PDA

View Full Version : ATF Visits

Bazerk
12-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Hello all! My name is Jimmy and I am a pretty serious backyard pyro hobbyist. I just bought Dave's DVD set and am going to try for my type 54 license in the next month or so. I did have one question though. My storage magazine is going to be 2.5 hours away from my house and the ATF claims that will not be an issue. This is question is more for the people that have their license already. Does the ATF make random stops at your house or storage magazine? I don't want to cause myself the inconvenience of having to deal with that so that is why I am asking. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimmy

displayfireworks1
12-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Thanks for purchasing my DVD/application package, it helps me keeps the lights on so to speak. Your order will go out in the AM. I usually tell people once you watch the DVD's you will have a full understanding of how all of this works. As far as the ATF paying you, me or anyone an unannounced visit. Who can predict what the ATF does or does not do? There is a saying that goes the best predictor of future behavior is.... past behavior. All the people i know will probably tell you they see the ATF Inspectors once every three years during their renewal process. If the ATF is stopping to see you and it is not time for renewal, I can guarantee you they will have a reason. Don't do the usual things that get people in trouble and you will not have any problems. I see the ATF Inspectors once every three years to renew my license. In an effort to stop me from licensing fireworks enthusiast, there is group of people that keep perpetuating this ATF is coming to get you stuff, they will search your house anytime they feel like it etc. I just do not hear of it happening without just cause.

Bazerk
12-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the response Dave. It's nice when the owner/proprietor of a product gets involved on a customer level. I am finding that to also be the case with the cobra firing system I am ordering from Scott. Either way, I intend on being on the up and up with the fireworks that's I purchase which is why I am going to apply. Once I am all squared away with the license I've got to find some place closer to me to buy my 1.3 product. I also purchased the book you recommended. The directory and sadly I'm not seeing much in the way of 1.3 in fl.

displayfireworks1
12-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I know there are a few pyrotalk forums members from Florida , hopefully they will contact you with private messages about pyro activity in the state of Florida. Here is a link to a Florida pyro club. Check it out.
https://www.fpag.org/

Kepplec
12-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Where in Florida are you?

Bazerk
12-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Where in Florida are you?

Im in Plantation/Ft Lauderdale.

Kepplec
12-09-2015, 06:56 PM
I don't know of any 1.3 down there. Here in Orlando there is four seasons. They have a large selection of consumer as well as 1.3 that goes with their display company.

Bazerk
12-10-2015, 08:24 AM
That's perfect! Driving out of state every year for product would suck. Orlando is a breeze! Do you purchase from them on your 1.3? I mainly interested in cakes but will get into shells up to 4in.