View Full Version : Recent feedback displayfireworks1 videos

displayfireworks1
08-16-2015, 06:57 PM
From time to time I will share some feedback I receive from my YouTube subscribers. I must say I rarely receive negative comments from my YouTube subscribers, most are positive, often they tell me how they are advancing their backyard displays or obtaining an ATF license. Here is a most recent example from the state of California. I removed the name from the posting., otherwise it is posted as I received it. .
Hi Dave. My name is Jxxxxxx. First things first, I wanted to thank you for your educational, display, and informational videos !!!! I have always loved fireworks and at least shoot every July 4th and New Years if not randomly, but earlier this year I came across your videos. I think your videos are so informational and are really enjoyable to watch ! I really really enjoy watching your shows and points of views on things. Actually I was kinda irritated that I hadn't see any of them before. I have watched over 200-250 or even more of them in about 2 months. I'm very impressed with your dedication to sharing your knowledge of fireworks and I hope to one day achieve a status, success, or level of fireworks professionalism that it seems you have. Since I started watching displayfireworks1 my level of knowledge has doubled, tripled or more and I went from hand lighting 5-7 consumer fused single tube artillery shells to 2x 20 shot "V" mortar racks , 2x 10 shot straight up racks, and 3x 15 shot "FAN" racks all e-matched with your pin board set up and demonstration. I'm a carpenter so I designed and build the racks just before the 4th this year. A July 4th party next door lead to a small professional fireworks display company owner happen to see my racks, set-up, layouts, and my "PYRO HEADQUARTERS" and said that its one of the cleanest, safe and just cool looking set up he has seen from a hobby fireworks shooter my age in a long time if at all. I told him I got all my ideas, rack layouts, e-firing, and safety precautions from "DAVE (DISPLAYFIREWORKS1) pyro talk.com!! Pictures where taken and actually a local firefighter friend of his came to see as well and it was one of my best and proudest fireworks moments ever!! I fired my little show using Diablo canister shells, 2" salutes, and few mixed in Double break 2" ball shells. I even had gotten my hands on some cakes from Lynch Imports(100 shot color thunder kings) which I kept quite about. It was amazing! So..... Thank you !!!

The best part of this story is that I live in California !!! (Bay Area ). I'm fortunate enough to live in an area of 3 to 4 separate towns that fire a suprising amount fireworks. I mean for being in one of the worst states for a fireworks lover like me I lucky. There is 500g cakes popping off everywhere until 3 am consistently back to back. It is a blessing from God cause I love living here but I really would move out of state if I couldn't even shoot twice a year. It's still risky and I have been swarmed by police at least 1 a year, except this last 4th. I'm so disappointed that I live where I can't just blow up my fireworks. I practice safety and shoot responsibly but California is rediculous and only cares about money! I'm actually considering leaving this winter or early next year.

I resently watched your videos about getting caught and also the California government meetings on fireworks. I find myself so angry about the guy from TNT, and all the legal crap in this state. TNT is making millions and millions of these "safe and sane tents! A 4$ or 5$ fountain is ups old to unknowingly residents for 20$-30$ and I go to these tents and it makes me sick. Every year I get asked to leave from at least a few of them cause I can't help but get into it with these guys claiming charity fireworks isn't big business for large corporate fireworks companies and... Wow. It's so wrong. TNT really is just taking advantage of local laws and your absolutely right Dave, they are lobbying in local courts and "gifting", or "locally contributing funds" to local politicians for continued outlaw of "dangerous" fireworks. Its just SICKNING! When I was attending college I studied in some great depth, as a final project, this cycle of "charitable firework sales" and

How and where the funds where distributed and just about every time it lead me to a multi million dollar houses or corporations and politicians and city leaders that shut me down, slammed doors in my face, or just said that its confusing for a student to understand. Belive me, I'm smart enough to k ow when I smell bullshit or redirecting tacktics. I'm really disappointed with my local government and the money driven things that can happen.

Anyways... I can go on and on cause I love my fireworks so much and it just pisses me off. I go online and watch videos of perils going and buying fireworks and enjoying ridding them without risk of fines, confiscations, or arrest and I can literally get angry that California is where it is I this issue. It's to bad cause there is alots good things a out being here and I'm proud to be a Cali. native but I'm starting to become more than an firework enthusiast and want to continue my education of pyrotechnics.

Thank you again for all that you have done for me through your online co tribute one and I would absolutely love to talk to you some day. Hope that
.Second part of email
I hope that you continue to share your fireworks experiences with all of us out there and the online world cause it really changed my fireworks and help me move to the next level. I appreciate it and I'm forward to seeing more videos!!
Also.....
Check out my mortar racks. Putting together a descriptive features list with pictures and videos very soon. I have been told by several people (some in the fireworks business) that I should consider selling these racks. I can design and build them fairly fast and I have added some additional features to them and would love to know what u thought about it ! I sold a 20 shot rack to a Display professional I meet earlier this year, for his personal use at home for almost double or triple over online websites. Might as well look cool as hell while shooting mortars, lol.
But just having a blast learning and e-firing and learning more everyday!!

Thanks again!!
XXXXX XXXXX

Sent from my iPhone