PDA

View Full Version : Passfire Movie

displayfireworks1
12-16-2015, 09:04 PM
If I remember correctly funding for the Passfire movie was three years ago. Now I am starting to wonder why the final project is not released.

jknepp1954
12-17-2015, 10:44 PM
This is copy/paste from email i received TODAY....

Want to Know More?

In August we completed a full-length rough cut that clocked in at 131 minutes (that's two hours and 11 minutes) and presented it in-person to three focus groups from whom we received lots of useful feedback in the form of surveys. Participants ranged from members of the general public and fireworks enthusiasts to professional pyrotechnicians and some of the most well-known fireworks companies.

Taking that feedback, and our own reflections on the material, we began a substantial revision of the film’s content, structure and flow. We are now most of the way through this fine cut and expect it to be completed by early 2016.

We will then hold one more set of focus groups to gain additional feedback and then add the musical score, narration (as needed) and updated motion graphics to create the final cut. This final cut will then go through various distribution channels and will be available to the public next year.

And some other stuff too - but this summarizes it pretty much.

displayfireworks1
12-17-2015, 10:44 PM
It looks like they sent out an update email with a video link. Problem is the link says private video for me, anyone else seeing that message?

pyrola
12-26-2015, 07:42 PM
They keep collecting money from people to fund their project. With the money they travel around the world to witnessing great fireworks events. They probably have no desire to release the movie is if they can continue to do this. What happens after the movie is released for them?

displayfireworks1
12-26-2015, 08:26 PM
I suspect they want to get the movie on TV or something bigger than just releasing the video to the fireworks enthusiast market. I believe they need to do that before we receive our DVD of the movie. If I remember correctly they are making a movie and a series of additional episodes. That sounds like TV stuff to me. If they release the movie to us first, it has no TV value. I do not think they made any profit yet, that is probably what the problem is. If it was not for people in the business helping them along the way they probably could have never completed it. If you read the fine print on the Kickstarter website, they probably are close to the time limit before they need to deliver our DVD etc. Kickstarter may even have some money in escrow they can not get until they deliver what they promised. I wish I could hear from someone that previewed the movie and hear their opinion.

pyrola
12-27-2015, 03:31 PM
what dos that mean "when they deliver our dvd"? Do they owe you one since you contributed?

pyro-gear
12-29-2015, 07:13 AM
I suspect they want to get the movie on TV or something bigger than just releasing the video to the fireworks enthusiast market. I believe they need to do that before we receive our DVD of the movie. If I remember correctly they are making a movie and a series of additional episodes. That sounds like TV stuff to me. If they release the movie to us first, it has no TV value. I do not think they made any profit yet, that is probably what the problem is. If it was not for people in the business helping them along the way they probably could have never completed it. If you read the fine print on the Kickstarter website, they probably are close to the time limit before they need to deliver our DVD etc. Kickstarter may even have some money in escrow they can not get until they deliver what they promised. I wish I could hear from someone that previewed the movie and hear their opinion.

From what I understand they sold the rights to Netflix so I suspect this could be a TV series Dave.

flynlr
12-29-2015, 09:56 AM
yeah I funded the original plan as well. kinda pissed as it was promised delivery by DEC 2014. they need to stop traveling and get the movie released.

pyro-gear
12-29-2015, 10:28 AM
yeah I funded the original plan as well. kinda pissed as it was promised delivery by DEC 2014. they need to stop traveling and get the movie released.

Dave more or less nailed it look at the post above, I expect you will get a DVD at some point but I suspect that would be the latter end of 2016.

davidlynch
01-04-2016, 04:42 PM
I don't think they've done any traveling since the Sydney Harbor show more than a year ago. I got to see the presentations at NFA and APA last year and am excited about the project but also understand that it can't be rushed. I really like the fact that not only are they being careful and intentional about how they put together the final product, but also that they're soliciting input from as many places as they can get it within the industry.

From my perspective, this is a pretty big deal. If they rush it, the industry could suffer... so I want them to be as thorough and complete as they can. I certainly get that people are anxious to see the final product, but rather than just assuming the worst - how about sending them an email or something? I've found Jesse and Jeremy to be humble, intelligent, and thoughtful - and seem to be working extremely hard to do the best job they can. Of course, I'm jealous that I didn't get to do the traveling etc that they did, but I try not to let that impact my interactions with them or my opinion of the product :)

jknepp1954
01-05-2016, 01:21 AM
Good things comes to those who wait!