PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Montana

MontanaMike
08-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Hi, my name's Mike and I'm from eastern Montana.

I've been doing neighborhood fireworks shows with my buddy Keith for about 15 or 20 years. We skipped a few years when Keith became a dad, but now his little girl is turning into a fireworks fan as well... she likes fuses almost as much as we do! We usually make a "pilgrimage" to Cheyenne WY for our stash, since there are 3 great fireworks stores all within a few feet of each other. We started off entertaining people from our families but now we get our whole neighborhood involved.

We just got into e-firing this year and purchased a Cobra system with 3 modules, 18R2 remote and the Audio Box. This year we did two shows for two separate groups -- the first one was all manual fired, and the second was our main show, much bigger with script and music. Needless to say the system worked fantastically and our audience went crazy for our show. Lots of comments saying our show was better than the local "city" show (since we had music and a much faster pace). The best news is, now our wives our totally onboard with our show as opposed to just "enduring" it before. Even though our show went well I know there is a lot of room for improvement for next year.

I've been reading this forum for a while and have watched alot of Dave's videos, and am impressed with all the knowledge and enthusiasm here. Hoping to "graduate" to wholesale fireworks for 2016 -- the winter can't go fast enough!

PyroManiacs
08-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Mike!

chriskrc
08-12-2015, 07:26 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk. Great to meet you.

fatcat
08-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Welcome to PT. Glad to have you on board. Is Montana considered a "fireworks friendly" state or do they have limited sales, limited times for useage etc. Always thought it was a beautiful state and when I was younger really considered moving there. Once again, Welcome Aboard

displayfireworks1
08-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Thanks for joining the forums. If you do a search on Montana, you will see there are a few members from that state here.
http://www.myonlinemaps.com/images/montana-map.gif
I may do an ATF Fireworks breakdown of that state.
ATF Fireworks license by county state of Montana

Cascade-3
Custer-1
Flathead-5
Gallatin-1
Hill-4
Jefferson-1
Lake-4
Lewis & Clark -3
Meagher-1
Missoula-3
Musselshell-1
Ravalli-3
Roosevelt-1
Stillwater-1
Valley-1
Yellowstone-4
http://montanaprayer.com/images/mt-county-map.gif

Shooter
08-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk MontanaMike!

MontanaMike
08-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Welcome to PT. Glad to have you on board. Is Montana considered a "fireworks friendly" state or do they have limited sales, limited times for useage etc. Always thought it was a beautiful state and when I was younger really considered moving there. Once again, Welcome Aboard

I believe the state has a law restricting sales to the two weeks before July 4, and the week before Dec. 31. As far as banned items, statewide, the only consumer-type items that are illegal are roman candles, sky rockets and bottle rockets -- everything else 1.4 is OK. Individual towns can set their own restrictions on usage -- my own hometown allows fireworks usage all day on the 4th until 11:00pm, and also on New Year's Eve. Other towns don't even allow possession of fireworks, so it varies a lot.

Thanks for the welcome, guys - looking forward to learning a lot here.