PDA

View Full Version : What's New Today at Fire Art?

Fire Art
11-19-2015, 12:50 PM
We are pleased to announce that we now offer 2fa and 4fa black powder in one pound bottles!

Also we received a small shipment of Vulcan display shells.

Lastly, 3 meter e-match is back in stock.

bdc1211
11-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Whhhooooo hooooo! That's awesome Al! I can see those selling pretty quickly.

displayfireworks1
11-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Al, how are Black Powder sales handled, I believe you do not need and ATF license to purchase it? There is a Vulcan salute cake that really rocks, I forgot the name of it.

Fire Art
11-22-2015, 06:33 PM
You can purchase and store up to 50lbs of BP per year if it is being used for sporting or cultural purposes or in antique firearms or antique devices. Here is a link to a letter from the ATF reiterating the rules on purchase of black powder.

http://www.fireartcorp.com/pdf/Letter_on_BP_regulation.pdf

I believe the cake you are referring to is the Hammer Box. I am currently out but ACE Pyro has some for the moment.

If you are looking for a sweet salute cake, the 2" 50's Silver Tail to Report (15 sec.) from Lidu (LDD127) is really good.

http://www.acepyro.com/Shop/Details/0B1q7TexUqWbskQV

I have more coming in the spring, ACE Pyro has a couple left.

displayfireworks1
11-22-2015, 06:59 PM
After reading it there is another reason to have some form of ATF fireworks license. Although it looks like if you are using it for black powder weaponry or old cannons and such no license is needed. Last time I went to a gun show I talked to one of the sellers and he told me they are not permitted to sell black powder at gun shows. I thought that was funny, you can buy 20 handguns and all the bullets you want and walk out the door, but black powder sales are not permitted.
You were smart to have that ATF letter on the ACE website, the last time I linked to a letter on the ATF website they removed the page. The letter was to the PGI as it pertains to making fireworks. I'm still trying to find that letter.

UniversalPyro
11-30-2015, 10:13 PM
was there a law they had to put a color shell in that salute cake? just curious

CTPYRO
12-03-2015, 03:09 PM
was there a law they had to put a color shell in that salute cake? just curious

What salute cake is there that has a color shell in it? I know there are some with color and salute but not all salute with the last being color. Full cases from china have a color shell mixed in so it's not 1.1

PyroJoeNEPA
12-03-2015, 06:49 PM
What salute cake is there that has a color shell in it? I know there are some with color and salute but not all salute with the last being color. Full cases from china have a color shell mixed in so it's not 1.1

If you look at the video Al posted of the LDD127 it looks like the first shot is a color break and the rest are salutes. Very nice cake BTW!

CTPYRO
12-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Oh yes... the first break was color... I like that version over the 50 shot box that's about 30sec... but the Lidu 4sec salute box is even nastier... I used 3 of them at the end of a finale back in Oct..

Fire Art
12-04-2015, 04:11 PM
The 4 second ones we have are 2.5" . the 50 shot in the video is only 2"