PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks of the future will be lit-up drones, Intel CEO says

displayfireworks1
01-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Drones will replace fireworks, Brian Krzanich has predicted – and here's the Guinness World Record to prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBQXuu_5Zw
Loud fireworks that keep you up at night and fill the sky with smoke will become a thing of the past thanks to drones, the chief executive of Intel has predicted.
Speaking at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Brian Krzanich said Intel was "able to completely redefine the firework experience".
He said: "I see a future where fireworks and all their risks of smoke and dirt are a thing of the past, and they’re replaced by shows that have unlimited creativity and potential - and powered by drones.”

djsmurf
01-14-2016, 01:45 AM
No finale rack? lol, I like Intel but cost seems to be a huge issue at present. Just considering the drone + extra battery (not considering a decent amount of extra repair equipment, programmers, computers, ect.) you can figure $100,000+ and no booms :(

matandch
01-14-2016, 08:46 AM
Silly nonsense. Nothing more than a glorified laser light show. Disney can have it for their birthday. I'll go to Universal for the real fireworks show.

ilovecrackle
01-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Silly nonsense. Nothing more than a glorified laser light show. Disney can have it for their birthday. I'll go to Universal for the real fireworks show.

Yeah i hear you. No boom, no thanks.

PGH_Pyro
01-15-2016, 06:57 PM
that guy can F himself and his corporate speculating ...

Tropmoore75
01-17-2016, 05:14 AM
F#4k this noise, i say shoot up a bunch of 12" shells right under them and see if they are still flying after that. No boom, just color = Queer! A DAMN Symphony to top it all off? Cut my ears and eyes out , I'd rather be Helen Keller. Guiness should have given them the record for Dumbest Shit EVER!

Zenith
01-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Fireworks will never be a thing of the past.
Pyrotechnics is an art of it self that has withstood the change of times and just keeps on growing and getting better due to us pyrotechnicians. People that obviously don't care for fireworks and no nothing about pyrotechnics always would come up with some crazy idea to replace or phase them out totally. Drones or any electronic device regardless of how good it is will never replace fireworks. This is really not my opinion it's just pure physics.