PDA

View Full Version : type 54 renewal?

rppyro
10-12-2015, 07:33 PM
I've had my type 54 license for 2.5 years and I know they are good for three years. How do you go about renewing them? Do I go online, does an atf guy interview you again? Any help is appreciated. Also, is it odd that I have never had an atf agent show up at my house after receiving the type 54 permit?

displayfireworks1
10-12-2015, 08:46 PM
There is nothing odd happening. expect don't call them ATF Agent, call them ATF Inspector. As far as the Inspector coming to house after you received your license. you may have heard the propaganda from people trying to stop me from getting hobbyist licensed. It usually goes something along the lines of, the ATF can search your house anytime they want. If you are a Type 54 holder they normally pay you a visit every three years just before your license/permit comes up for renewal. As that date approaches you will get a renewal in the mail. Send in your payment, be prepared to update your contingency information, have your records of purchase from the prior three years ready for review in case they ask for them. They may ask for them all , they may ask for just one or they may not ask for them at all. Finding it odd they do not show up at your house randomly is actually normal, I tell people if they are coming to your house , they will have a reason.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Ditto on everything Dave said. Last time mine renewed the Inspector came & looked over my paperwork for my 1.3 purchases, told me I needed to update my contingency letter [which I did via an email to her office] , & asked me if anything changed or if I had any questions. Total meeting was less than a half hour with part of that just small talk.

algrant1
10-13-2015, 01:04 PM
I have had my permit for 3 years and I just went through the renewal process.
An Inspector has come to my house once unannounced to go over the regulations and look at my documentation. This happened just before July 4th. They have been friendly and have had no issues. I received my renewal information about 3 months prior to my expiration. Just make sure you fill out all the appropriate forms. I forgot to fill out and send one form back which delayed my permit.