PDA

View Full Version : HDPE Pipe

Bazerk
01-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Do any of you guys have a source for buying HDPE pipe. I would be interested in sizes of 1.75, 2, 2.5, 3 and 4in. Color doesnt matter but shipping needs to be possible. I am in south florida and I cant find a local place to buy it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ilovecrackle
01-28-2016, 03:20 PM
That's a setup question. I'm not getting my chops busted again. Lol :)

Westpapyro
01-28-2016, 03:55 PM
That's a setup question. I'm not getting my chops busted again. Lol :)

Lol, me either! See Dave's sponsor page...

Bazerk
01-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Ah ok. Didn't think about that. Sorry guys.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Do any of you guys have a source for buying HDPE pipe. I would be interested in sizes of 1.75, 2, 2.5, 3 and 4in. Color doesn't matter but shipping needs to be possible. I am in south Florida and I cant find a local place to buy it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a curiosity question====Why do you want to get 2" guns? There are TONS of product available for 2.5" & even some nice salute chains for 1.75" in 1.3g but it seems the market for 2" ball or cylinder shells is very sparse. They are out there, but not a lot of suppliers sell them. Also, they are pretty wimpy compared to the 2 1/2"--which is wimpy compared to the 3"===and on & on it goes.
Performance of a 2" ball shell isn't much better than a 1.75" ball shell--and not as good as a premium 1.75" canister. You can only pack so much product in a given volume container---and the effects available in small shells is very limited.
So why not forget the 2" & get more 2 1/2" tubes?........just an old guy wondering!

matandch
01-28-2016, 09:40 PM
LeeSupply.com

displayfireworks1
01-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Lets see the closest Lee Supply location is 900 miles away for this man. Great advice????? I'm sure those 12 to 14 feet sections of pipe will be very cheap to ship to South Florida?
If you insist on making your own find a professional plumbing supply distributor and give them a call. People that make and sell ready made racks operate on a very small profit margin. Unless you are very competent working with wood , I would consider buying them ready made. It would be nice if some of these so called pyrotechnic clubs would sign on to pyrotalk and help recruit these up and coming pyro enthusiast into their organizations. Then they could network with others in the area. I know there is at least one pyro club in Florida. I do not see recruiting efforts by any of these clubs or even the PGI for that matter.

Bazerk
01-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Just a curiosity question====Why do you want to get 2" guns? There are TONS of product available for 2.5" & even some nice salute chains for 1.75" in 1.3g but it seems the market for 2" ball or cylinder shells is very sparse. They are out there, but not a lot of suppliers sell them. Also, they are pretty wimpy compared to the 2 1/2"--which is wimpy compared to the 3"===and on & on it goes.
Performance of a 2" ball shell isn't much better than a 1.75" ball shell--and not as good as a premium 1.75" canister. You can only pack so much product in a given volume container---and the effects available in small shells is very limited.
So why not forget the 2" & get more 2 1/2" tubes?........just an old guy wondering!

You are correct sir. I guess I could have made my request much simpler by saying that I am not interested in any sizes larger than 5in. I wouldn't be buying 2in guns for the exact reason you were curious about, my typo.

Bazerk
01-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Lets see the closest Lee Supply location is 900 miles away for this man. Great advice????? I'm sure those 12 to 14 feet sections of pipe will be very cheap to ship to South Florida?
If you insist on making your own find a professional plumbing supply distributor and give them a call. People that make and sell ready made racks operate on a very small profit margin. Unless you are very competent working with wood , I would consider buying them ready made. It would be nice if some of these so called pyrotechnic clubs would sign on to pyrotalk and help recruit these up and coming pyro enthusiast into their organizations. Then they could network with others in the area. I know there is at least one pyro club in Florida. I do not see recruiting efforts by any of these clubs or even the PGI for that matter.

I wish there was more exposure here as well Dave. I will look into the plumbing supply stores for the pipe. I am pretty handy when it comes to wood so the racks are the easy part and thus will save me the money in shipping and labor. I dont mind paying people for their expertise, but if I can do it myself, I will. At least then I know its done right and can be tweaked to my liking. I didnt mean to open the sponsor can of worms here as well so I do apologize for that bud. On a side note, I am building my storage magazine over the next few weeks so I will shre the progress with you guys as well as my application success or denial, lol.

ilovecrackle
01-29-2016, 02:38 PM

Yeah, I found that out first had with the 2" shells. About 2 years ago, i came across about half a case of 2" shells. To this day, I still have that half case of 2" shells because i can't find anything to shoot them out of. haha Well, let me rephrase that. I can find 2" HDPE but have been looking for 2" fiberglass because those will fit in my already build 1.75" racks. I really don't want to build new racks if I don't have to so the half case sits untouched. hahaha

Westpapyro
01-29-2016, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I found that out first had with the 2" shells. About 2 years ago, i came across about half a case of 2" shells. To this day, I still have that half case of 2" shells because i can't find anything to shoot them out of. haha Well, let me rephrase that. I can find 2" HDPE but have been looking for 2" fiberglass because those will fit in my already build 1.75" racks. I really don't want to build new racks if I don't have to so the half case sits untouched. hahaha

Where in the world is Crakleville, I have some 2" fiberglass extras.

Tropmoore75
01-30-2016, 01:00 AM
Why does it seem that these questions always arise, and either end up causing bad feelings or get answered behind closed doors? And why are you are the only one that ever dictates a response Dave? You have advertisers that want to make more money or they wouldn't pay to advertise. It's time for them to step up to the plate on this forum. I love this forum and I like you as a person and pyro enthusiast and teacher, Dave, but Besides Joyce. Al, Ralph and firetek, whens the last time any of us heard on this forum from any of your advertisers? You see the diffference here? those 4 i spoke of are actually active advertisers. The others don't deserve our business. When we the little people step up and do their jobs its a shitty feeling because its not our job to sell for them, and they sure aren't offering us discounts for selling it for them. Most of us do it because we have friends in the industry and want to help friends out. So Something need to change, because all we want to do is learn more and help our brothers and sisters that are pyro's. This man got half ass answers because he lives out of our area or because your paid ads aren't out looking for the business, we're supposed to find them. Last time i checked it's a 2 sided street, active ads make everyone happy. If only the advertisers were as active in selling as you are Dave, we'd all be happy

I commend Chuck for going above and beyond the call and willing to give this man some of his "extras"

if you are looking for pipe in a plumbing supply store or wholesaler you are barking up the wrong tree, you will mostly find rolled hdpe stock and not straight runs (good if you want to launch a mortar in a circle). You want a supplier to the mining / gas industry or municipal waste and water.

Case and point, either you are rich and spend tons of extra money to ship these things to you or you go on the everlasting search and pay hundreds of dollars in travel expenses and time to locate a supplier. We are lucky in PA but there are not to many states that have as many supplier resources as we do. Florida is a tough state to locate pipe like that, try georgia if you can or alabama. They have higher concentrations of mining, oil and gas industries. Thats the only place you will find it cheap. Almost all of your advertisers sell at least fiberglass.

Please, Please, try and get your advertisers to be more active, we would all smile a little more!

Tropmoore75
01-30-2016, 01:15 AM
my apologies to Lynch imports also, they are active.

ilovecrackle
01-30-2016, 01:38 AM
I understand what you mean to a point. :cool:

displayfireworks1
01-30-2016, 06:39 AM
Truthfully I can think of more reasons for someone in the business should not to talk to customers on a forum , than reason they should talk to them. Especially an anonymous person from Crrackle-ville. I usually require members list their state on their profile to give them some credibility.
This is where the Sponsor Page can help guide you for your purchasers. My suspicions are this is a one rack project. The easy way is to buy a rack is to find a 1.3 distributor that sells them near "Crackle-ville".

matandch
01-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Berating forum users for giving reasonable responses to forum discussion topics is counterproductive. Without users there will be no advertisers.

Moral of the story: happy users = happy advertisers.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-30-2016, 12:38 PM
Just for the record--it was Bazerk from Florida that asked about the HDPE pipe--not ilovecrackle from "crackle-ville'.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-30-2016, 12:39 PM

I have a solution for you concerning your 2" shells. Check your PM's.

ilovecrackle
01-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Truthfully I can think of more reasons for someone in the business should not to talk to customers on a forum , than reason they should talk to them. Especially an anonymous person from Crrackle-ville. I usually require members list their state on their profile to give them some credibility.
This is where the Sponsor Page can help guide you for your purchasers. My suspicions are this is a one rack project. The easy way is to buy a rack is to find a 1.3 distributor that sells them near "Crackle-ville".

So because I love crackle, and I thought it would be funny to list my location as "crackleville", That means I have no credibility? I was just trying to be funny. I like to joke around.
In another post, someone asked something similar where do i get such and such and I mentioned a non sponsor site and google. I got my chops busted for that. That was my fault and I apologized for that.
Now in this thread, I don't mention any companies at all, Just a "this is a setup question" response (again with my humor), westPApyro kind of agrees with me and mentions to see your sponsors and I get called out for my "location"? hahaha
If you require an actual location, I will change it.
I will also "try" to cut back on my sense of humor because it just seems to be getting me in trouble. hehehe :cool:

Tropmoore75
01-31-2016, 05:54 AM

I think you are 100% dead wrong here with this statement. Its a huge part of customer service and says a lot about a businessman's character. my money spends anywhere. I choose one of your advertisers because of character, his personality, his gentleman behavior and their ability to build friendships even if his price is higher. so what if one guy on a forum wants to build a "onsie" rack, is he any different than the customer that wants to buy 10? why have any suspicions or even think like that? Business 101 is simple. treat everyone the same, the customer is always right and be courteous, if the customer is impossible, do the impossible.

We all joined this forum because of you Dave and what you provided for us as a venue to discuss what we all love. Your demeanor towards clubs is downright pathetic and you seemed scorned. We come here to learn, to discuss and challenge each other and just to have a good ol time. like I said before I like you. my criticism isnt to hurt you or expose you its to bring out whats wrong with all of this. I understand the rules governing this forum and how it pays for itself. My points are directly related to the absence of your supporters, Where are they? Why does one person have to feel ousted, this is the damn internet, he could live in shitville and that shouldnt make a difference. What if i love crackle was an ATF customer of yours or potential customer? wrong approach my friend.

displayfireworks1
01-31-2016, 08:16 PM
I tell my advertisers they are free to communicate on the forums. I recommend it be an employee and not the owner. It risky communicating openly with anonymous people. It is too easy to say something you will regret. They have everything to lose. A disgruntled customer or someone that just does not like you can make you look pretty bad in a hurry. Look how things turned on me pretty quickly on this post as an example.
Let face it, over 95% of the people here, are technically anonymous. Some people do not even want to list what state they are from. I write it in and they will change it. Unless I see a picture of you in your profile or face video for everyone else to see you, you are technically anonymous to other members. Pick some well-established pyro forums posters from the old pyrouniverse. They do not even have pictures of themselves on their own Facebooks. Why is that? It is risky for people in the business to openly engage these anonymous people on forums. It is their choice. I suggest they communicate by email or phone outside of the forums.
Pyro Clubs. If they are going to list themselves as “Clubs” on the PGI website. What are they doing to recruit new members? How diverse is the make-up of the club? Some of these clubs are full of money mismanagement and others are breeding grounds for hatred. I’ll give you something to think about, I would feel more welcome walking into the ATF Headquarters than I would some of these so called fireworks clubs. I’ll let you conclude why that is. If you trying to run a private organized, do not list yourself as club on the PGI website.
The PGI needs help in my opinion, there is rarely any competition in the elections for new officers. That is not a good sign. We need new people in the mix. More can be done to recruit the new fireworks enthusiast into this organization. This is one club we all need. If someone wants to run this organization they need a plan for the future. Because of my involvement I need to get them to talk to me and tell people what that plan is for the future. You can’t run that large of organization and not be heard or be afraid to answer a few questions. I’m holding out hope for the PGI

Bazerk
02-01-2016, 02:23 PM

Im not sure if your referring to me on this one Dave, but I will be certainly building 15-20 racks to start. Not sure of that makes any difference but it is indeed why I ask for a pipe supplier as opposed to buying prefab racks. I am working on finding a relatively local supplier and when I do, I will share it with anyone else who is in the state of Florida. :)

BoomBad1
02-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Bazerk, Have you tried any Geothermal suppliers. I know there is a Geothermal supply company in central KY that carries all sizes of HDPE in 20 ft sticks.

Bazerk
02-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Bazerk, Have you tried any Geothermal suppliers. I know there is a Geothermal supply company in central KY that carries all sizes of HDPE in 20 ft sticks.

I have not, but that is a great suggestion. However, I dont know how much Geothermal activity is going on here in South Florida. I am going to look because, hey, you never know.

davidlynch
02-02-2016, 02:40 PM
I see both sides of what has ended up being the primary topic of conversation here... Obviously, you guys see me around here sometimes - but not every day. Dave's right that it would be easy for me to piss people off and drive business away, and I am sure that sometimes that happens. I am nothing if not direct, and some people don't like that. Thankfully, some respond to it well. I'm not always sure why, but I like it.

What it comes down to is this - any business can try to put on a facade, but I can see that a mile away. I try to do business with people that are genuine, even if that means they're sometimes a genuine asshole, at least they're being real with me. I appreciate and value that, and am willing to take the weirdness that comes from actually getting to know someone rather than having a fake salesman thing going on. I can't pull that off, I can only be me. I know that will cost me business, but I just can't do anything else.

So, I could spend hours every day arguing with people here and on other forums, and sometimes I do. We're a community, and it's important to me to be an actual part of that community rather than monitoring from the sidelines. One of my biggest goals for 2016 is to get to the point that we can start coming to more events and meet you all in person. I really hope I can make that happen.

What were we talking about?

PYROBOOM.COM FOR HDPE!!! Eric is the best.

CTPYRO
02-02-2016, 04:20 PM
I wish Lynch was closer ......

davidlynch
02-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Lol call me I'll schedule a delivery. We get up into NY, that's close!

Fire Art
02-08-2016, 02:08 AM

Fire Art and ACE Pyro have 2" fiberglass guns.

ilovecrackle
02-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Fire Art and ACE Pyro have 2" fiberglass guns.

Thank you for the info. I will take a look.