PDA

View Full Version : Not bad for $700

Bazerk
01-01-2016, 04:36 PM
This was a nice 10 minute show that I put together for $700. Got to use my new cobra firing system for the first time which worked amazingly well. Can't wait until I get my 54 license. What do you guys think. It's all 1.4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES0E_kcQhq4

displayfireworks1
01-01-2016, 07:15 PM
You say you used the Cobra System. I am curious how many modules you have? The finale looked great.

Bazerk
01-01-2016, 07:55 PM
You say you used the Cobra System. I am curious how many modules you have? The finale looked great.

I have 3 modules sir. I used 18 cues on 1, 12 on the second and the. Had the finale on the third so I could use the auto fire sequence. I set the timing between firings at .2 seconds. Used one ematch to connect to a 30 shot fan rack. Fused them all together with quick fuse so I only needed one match to start them. The rest was cakes.

displayfireworks1
01-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Great, you shot the entire display in under 10 minutes, that is good thing. For a backyard display that was a nice finale. If I had to make a recommendation it would be to put two Cobra Mods on the same channel and fire two identical items at the same time as you work towards the finale. This will cut the display back to probably 7 minutes, but it should keep everyone attention. If this is the first time you are using the Cobra system you did great. Thanks for posting the video and showing us your display.

Bazerk
01-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Great, you shot the entire display in under 10 minutes, that is good thing. For a backyard display that was a nice finale. If I had to make a recommendation it would be to put two Cobra Mods on the same channel and fire two identical items at the same time as you work towards the finale. This will cut the display back to probably 7 minutes, but it should keep everyone attention. If this is the first time you are using the Cobra system you did great. Thanks for posting the video and showing us your display.

Thanks for the input Dave. I do appreciate it. That is actually a great idea. This was indeed my first time using the system and I gotta say I love it. I will certainly try your idea though. That works great when you buy in cases too!

pistolus
01-01-2016, 09:51 PM
That's a good consumer display for New Years.. I only had some firecrackers.. a couple 200 gram cakes.. and 6 canister shells.. but some fireworks on New Years is better than nothing! That cameraman seemed to like it too, was that you or a buddy of yours.. Kudos on the display. Good Job on first using the firing system.

Bazerk
01-01-2016, 11:30 PM
That's a good consumer display for New Years.. I only had some firecrackers.. a couple 200 gram cakes.. and 6 canister shells.. but some fireworks on New Years is better than nothing! That cameraman seemed to like it too, was that you or a buddy of yours.. Kudos on the display. Good Job on first using the firing system.

LOL! I was waiting for someone to mention that. That was my younger brother and he's a moron. However, he also didn't forget to push the record button like I did on my camcorder so I had to use his recording. Thanks for the kind words on the show though. I'm definitely going to take Dave up on his suggestion though!

ilovecrackle
01-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Nice show.
What kind of camera did you use? It Seemed to take pretty good video.

Bazerk
01-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Nice show.
What kind of camera did you use? It Seemed to take pretty good video.

Believe it or not it was taken with a crappy Metro PCS phone. I forgot to push record on my HD camcorder so I had to use this video. Here is what the show would have looked like on my other camera had I not forgotten to start the recording. This is a video taken from the same evening. These were the cakes that didn't fire because I had someone helping me and didn't do it correctly. We called it the 2nd finale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AotSDLtzqj4

chriskrc
01-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Nice show great way to ring in the new year