PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotalk fans everywhere

Melp
10-04-2015, 08:30 PM
This past week I was in texas on business, I was also able to visit my daughter in austin. Me and the wife started in austin doing some shopping with my daughter, I sat outside while the girls were in the stores. I happened to be wearing my pyrotalk tee shirt and I had two guys come up to me and talk to me about the site. They said they visit the site sometimes up to three times a week. Later that day we drove to dallas and I had three more people come up and comment on my shirt it was amazing how many people are on this site and how nice they were.:cool::cool:

displayfireworks1
10-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Thank you for that feedback. I am very fortunate to have people following my videos and website. I put a lot of work into it, but it would not be fun unless someone enjoyed it. When I attend an event like Pyrofest people randomly come up me and tell me they follow my videos. Ray at wfboom said almost everyday someone comes in the store and say they saw him in my video. The ATF fireworks license feedback continues to come in all the time with more and more enthusiast advancing into the hobby. While I hit a few bumps along the way overall the goals have been met. The problem for me currently is I feel I need to move into a new direction, I have a few ideas I am tossing around about what that new direction will be.

Shooter
10-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Dave, I personally would like to see you do a video tutorial on everything involved in producing a pyromusical. From music selection and editing, scripting the show, numbering and position layout of fireworks, and setup of the show. Highly detailed!

Melp
10-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Dave
I was so surprised to have people come right up to me and start to talk about the videos and discussion board and how many times a week they check in to see if anything has been posted new. As I have only had a cobra for less than a year I agree that a detailed video on scripting and musical would be awesome. The biggest thing that I keep looking for is the how to do things (fusing, ematch, racks,) anything for a how to do things. Maybe even a complete and detailed safety video, clothing hard hats, how to lite shells showing different methods. Just some ideas I know I would watch.
I have been offered to be a lead shooter for a large company here in Michigan, I would say you had a lot to do with that. I still want to take two more safety classes. I should have a 4 man crew put together by summer Im only missing one guy and he has to have a has mat endorsement to transport 1.3 for the jobs. I hope to see you again at pyrofest next summer

displayfireworks1
10-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Those are all great ideas for videos. I hear these same comments in emails from around the country and various parts of the world. I have no shortage of ideas for pyrotechnic videos and tutorials, its like a never ending flow of pyrotechnic inspiration in my head. Just as you said you started watching my videos , now you have an ATF license , your own magazine and now you soon will be working for a professional company. I would love to make one video after another and spend time documenting the making of a pyromusical etc. These things take time and money. Particularly if I am going to post it for others to see for free. That is why I am looking for my next direction. Do you I start to sell videos, do I look for sponsorship from a fireworks company, try to obtain more advertisers, private label fireworks, etc. While what I do is staying in the financial black and the decisions I made brought me to this point, will those same decisions bring me past this point and into the future.

Shooter
10-07-2015, 12:34 PM
I don't know what your membership total nor how many are actually active, but speaking for myself, I would pay a membership fee, as long as it was reasonable, and the forum and videos stayed updated regularly.

Melp
10-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Ill keep checking in to see whats new and if you find a new direction to go in. Im sure you will have fun in whatever direction you go in