PDA

View Full Version : Digital Fingerprints.

djsmurf
01-09-2016, 03:41 AM
I have everything set-up to send my paperwork in for my ATF license. However today noticed it is rather hard to find someone still doing ink fingerprints in my area. Anyone know if you can have a digital fingerprint scan done and where to send it so it is attached to your ATF paperwork?

displayfireworks1
01-09-2016, 10:04 AM
I do not know if the ATF is ready for this at the individual level. I recently got fingerprinted for my CDL Hazmat license renewal. I went to one of those "Mailbox" type places. The fee was around $25.00 they sent them electronically, they most likely have a way to print them from them computer if needed. When i first applied for my ATF license I took the fingerprint card to my local sheriff and they did it for free. If you google the address in West Virginia that processes the ATF applications it looks like a low tech operation still doing everything on paper. That is speculation on my part but I bet it is true. I now include the exact explosive fingerprint card they want in my DVD/application package to make it easier. The applicant can take that card with them to the fingerprint location.

jknepp1954
01-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Local sheriff dept.....we had ours done at local State Police dept. But that was like 12 yrs ago... i heard someone say they don't do that anymore?

Westpapyro
01-09-2016, 01:04 PM
2014 I had mine done by my local police department. Although check around because I'm on the border of two different departments and one wanted like $30 the other was free.

Fatboy
01-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Pennsylvania state police will still do ink fingerprints for ATF cards but not for CDL's. I'd call local sheriff, local PD, or ohio state police and ask.

bluegbom
01-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Check Small P.D around you, one of them might still have the old way of doing prints. Larger departments mostly do them over the internet now.

djsmurf
01-10-2016, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Dave I have the ATF card that came with your dvd, actually got a local detective to do my ink prints. I just wanted to know if anyone had used electronic prints before, might be another step in the future to make the application process that much simpler.

davidlynch
01-14-2016, 12:22 PM
ATF won't allow electronic prints to be submitted. Oh well.

countryboy7978
01-15-2016, 10:57 PM
Local PD charged me $2 last time.

Rocketshooter
01-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Yes, the PA state police did mine for free as well 5 years ago when I got my 54. No problems and they were very helpful.