PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack For 2016 Thunder Over Louisville

Shooter
10-27-2015, 07:25 PM
Doing something different for 2016.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30242445/orchestra-to-provide-soundtrack-for-thunder-over-louisville-fireworks

Tropmoore75
10-28-2015, 07:50 PM
How the hell have you been, Dave? You gotta come back up here before it snows and shoot some stuff. Have you ever thought about Joining NEOPG? less of a drive and i believe they have one open shoot left this season, I thought about joining, myself. Seems to be either we need to start a western PA Pyro club or something. Between the NLPC, PPA and NEOPG, there isnt much happening around pittsburgh. You would think there was more because of the amount of licensed individuals and companies within a stones throw of pittsburgh. I know you in Kentucky, but it seemed like you were in heaven on the Collier shoot :p What does kentucky have to offer club wise?

Looks like "Thunder" is going to be one hell of a show next year!

displayfireworks1
10-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Most of the so called pyrotechnic clubs in this area are where most of problems come from. Almost all the people trying to stop me and what I do are part of pyrotechnic clubs. I am not sure I would want to model something they are doing. I have a few ideas I toss around from time to time about how to organize something. I think you can see I expend a large amount of energy already on pyrotechnic activity. I am willing to work with someone. The answer is found in funding and charging for the event. There is only so much you can do with free help and free resources. If you can get the funding rolling it will be easy.

Tropmoore75
10-28-2015, 09:50 PM
I do not have a problem starting my own club or "partnering" with someone who enjoys Pyro. There is more that enough land around us to do so and also enough pyro lovers in "Law Enforcement" and fire, that will donate their time for said things. I am willing to go and do all the leg work in starting a club and running it with sane, trustworthy people. Is there a time to forgive and forget whats happened? I want to start something and enjoy Pyro stress free and drama free. I have enough friends that want to do this and probably a few vendors that would come aboard. Just want it drama free. Dave, I like a lot of what you do and i fully understand with that comes huge scrutiny and bad tastes, but can the future become brighter in our area without all the past dramas? If we are just enjoying pyro, supporting our vendors and actually learning something, what could that hurt? There are many ways we could start this, many things we could do to prohibit people that are trouble makers. you had a pretty large bunch of people help you with collier, they arent against you. what we do in our personal pyro adventures could def stay out of the mix, all have fun and eat great food and do what we all love.....sometimes more than our significant others, lol.

displayfireworks1
10-28-2015, 10:25 PM
No don't get me wrong I have a very large amount of supporters that are consumer fireworks enthusiast and ATF license holders , people in the business that sell fireworks and fireworks accessories support me as evidenced by my advertisers. There will not be a problem finding fireworks vendors to attend and sell fireworks. The model needs to get away from the club way of doing things. I have some ideas and a few other people do I am sure. I have the social network setup to spread the word, it can happen. This spring would be the time to pull it off. Let me give it some thought. The next phase of the fireworks hobby will start to occur in the near future. Most pyrotechnic clubs are resisting it and trying to hold onto the old ways. Its slowing progress. Without going into specifics you can start to see changes are occurring.

Tropmoore75
10-28-2015, 10:33 PM
I am willing to start from the ground up with you, I have many capabilities and may just have the perfect spot to do so just need to talk more with someone. Lets get together and talk about this? or is this solely your venture? I think some of us early middle age Pyros have a ton to offer.

Tropmoore75
10-28-2015, 10:39 PM
is there a way to start a private thread, besides a mass email clusterf$#k? like a behind the scenes topic that we can talk openly about without the fear of copycats or anti-noise?

Shooter
10-29-2015, 02:57 PM
How the hell have you been, Dave? You gotta come back up here before it snows and shoot some stuff. Have you ever thought about Joining NEOPG? less of a drive and i believe they have one open shoot left this season, I thought about joining, myself. Seems to be either we need to start a western PA Pyro club or something. Between the NLPC, PPA and NEOPG, there isnt much happening around pittsburgh. You would think there was more because of the amount of licensed individuals and companies within a stones throw of pittsburgh. I know you in Kentucky, but it seemed like you were in heaven on the Collier shoot :p What does kentucky have to offer club wise?

Looks like "Thunder" is going to be one hell of a show next year!

Hey Trop,
Sitting here in S.E. Kentucky and wanting to find ways of getting open shoots in my area. I've started the process by checking with my County Judge Advocate pertaining to any ordinances about fireworks. Came to find out he's a big pyro bug himself and like my presentation about doing these firework shoots. Said if he had the property, he would have let me use his land. Unfortunately, he doesn't and that is where I am at. Trying to find property big enough. There is nothing like this anywhere near me and, I think once I find some property, that it will be a big hit here. Most of the locals only shoot off fireworks during the 4th of July.

As far as clubs go, Bluegrass Pyrotechnical is the nearest to me and they mostly shoot in Indiana. There is a professional firework display operator in La Follette, Tn.. Pyro Show is their name, I believe. I've tried contacting them but they have never responded back. They do the Washington, D.C. 4th of July.

Ok, Trop, this a little embarrassing, but I can't remember your real name. I want to say Phil. Met so many at Dave's club and can't remember most. If you can make it to Louisville in April, this is one show all pyros should see. I used to go to all of them. But, since I moved to my current location, haven't been there in about twelve years.

Tropmoore75
10-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Haha it's tim

Shooter
10-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Phil sounds like Tim. LOL

displayfireworks1
10-29-2015, 09:12 PM
At Tropmoore75. I keep telling people there is no anti-fireworks group trying to stop anything I ever did. I never once heard a single complaint from any such organization. The only group trying to stop anything I ever did in pyrotechnics are other so called fireworks enthusiast. The fireworks enemy is not something external it is something from within the network so to speak. That may sound strange if you are now at this. If this ever happens there will not be any resistance from an imaginary "Anti-Fireworks Group". Making this happen is all about resources and time.

Tropmoore75
10-29-2015, 09:37 PM
I Fully understand what you are saying, I've been around the block more than you can imagine. Nothing ever ceases to amaze me........My direct question is the direction you want to go something you want to discuss or its solely a personal adventure?, I want to Partner with a few trustworthy people and make this happen. Like I said I want something worth something for the good people we have within our networks, have a fair system and something worth enjoying. I an asking you outright if this is something you want to get together and talk about? I would rather build a system to enjoy our hobbies together than it be a "follow my rules" type organization. By that I mean like minds together building around sim ideas and using the resources around us. You dont know me very well, but in time I am sure you would trust me. Actions are always louder than words. I know a great spot very close to washington county, and believe that the activities we would engage in would be supported by local officials and also the fire company and police. So if there is a future you would like to talk about, /I would like to start speaking with these channels to lay the ground work now.

Tropmoore75
11-17-2015, 03:09 AM
Guess thats a big NO?

displayfireworks1
11-17-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm confused where we are at with this but it sounds like you want to have a fireworks event? If that is the case don't start on the third step. start with the first step. Find that property you are mentioning , get a simple fireworks permit. Give us an advanced notice as much as possible. Then we will get some of us on the property and shoot some fireworks to see how it goes. Don't ask for a permit to have a major event if this property has never had fireworks. Find a site I will be there and bring some product, I would imagine several other will also show up.

Tropmoore75
11-17-2015, 10:40 PM
I wanted to make it a group effort, make it something thats often at least a fall an possibly a july shoot. like every 6 months. I also wanted to discuss some ideas.

displayfireworks1
11-17-2015, 11:08 PM
The first step is to get a fireworks permit on a piece of property in Pennsylvania. You said you know a property in Washington County Pennsylvania. Not sure what township the site is . Talk, write, look on the township website etc for fireworks permit. Tell them it is for a small private celebration. Pick a day. I'll come out in the dead of winter to shoot something on the site I don't care. I'm sure others will also. Invite the fire department. If you get the first permit we will network with the fire department and local people from there. Remind them you have an ATF license and all product used will be legally purchased.
The intent to have regular get togethers is always there and will easily fall into place once the property is approved. See what you can do with that property. If it is Cecil , Canton or Charters Township I have some experience with permits in these districts.

Wholesale Fireworks
11-19-2015, 11:37 AM
2016 Thunder....Lets hope the water level is lower next year and they don't have to move the barges. I went down for the first time this year and was pretty disappointed. The whole party atmosphere of the city was awesome but the show was hard to see and wasn't anything like I thought it would be. I will give it another shot in 2016 and hopefully it will live up to its reputation in 2016

Shooter
11-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Ray, I can honestly say that Thunder is the best display I have ever witnessed in the U.S. Last year was a hiccup due to the flooding. Hopefully, the weather cooperates this year. I plan to attend this year. Used to go regularly.

Wholesale Fireworks
11-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Shooter
I have heard nothing but good things about THUNDER and that is why I will give it another shot next year. BUT I have to say Pyrofest in PA on memorial Day weekend was incredible and was way better than THUNDER this year. The great thing is that we get to see them both again next year! Check out Pyrofest next year if you get a chance, you wont be sorry. Looking forward to both.

Shooter
11-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Ray, I will take your word for Pyrofest. I will have to try to attend it.