PDA

View Full Version : Mini Canister Shells

paulcatucci
12-31-2015, 09:21 PM
Okay guys, I usually don't buy fireworks at retail prices but I stopped by a tent that was a few miles from my house to see what they had and found these. They are 1.5" canister shells they are louder than a standard 1.75" ball shell and at $15 for 12 shells I thought they where a decent deal for retail. The thing that impressed me was the quality of the tube usually cheap sets have crappie cardboard tubes but this set had a fiberglass tube. The brand is "Power Keg" I'm not familiar with the brand but judging by the performance of this product and how the other products at the tent felt it seems like this is a top notch brand.858854[/[ATTACH=CONFIG]855856857ATTACH]

displayfireworks1
01-01-2016, 07:40 PM
If I am not mistaken I believe these smaller canister shells are made to comply with Consumer Fireworks laws in certain states. I keep hearing there are some bad ones out there. Not bad as in defective but sound and performance is poor. I really do not know. I have some that may be similar I purchased from Nite Lites , a brothers brand I believe they are called Private Stash. Like I said nothing special in sound.

chriskrc
01-04-2016, 12:04 PM
If I am not mistaken I believe these smaller canister shells are made to comply with Consumer Fireworks laws in certain states. I keep hearing there are some bad ones out there. Not bad as in defective but sound and performance is poor. I really do not know. I have some that may be similar I purchased from Nite Lites , a brothers brand I believe they are called Private Stash. Like I said nothing special in sound.

We grabbed a box this last year of those to see how they were and truly they were okay but I would prefer ball shells over these. Not my first choice for sure but I wouldn't totally count them out, especially if I couldn't find ball shells.

ilovecrackle
01-04-2016, 01:38 PM
I picked up some of BIG's brand mini canister shells. They were actually a lot better than i thought. Large breaks (for their smaller size) and were pretty loud. I grabbed a couple cases. :cool:
Not really ideal to put in shows unless you have a bunch of 1.5" guns laying around though.
They are fun to light individually or if you have any 1.5" spent cakes laying around, they shoot perfect out of them, although i would not reload the spent cakes more than a couple times with them.