PDA

View Full Version : TheChemist45 died March 14, 2013

displayfireworks1
09-12-2015, 07:51 PM
This is of course late news occurring in 2013. His name has been mentioned from time to time in pyro circles. He was an avid knowledgeable collector of antique firecrackers. I was just informed of his dead and wanted to pass it along.
Obituary
DeCaro, Michael Jr
.Michael DeCaro Jr. born March 8, 1953, son of the late Michael DeCaro Sr. and Evelyn DeCaro Racine, passed away unexpectedly on March 14, 2013 at Broomall Hospital, Broomall, PA. He is survived by his mother Evelyn DeCaro Racine of Naugatuck, CT., Sisters Antoinette Woodley Labak of Coolidge, AZ, Louise Carasone of Seymour, CT., MaryAnn DeCaro and Virginia Diaz of Naugatuck, CT., Michelle DeCaro of Meriden, CT., Danielle DeCaro of Philadelphia, PA. Several nieces and nephews.Memorial service to be held Friday, May 10, 2013 from 5-7 P.M. at Funeraria Luz de Paz (Peaceful Light Funeral Home), 426 East Washington Ave, Bridgeport CT. Friends and family are welcome to attend. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ctpost/obituary.aspx?pid=164692658#sthash.ltsd2RfI.dpuf
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ctpost/obituary.aspx?pid=164692658
His YouTube channel with last video in 2012
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChemist45/videos
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/JqEuX0b3JnM/maxresdefault.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lj9yrhXA99I/hqdefault.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/bbql7z55ZQT-mHcAE2SRS5eY26mYlfpqiLPW1rSD666yXJVEDZ7r5lhO-az--eCxM_BuxfePkpVJCcApuAKswRm7KBU=w426-h320-n
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ud1DD9WB10Q/hqdefault.jpg
My favorite video from him was Plasti-Dip Cherry Bombs. It looks like he may have removed it.

PGH_Pyro
09-13-2015, 10:59 AM
very entertaining vids

skyhighsd
09-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Wow, I always wondered what happened to him and why he removed almost all of his videos. RIP

displayfireworks1
09-20-2015, 06:43 PM
It would be interesting to know where all of his firecracker collection ended up. I know we have a few firecracker collectors on the forums , maybe they know something. Most firecracker collectors try to keep a low profile. Not sure how many people know this, all firecrackers from prior to the mid 70's that contain more than 50 mg of composition have to be kept in an approved magazine. Unless the ATF changed the ruling on this lately. I sure it is a low priority enforcement for them.
I talked with a big firecracker collector about doing a video and he did not want to because of the magazine storage issue.

PyroJoeNEPA
09-20-2015, 06:53 PM
I was saddened to hear of his passing. He was a very knowledgeable fellow with some great videos! --a bit on the eccentric side--but what pyro is not eccentric in one way or another? It is what makes us what & who we are. RIP Sir!

displayfireworks1
10-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I went back through some of my old emails from 2012/2013 and found some pictures he sent me of his firecracker collection. He mentioned some names in the emails and working with someone on a book about firecrackers. Here is an unlisted video with some of the pictures. I am still wondering where his collection ended up. He was a member on the pyrotalk forums until someone made fun of him to the point he just did not want to post. Looking back over the emails I see I sent him a pyrotalk shirt and the large decorative Black Cat tube from my video "I won some Black Cat fireworks".
Here are the pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM_WUnyuy_s

NWPA
10-11-2015, 08:33 PM
This was a guy who truly loved fireworks. I often wondered [in watching his videos] if he was ill. He appeared frail,and when the camera panned around what appeared to be his bedroom, the night stand next to the bed had numerous prescription medicine bottles. Rest in peace Mike, I'll light one for you.

PGH_Pyro
10-12-2015, 12:46 AM
he did have some type of chronic illness . some sort of blood disease, I believe .

displayfireworks1
10-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Short unlisted video tribute for the memory of Chemist45, inventor of the Plasti-Dip Cherry Bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgbYmdMYmY

PGH_Pyro
10-13-2015, 11:16 AM
on one occasion, I saw/heard a few of his plasti-dip hyper-flash cherries pop off and yeah ... wow . nice bangers !

countryboy7978
10-23-2015, 08:21 PM
The Chemist (Mike D.)is not dead. I have friends that talk to him on the regular. He's very much alive.

mrmojorisin
10-23-2015, 08:24 PM
This is not the chemist's obit. he is not dead. the chemist was born in the 60s. The chemist is on Facebook and he posted in December 2014 which is after this obit. plus people have spoken to the chemist recently.

mrmojorisin
10-23-2015, 08:25 PM
HA! we posted almost the same time countryboy!

pyropep
10-23-2015, 08:48 PM
Wouldn't that be the inventor of Shrapnel Throwers

countryboy7978
10-23-2015, 08:52 PM
HA! we posted almost the same time countryboy!

LOL!! I haven't been on here in a while but had to reply to this thread.

displayfireworks1
10-23-2015, 08:55 PM
I actually have is cell phone number and was going to verify the story reported to me. I didn't think it would be proper to call. Are you saying he is not dead? Can it be another rone with a similar name and love for fireworks and rockets?

displayfireworks1
10-23-2015, 10:18 PM
To update this post. Thechemist45 is very much alive I spoke to him on the phone. He was actually enjoying this post. Without going into detail why, when a person died with the exact same name as his , he used that as an opportunity to allow people to believe he was dead. He has a reason why he wants certain people to believe he is dead. You can't make this shit up right. He started to explain it to me but to honest he talks to dam much and I don't have time tonight to listen. For now I will tell you he is alive. He has an account on pyrotalk. I invited him to post if he desires to do so.
I said I needed some drama on my website, I guess I got my wish. First the DDOS attack on the site and now this. LOL

PyroJoeNEPA
10-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Boy, you never know what you are going to see posted on here! LOL! Hope you start to post again Chemist--glad you are still with us!

countryboy7978
10-25-2015, 10:41 PM
I actually miss some of the vids from the Chemist. While some stuff in the vids was up for debate, the genuine interest and love for fireworks was great to see.

displayfireworks1
10-25-2015, 11:02 PM
He is welcome to post videos here if he wishes. He has an account here and he knows how to use it. I just verified his password with him. I should be upset at him for allowing us to think he was dead. He said he had a good reason to make people believe he was dead. How strange is that, someone with your exact name dies and you use that as an opportunity to be dead so to speak. With a guy like him you have to send email or get him to post on the forums. His stories are too long winded and fragmented on the phone. He is however extremely knowledgeable about these old firecracker and ground salutes. I usually started his videos at the 10 second mark so I did not have to hear that Hellooooooo YouTube at the beginning of his videos. If he does decide to post again it should make for some interesting reading. I'll try to encourage him to post something if we don't hear from him in 10 days. That is unless he dies..... again. LOL

PGH_Pyro
10-27-2015, 03:44 PM
oh shit ... wow, whaddya know ??!!
mike ... speak up !
miss those vids .
:confused:

thechemist45
10-29-2015, 12:38 AM
That is not true Dave. Someone told me about it and called me a week or so ago. I dI'd not plan anything So people would think I'm dead! It HAPPENED CAUSE PEOPLE Make Up Story's WITHOUT Seeing if There correct! So I just said Leave it be not to make a announcement that many already knew. And now you went and almost started a story that I planned it lol When I knew nothing until 2 weeks ago.I've been busy with lots of things and don't have time to. Do a channel that people argue on. And say this is right or wrong. Anyway I will pop in now and then best regards chemist45

ilovecrackle
10-29-2015, 04:00 PM
That is not true Dave. Someone told me about it and called me a week or so ago. I dI'd not plan anything So people would think I'm dead! It HAPPENED CAUSE PEOPLE Make Up Story's WITHOUT Seeing if There correct! So I just said Leave it be not to make a announcement that many already knew. And now you went and almost started a story that I planned it lol When I knew nothing until 2 weeks ago.I've been busy with lots of things and don't have time to. Do a channel that people argue on. And say this is right or wrong. Anyway I will pop in now and then best regards chemist45

Glad your ok. Unfortunately these days, people can't help but talk about others, even if they don't have all the true facts about a situation. This thread is a perfect example of it. It's just human nature i guess. haha
But again, glad none of it is true and you are ok. :cool:

VintagePyro
10-29-2015, 04:11 PM
I miss your informative videos being updated..... Sucks the few have to ruin it for the masses.

NWPA
10-29-2015, 06:16 PM
This was a guy who truly loved fireworks. I often wondered [in watching his videos] if he was ill. He appeared frail,and when the camera panned around what appeared to be his bedroom, the night stand next to the bed had numerous prescription medicine bottles. Rest in peace Mike, I'll light one for you.
Seems fitting that this pops up now, just before Halloween, "The night of the living dead". Glad that was a false story. I'll still light one for you!

thechemist45
10-29-2015, 07:02 PM
I miss your informative videos being updated..... Sucks the few have to ruin it for the masses.That's exactly true about a few bad apples. Hobby are supposed to be fun. And when they stop being fun because people start saying and posting dumb useless stuff. It.takes the fun right out of it. Also my main computer crashed like in 2013 And I been using a new samsung galaxy 5 note. I got to get a laptop cause I tried uploading a photo last night onto the forum and my phone wouldn't do it. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it is because my new phone isn't compatible with the new adobe flashplayer.

thechemist45
10-29-2015, 07:06 PM
My Room may be in need of some organizeation. But those are just antibiotics for a tooth I had. Otherwise I'm very much alive. And I donto have a blood disease thank God lol. Thanks Mike

thechemist45
10-29-2015, 07:15 PM
I miss your informative videos being updated..... Sucks the few have to ruin it for the masses.That's exactly true about a few bad apples. Hobby are supposed to be fun. And when they stop being fun because people start saying and posting dumb useless stuff. It.takes the fun right out of it. Also my main computer crashed like in 2013 And I been using a new samsung galaxy 5 note. I got to get a laptop cause I tried uploading a photo last night onto the forum and my phone wouldn't do it. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it is because my new phone isn't compatible with the new adobe flashplayer.

thechemist45
10-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks bro Dam someone dies and someone called me like two weeks ago and told me. And said many already knew it wasn't true. So I just didn't want to go on all the sites I've been on and make a announcement lol. And all my friends know I'm alive. And with all the drama lol people Know lol I never get into Peoples personal life. We meet and talk on forums cause of a common bond we all have for a hobby. And how can I apologize for not being dead when I didn't know myself! Lol Thanks for careing thechemist45

displayfireworks1
10-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Sorry for misinterpreting the recent past events. Glad you posted and I am also glad to continue to have you be part of pyrotalk. I know back in 2011 some people made those same bad comments towards you and chased you away. I always regretted not intervening when that happened. Hopefully that will not occur again. Those people are no longer members of pyrotalk. Over the years I welcomed pyro enthusiast of all varieties to comment here, from the fire boom users of the Netherlands to the most professional pyrotechnic operators. Something for you to consider is making unlisted YouTube videos and embedding them on the pyrotalk forums. This will allow your video to play but not be searchable or visible on YouTube. You may also make a free post picture account on pyrotalk in the "Post Photo". Once the pictures are uploaded they can be embedded on your forums post. That should allow you to still use your phone.
Here is the link to pyrotalk picture upload. Make a new free account
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/
Here is a video that explains posting videos and pictures. I see I made this two years ago, I need to make a new one. It does give you an idea how to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfub5wFydII
I want you to be aware of one complaint I heard against you that may or may not be valid. I was told by an anonymous source that your videos are showing postage boxes with name and addresses on them. I do not know if that is true or not. Either way I would suggest you destroy any postage package your receive and use another box to store your items. I am sure you know all the reason why that may be a good idea.

countryboy7978
10-29-2015, 11:48 PM
Hey Chem,

I hope someday you revive the channel. I miss your crazy videos. I'll be the first one to man up and say I don't always agree with some of the things but pyro is a very mysterious hobby with lots of legends, myths and hearsay. The very nature of the legality of fireworks and the mostly underground hobby of manufacturing and collecting sometimes makes for differing opinions. I will always be one to state my side but I will also listen to what others have to say. And if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Since I haven't had any negative business dealings with you I harbor no ill will. Best wishes to you and I hope to see you back in action. We never got to see everything in that last big box of collectibles you started to show.