PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NW Pa..

yoshisbar
01-02-2016, 08:40 PM
As many have said, longtime follower, first time poster! I have had the fireworks bug for along time. Growing up in Ohio north of Youngstown, I remember the days of the annual fireworks catalogs being mailed and getting those bottle rockets shipped to my door (back then is was ok, or just not enforced..Ahh the old days). Larry Lomaz (R.I.P.) at Midwest fireworks was a businessman who got business anyway he could, legal or not at times. But fast forward to today.. I am just starting to work on getting my type 54. Got Dave's package today and we go from here!

Westpapyro
01-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Welcome Yosh, a close friend of mine grew up in Titusville. His parents still live there. There always asking me to come shoot some fireworks for their annual pig roast. I shoot a show at their sons house every year. He now lives in Rural Valley Pa. Last year Northernsky and Bdc helped out on my show.(thank you guys again)
Rec you look into the club Neopg. If you need advice or help just let me know?
Chuck

displayfireworks1
01-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Thank you for purchasing my ATF/DVD application package. You should receive it early next week because of the holiday. Once you watch the video you will have a full understanding of how all of this works. You are located 36.6 miles from Kellners Fireworks in Barkeyville Pa. Once you receive the license this is where you will be purchasing your 1.4 and 1.3 fireworks. Follow this link and print this document, you will be adding this to your application. I am sure you have other question, please wait until you watch the video and review the application. Once you do that you will have a full understanding of how all of this works.
http://kellfire.com/pdf/2015_displayfireworks_orderinginfo.pdf
If you are not familiar with Kellner Fireworks here is a link to their website.
http://catalog.kellfire.com/professional

jknepp1954
01-03-2016, 04:08 AM
Yosh -= welcome to pyrotalk. We have a fireworks store in central PA. I am sure we will meet up sometime in the next few months!
Larry L was def one of a kind - that is for sure!

chriskrc
01-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Fire Art
01-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Yosh. We are located in Clearfield, PA and carry 1.3, 1.4, Articles Pyro, chemicals, supplies and equipment. Please check out our website and let me know if you need a Letter of Contingency to get you started. Looking forward to meeting you at an event soon. -Al

PyroJoeNEPA
01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk. Lots of great people on here. I'm sure you will expand your "pyro friends" list very quickly!

Northern Sky
01-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Hello neighbor. Welcome aboard.

yoshisbar
01-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks ALL. Just got my first reply from the ATF today! Shouldn't be long now!!
I am looking at all the sites listed. You guys make it VERY hard to choose where to buy! LOL
But all those consumer racks in the garage, and now I need bigger and more.. Wife is not gonna like me..

PyroJoeNEPA
01-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Thanks ALL. Just got my first reply from the ATF today! Shouldn't be long now!!
I am looking at all the sites listed.
You guys make it VERY hard to choose where to buy! LOL
But all those consumer racks in the garage, and now I need bigger and more.. Wife is not gonna like me..
All the vendors are awesome people! I think you will find that getting "something from everyone" works well!
As far as the wife goes----NEVER tell her how much you really spend on pyro--and keep her supplied with chocolate & flowers!

djsmurf
01-22-2016, 04:22 AM
Welcome, good luck with your application. Keep us updated.

yoshisbar
01-31-2016, 09:43 PM
Well, That was fast! Interview on Tuesday! Thought I wasn't going to get done before Kellner's Demo, but looks like a go now!! Thanks again Dave..

ilovecrackle
02-01-2016, 12:22 AM
Well, That was fast! Interview on Tuesday! Thought I wasn't going to get done before Kellner's Demo, but looks like a go now!! Thanks again Dave..

That's awesome! Good luck!

Wholesale Fireworks
02-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Yoshibar.....there is a lot of great product out there all within an hours drive for you. We can definitely help with the "WIFE" situation because when she sees how much you were able to get from us and how much money you saved, she will have no problem with you coming back to see us.
Welcome aboard and we hope to see you soon.

yoshisbar
02-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Well, what a day. Interview all done, right about 1 hour or so. I will say very painless, informative and otherwise as expected (did my homework well). A few things have changed, but none the less, as expected. I will say that (maybe because of Dave, good job), my guy did say that there are more of these type of applications being processed (ie hobby fireworks). Should have the final paper before the end of February. Now to get the shopping list together!! Wee

ilovecrackle
02-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Well, what a day. Interview all done, right about 1 hour or so. I will say very painless, informative and otherwise as expected (did my homework well). A few things have changed, but none the less, as expected. I will say that (maybe because of Dave, good job), my guy did say that there are more of these type of applications being processed (ie hobby fireworks). Should have the final paper before the end of February. Now to get the shopping list together!! Wee

Awesome news! Congrats! Been thinking about applying for my 54 as well but just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. It's good to hear stories like this where it goes so smooth and relatively pain free.
Congrats again!

displayfireworks1
02-02-2016, 09:47 PM
At yoshisbar Thank for the update. I should ask those Pennsylvania ATF Inspectors for a kickback. LOL. Let us know when you receive the license so we can congratulate you. I look forward to seeing you at some of the fireworks demos as spring approaches.
Speaking of spring it may be here sooner than we think according to Punxsutawney Phil in Gobbler Knob Pennsylvania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIazkxw978

Northern Sky
02-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Happy to hear it went smoothly.

djsmurf
02-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Congrats! Yoshibar, glad it went smooth for you. Hope mine is just as painless.

yoshisbar
02-12-2016, 05:14 PM
:o
Well Dave add another addict to your list! And thanks! Well done..
Nice WHITE envelope in the mail today! All done, now officially licensed type 54 user!
And only a month and 2 days from the date I mailed ..

Now where did I put that shopping list? lol

PyroJoeNEPA
02-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Congrats. Now someone will have to teach you the "secret handshake". LOL.

yoshisbar
02-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Secret handshake, Oh dang I didn't see that anywhere in the manual....

PyroJoe your close in north east, I ran up to fedex last year to get a "shipment" (ok fireworks) Nice up the to look out and see the lake...

Westpapyro
02-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Congrats Yoshi, you going to Kellners?

yoshisbar
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Can't for the open shoot (work work work) but maybe sat for the 1.3 demo for awhile.

Fire Art
02-16-2016, 01:28 PM
:o
Well Dave add another addict to your list! And thanks! Well done..
Nice WHITE envelope in the mail today! All done, now officially licensed type 54 user!
And only a month and 2 days from the date I mailed ..

Now where did I put that shopping list? lol

Save some room on that list for some product from Fire Art! Hope to see you at our open shoot and demo this year, May 13th and 14th!

PyroJoeNEPA
02-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Save some room on that list for some product from Fire Art! Hope to see you at our open shoot and demo this year, May 13th and 14th!

Definitely don't want to miss Al's open shoot and demo!!!
Is there any way we can get 5 or 6 weeks in May & loose them in the winter????
My pyro calendar is getting very FULL!!! :-)

Northern Sky
02-17-2016, 12:49 AM
Definitely don't want to miss Al's open shoot and demo!!!
Is there any way we can get 5 or 6 weeks in May & lose them in the winter????
My pyro calendar is getting very FULL!!! :-)

Isn't that the truth!

displayfireworks1
02-17-2016, 10:56 PM
Congratulations on receiving the 1.3 fireworks license. I'm sure we are going to run into you at some of the fireworks demos as spring approaches.

yoshisbar
02-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks DAVE! Sure you will see me. I do a KILLER memorial day picnic, and now with 1.3!!

By the way do you have any atf license stats for Crawford county? Just curious..

displayfireworks1
02-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Yes, I have one name in Crawford County , town of Titusville. Same town as you.
http://gameo.org/images/5/5f/PA-Crawford.jpg
You are up there in member Northern Sky territory, he steal you after we train you. LOL

Westpapyro
02-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Bad Dane bad!
Hahaha, lol.

Northern Sky
02-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Yes, I have one name in Crawford County , town of Titusville. Same town as you.
http://gameo.org/images/5/5f/PA-Crawford.jpg
You are up there in member Northern Sky territory, he steal you after we train you. LOL

STOLEN Lol

A rising tide thing. . . . Maybe, have fuse will share, kind of thing.

Good, Training comes with the territory.

Safety first, I always say.

Thanks for thinking of me though Dave. And the kind word as always.

boom23
02-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Welcome.. I live just down the road in Franklin.. Not far away at all.. I also have my type 54.. If you can, go to the training at Kellners demo ..It's a big help.. If you need any help with your memorial picnic let me know.. I have a Cobra with 5 mods a couple slats an audio box and some other cheap systems.. Not sure if you have a system but more than welcome to give them a try.. I'm always up to use the Cobra..haha .. oh and I put in a big order in at Whole Sale Fireworks to get %40 off.. Not sure but they might let me add to that if you want to save some money on some consumer stuff for your party..