk
02-15-2016, 10:35 AM
While I am not an ATF inspector I'd have a hard time thinking they would approve anyone that says it's within a days drive. The standard is typically 100 miles from your shoot site or 2 hours.

Ill let you know how it goes for me as I exceed both of those limits.

hillbilly
02-20-2016, 04:36 PM
talk to A.T.F yesturday on using powder magazine for 1.3 fireworks. he said i could got in to on sharing magazine. that persons property
may use for magazine may want his atf permitt all so. i ask could we use same magazine . he said i might run in to problem on size .
that one of us could get permitted and the other employee possesser and that a employee possesser could shoot classb . on that permitt.
i made shore this was clear him and ok. and he said it was . he all said we both could get permitted but it be little complacated
i just hope i have sunk the boat before i got started he did say if i need any help just call .

Bazerk
02-20-2016, 08:49 PM
talk to A.T.F yesturday on using powder magazine for 1.3 fireworks. he said i could got in to on sharing magazine. that persons property
may use for magazine may want his atf permitt all so. i ask could we use same magazine . he said i might run in to problem on size .
that one of us could get permitted and the other employee possesser and that a employee possesser could shoot classb . on that permitt.
i made shore this was clear him and ok. and he said it was . he all said we both could get permitted but it be little complacated
i just hope i have sunk the boat before i got started he did say if i need any help just call ..

Im not trying to be an asshole here, but is English your second language? Im only asking, because if its not, then you need to tighten up on your communication skills before you request a federal explosives license bud.

hillbilly
03-03-2016, 01:03 PM
need contingency storage in southern wv . mcdowell co ,wv

thanks