PDA

View Full Version : Hello fom Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Bobby Peru
09-15-2015, 10:22 PM
hi everyone.

I posted a thread under the consumer fireworks section but figured I may as well post one here as well.

I'm 43 and I can't get enough fireworks. They were always around when I was a kid but I grew out of it as I got older. But now I have a son of my own and I'm definitely enjoying it more and more when I see him enjoy it. Plus I'm teaching him the proper ways to enjoy them since that's how I was taught growing up. SAFETY FIRST!! I've also been considering finding a display company near my area and asking if they would like any help setting up. I'd do it for free, just to learn more.

Anyway, great site. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Be well

tastybunns
09-16-2015, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forums. I hope you find the work you want to do!

Fire Art
09-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Woohoo, more people in PA!!! You guys should come out to my Open Shoot on 10/10 to scratch that pyro itch!

Al

PyroManiacs
09-17-2015, 08:33 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Bobby Peru
09-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone! That open shoot sounds good but I have other commitments on that day. Keep me in mind for any future in PA

Thanks

Pyromight
09-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the forum

PyroJoeNEPA
09-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Bobby. LOTS of Pyros here in NEPA. You may want to look into getting in a Pyro Club. Both the PA Pyro Artists & CrackerJacks have several events each year here in PA.

Pyro_Rich
02-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Hi Bobby,

I have room for another crew member for shows in New York City and Northern New Jersey.
Not sure how far that is for you..

If interested drop me an email at: pyrotech.work@gmail.com

Richie

pyrotech5
02-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Please do not work for display companies for free. If you are injured on the site and can not work at your regular job the display company will not pay your bills. Safety first means you do not work for free on a pro display.Ever. Any display company you work for must train you first and have a ATF employee possessor for you if you handle the fireworks. The fireworks show is 10 - 20 minutes long, the back breaking lifting, loading, unloading lasts 6 - 12 hrs. It's not as kewl as you think and if you don't do physical work for a living the chance of injury is increased .

displayfireworks1
02-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Give people some kind of idea where you are located in Pennsylvania if they want to contact you for help. At least what county you are from. If I remember on the Employee Possessor form , you can work a display before you are cleared but you at least have to complete the application. I know some pyro companies will hold your pay until you at least complete the form. I hired guys on crews before they were cleared but they must complete the Employee Possessor form, I then turn it in along with the display paperwork

Pyro_Rich
02-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Please do not work for display companies for free. If you are injured on the site and can not work at your regular job the display company will not pay your bills. Safety first means you do not work for free on a pro display.Ever. Any display company you work for must train you first and have a ATF employee possessor for you if you handle the fireworks. The fireworks show is 10 - 20 minutes long, the back breaking lifting, loading, unloading lasts 6 - 12 hrs. It's not as kewl as you think and if you don't do physical work for a living the chance of injury is increased .

Pyrotech5, Very good point.

With the busiest season being summer you can also count on this work being done in the blistering sun..
It's definitely hard work and not something you do for free.