Westpapyro
11-20-2015, 02:43 PM
http://www.pyrofest.com

displayfireworks1
11-20-2015, 06:12 PM
This may be the earliest they ever announced Pyrofest. always a fun time

PyroJoeNEPA
11-21-2015, 02:25 PM
We won't make the mistake of buying VIP tickets this time! But, it was, overall, a really great time! Glad we were able to go. ...now, if only they could get PGI back there! :-(

displayfireworks1
11-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Rumor has it someone from the PGI said something to the owner of the Cooper Lake property to make him mad. Another rumor is the PGI did not like the site. I do not if both or none are true.

PyroManiacs
11-22-2015, 05:09 AM
Well, looks like yet another year I wont be going. They need a different date.

pyrola
11-22-2015, 11:57 AM

I am sure they will consider moving their entire event to fit your schedule :))

PyroJoeNEPA
11-22-2015, 05:34 PM

Putting a concert before Pyro? Shame on you!!!

Shooter
11-22-2015, 08:38 PM
We won't make the mistake of buying VIP tickets this time! But, it was, overall, a really great time! Glad we were able to go. ...now, if only they could get PGI back there! :-(

Can you explain what was the problem with the VIP tickets?

Northern Sky
11-22-2015, 08:46 PM

The biggest problem for me was the quality and quantity of food. It left a lot of room for improvement.

displayfireworks1
11-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Bring Ralph back to supply the food. He did the food for the first pyrofest in 2012. we were eating steak. I don't think any of us were expecting the light snack or whatever it was on Friday. If I remember right the meal on Saturday got a little better. I am not sure what company did the food , but I remember the food people looking frazzled on Friday night.

wpman321
11-22-2015, 11:47 PM
did anyone bring a camper? If so how were the facilities to hook up? Space? Easy to book? Web site says that you can't book till march and only a 100 camper sites which 50 are full hookup. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

PyroJoeNEPA
11-23-2015, 09:46 AM

Like Northern Sky said--the quality and quantity of food left a lot to be desired. Friday they ran out of food before everyone got something to eat--what was there was of very poor quality. Hot stuff was cold, poor and limited selection. Saturday was a little better ---but not much. Certainly not worth the $75.oo for VIP tickets--and the VIP seating area was a roped off section in front of the catering. You could put your lawn chairs right in front of the roped off area and have just as good a view as the VIP area.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-23-2015, 09:52 AM
did anyone bring a camper? If so how were the facilities to hook up? Space? Easy to book? Web site says that you can't book till march and only a 100 camper sites which 50 are full hookup. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
We purchased our tickets the day they went on sale & reserved our camping spots. We had two campers there [compared to three for PGI 2013] and were satisfied very with our site because we knew where we wanted to be & what we wanted in advance. Water & Shore Power were not an issue. They do not have sewage hookups where we were [I don't know if any are available] but for a small fee they bring the honey dipper out to empty your tanks if necessary.
This year we are renting a house off site.
If you want more specifics, PM me.

Wholesale Fireworks
11-23-2015, 02:58 PM
If you like to have a few cocktails while attending the event....VIP Tickets are the way to go. No lines and the beer was always cold! Parking was close... easy and quick exit after the event. I would never by anything but VIP again. The best part is you can come and go as you please to check out the rest of the vendors and events. Defiantly well worth the price. Last year was their first attempt and of course there were some hiccups, but over all, it was a great event. My wife and I are looking forward to going again this year. SEE IN THE VIP AREA!!!

Westpapyro
11-29-2015, 02:05 AM
I will only make it on Saturday again this year, the beach is calling me back, lol.

pyrola
12-16-2015, 05:35 PM
just saw on their Facebook there is a holiday special on tickets

displayfireworks1
12-16-2015, 08:51 PM
I see this year it is a Saturday and Sunday. Was last year a Friday and Saturday? I can not remember.

Fatboy
12-17-2015, 01:13 PM
I see this year it is a Saturday and Sunday. Was last year a Friday and Saturday? I can not remember.

I'm fairly certain you are correct. I was thinking about going in 2016 but have plans for Sunday that weekend.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-17-2015, 08:05 PM
It was held on May 22 & 23 2015 Friday & Saturday.

Shooter
01-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Just purchased my weekend pass for 25.00. Today is the last day of the 10% discount. I got the weekend pass bundle for military. There was a 2.50 fee for ordering online but, with the discount, the 2.50 fee was eliminated. I'm planning on primitive camping. Should I make reservations for this or, will it be ok to get a spot nearby on Friday evening before the event? This will be my first Pyrofest. Looks like another trip to Pa. for me. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you.

displayfireworks1
01-01-2016, 07:56 PM
When I told my wife the event is Sat/Sun instead of Fri/Sat. She thought that was a fabulous idea. She commented Sunday is "Family Day". According to my wife changing the days was a good thing.