PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 and type 4 indoor magazine questions comment

yoshisbar
01-02-2016, 09:01 PM
As I said, Got dave's package today, but have been contemplating getting my type 54 for a year or so. 1 thing that stops me is the storage requirements. I can get a contingency plan with kellner's but it is a 1 hr+ drive. Wondered if any of the PA folks with their type 54 have a type 4 INDOOR magazine? I do mostly 1.4 product and getting my type 54 (as Dave has said) is to JUICE up the show. I have heard of people getting "job boxes" and making them work for type 4 storage. I know the federal requirement is only 50lbs of product (while the state of PA is actually more like 100lbs, doesn't make sense), But if there is a problem with anything in the show I could just throw it in my magazine and be legal with the storage requirements. Any thoughts?

displayfireworks1
01-02-2016, 11:34 PM
I would suggest you first get the ATF Fireworks license by taking the contingency route with Kellners. Once you obtain the license, then look into getting the magazine. Once you are license you will appear more legitimate to anyone inspecting the magazines for approval. Stick with step A , and get the license, step B is the magazine. Don't complain about a one hour drive to Kellner Fireworks. Many people wish they were that close to a 1.3 fireworks distributor. I'm afraid if you try to obtain approval for a magazine and an ATF license at the same time you are going to get frustrated with the complexities and will not obtain either one.

yoshisbar
01-02-2016, 11:55 PM
Thanks Dave. That was my thought from the start. Get the license and then do the magazine later. Because I do know you must get the PA approval first and then the federal approval. I was just looking for some feedback as to anyone who has done this type of magazine before. I have done the homework on it and think it is not that difficult and actually not that expensive for the hobbyist to do that. Just an option....

Westpapyro
01-03-2016, 12:19 AM
I have contingency with Kellners also. Go to their demo every year. Don't forget Al at Fireart, he will help you out also.

On a side note----- get well Al.