PDA

View Full Version : NLPC Open Shoot - October 24th, Brookville PA OFFICIAL THREAD

bdc1211
10-03-2015, 06:27 AM
Ok everyone……I know, I am "a little late to the party" with this thread, but here it is anyway.....

I'm hosting an NLPC open shoot at my place October 24th and all are welcome to join us. Below is Tim J.'s post on Pyro U.

"The NLPC will be hosting another western PA event on October 24th in the Pittsburgh area at one of our member's homestead (I'll let him give out the details when he sees fit). Open shooting will be allowed and there is one show scheduled. Mattrod's MAFF display that wasn't able to be fired in April will come to life at this event. This show alone will make the trip worth while, not counting all the other fun. More details to follow so check back in a couple of weeks."

There is a shoot fee for this event. $40 for non-members and $20 for members. We will be collecting fees at the shoot site. But keep in mind that there is no fee if you just want to come and watch!

So, the address is...

1767 Seneca Trail
Brookville, PA 15825.

Its 3 miles off of I-80. Really easy to get too. We do have some local hotels; Super 8 and a Quality inn. Those two are 3 miles from the shoot site. But, if a 20 minute drive isn't out of the question for you there are all kinds of options in DuBois or Clarion. If anyone would prefer, you are more than welcome to camp as well. Unfortunately, the two RV spots I have are taken. But there is plenty of ground to pitch a tent if inclined. We will have porta-johns there but that's about it as far as that sort of thing goes. My number is 814-553-7575 if you have any questions you can call or text me. My email address is bcraig@brookvillecorp.com.

There will be a shoot fee for this event. But, Timmy J. mentioned this….the crew that came down to MAFF and helped set up/tear down Matts show, "HAIR ON FIRE", will be exempt from the shoot fee.

Keep this in mind……my buddy Gary and I have been working on a little something for this…..so if you have any objections to being deafened, blinded or burnt, you might as well stay home! Hahahahahahahahahaahaha!!!

As of right now, there are 4 pyro-musicals scheduled for the night. Also, the plan is to have areas for the following activities.....

- Ground bombs
- 1.4 open shooting
- 1.3 open shooting
- Display area
- Vending
Kneppy's(taking pre-orders. Best way to get ahold of Kneppy's is either call - or email (No PMs PLEASE) jknepp1954@yahoo.com or jknepp@kneppysfireworks.com www.kneppysfireworks.com
Fire Art (taking pre-orders for delivery to the shoot site, 1.3 & 1.4). Will be vending 1.4 as well. Pre-orders no later than 10/22/15 so I have time to get the list to Al. We will be ordering product on my 54 so currently I am at 20% discount.
XFX Pyrotechnics (offering 15% discount on anything in their Xbrand product line, for pre-orders and delivery to the shoot site) pre-orders no later than 10/22/15 so I have time to get the list to XFX by the 22nd.
IPC coachtimmyj is taking pre-orders for his awesome single shot racks.
Steele MFG is taking pre-orders for liquid fuel mine tubes and kick ass fire rings. PM email me or PM me for more details.

So, send an email to me, bdc1211@hotmail.com and let me know what you want to pre-order. Any 1.3 delivered to the shoot site under my 54 must be shot on site that day. It cannot be taken off site or transported. If you have your 54 and want to transport, you can contact the vendors directly to work out details.

This is really the first time I have ever attempted something of this scale, so let's hope all goes well!

Thanks to everyone and hope to see alot of people there.

Brian Craig

jknepp1954
10-03-2015, 09:55 AM
as we have said = we will be there - along with my prize winning KILLER CHILI!

bdc1211
10-03-2015, 09:59 AM
as we have said = we will be there - along with my prize winning KILLER CHILI!

Sorry Joyce, I will add that you will be there.

Westpapyro
10-03-2015, 01:13 PM
For those of you that don't know Brian, he is one heck of a pyro, and a truly great friend. I have shot at his house and other places with him many times. Don't be shy if going to Fireart demo, he will be there putting on the Fireball seminar. His place shoot is two weeks after that, it is an NLPC event with a small shoot fee but hope to see ya there...
Chuck

bdc1211
10-03-2015, 10:22 PM
For those of you that don't know Brian, he is one heck of a pyro, and a truly great friend. I have shot at his house and other places with him many times. Don't be shy if going to Fireart demo, he will be there putting on the Fireball seminar. His place shoot is two weeks after that, it is an NLPC event with a small shoot fee but hope to see ya there...
Chuck

Thanks for the kind words Brother! A truly great friend you are indeed!

As Chuck mentioned, we will be doing a Liquid Fuel Mine seminar at the Fire Art demo/open shoot starting at 5:30. Please feel free to join us. We love to talk about these and we especially love to shoot them.

So, if fireballs are your thing, make sure you at least show up at dark to see the pyro-musicals that are scheduled. There will be all kinds of them there!!!!

displayfireworks1
10-04-2015, 09:29 PM
When you say you are hosting event, is the event on your private property? I like the idea of paying the fee to enter as opposed to club yearly membership dues.

bdc1211
10-04-2015, 09:40 PM
When you say you are hosting event, is the event on your private property? I like the idea of paying the fee to enter as opposed to club yearly membership dues.
Dave, the event is held on my property. There is a fee to pay that goes back to the club that is paid at the shoot site.

displayfireworks1
10-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Maybe I wrote that wrong. I did not mean to imply the money was going to you. I was curious who owned the property. I may be off during that weekend, since you own the property, I may be free that weekend and want to attend. Is the event open for everyone so to speak?

PGH_Pyro
10-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Brookville is not in the Pittsburgh area ... just sayin' ... it's 2 hours at least, away ...
sounds like a good time ... wish I could attend .

Fire Art
10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Brookville is not in the Pittsburgh area ... just sayin' ... it's 2 hours at least, away ...
sounds like a good time ... wish I could attend .

Hour closer to you than my place, just a little further than Kellners. If you can find a way I would suggest you try to make it. The shows are gonna be killer.

PGH_Pyro
10-05-2015, 07:57 PM
hmmm ... now you've got me scheming and intrigued ...:rolleyes:

bdc1211
10-05-2015, 08:23 PM
hmmm ... now you've got me scheming and intrigued ...:rolleyes:

Go north on 28 1-1/2 hours and take a right on Seneca trail. Go 1 mile and you are there. Seriously tho, when we go to Heinz field it's 1-1/2 hours. Not too bad of a drive.

PGH_Pyro
10-06-2015, 07:20 PM
ok, thanks for the info ...

jknepp1954
10-26-2015, 05:34 AM
Brian - thanks so much for hosting this shoot. this was an awesome site - although i imagine got kinda slick going up and down that hillside after a while.
Thanks so much for supplying a tent for us vendors to set up under - it really saved the day.
Tell the folks at XFX that the awesome food spread was just that - AWESOME! very much appreciated.
And those shows WOW - they were all awesome.
MATT - was well worth the 6+ month wait for your awesome show. and the tribute to Wild Willie - well lets just say my eyes got kinda soggy....

PGH_Pyro
10-27-2015, 03:42 PM
i hope to make it up to that next year. i will never forget NLPC's star-spangled banner pyro show @ PGI 2013 . bad ass .

Northern Sky
10-27-2015, 05:32 PM
It was quite the show and only took us four days to assemble Lol.